Riddles for y'all

• 19007 posts
    September 20, 2010 10:52 PM PDT

Howard, that was my first, but the correct answer is

Seven Dollars plus the rope.

Now Class open your geography books to page...

When I left, I didn't know where I was going; when I got there, I didn't know where I was; when I returned, I didn't know where I had been. Who was I?

• 5417 posts
    September 21, 2010 5:03 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...

When I left, I didn't know where I was going; when I got there, I didn't know where I was; when I returned, I didn't know where I had been. Who was I?

Me, back in the 70's

• 19007 posts
    September 21, 2010 11:10 PM PDT

answer is...

Christopher Columbus

Yeah Lucky, I think that was a lot of people in the seventies...
    Next on the list is an easy one...

They can trickle down, They can tickle too. Or make you sneeze, Or comfort you. Their rustling sound, you've rarely heard! What are they?

• September 21, 2010 11:37 PM PDT
    Sorry Rex but I can not read what is up. They are stacked. I felt like lucky on the last one. Maybe an old peop[le thing.??
    • 19007 posts
    September 21, 2010 11:55 PM PDT
    OK here in plain type. Sorry Howard

They can trickle down, or tickle too. They make you sneeze, or comfort you. Their rustling sound, you've rarely heard!

What are they????

• 76 posts
    September 22, 2010 2:02 AM PDT
    Feathers?
    • 5417 posts
    September 22, 2010 2:32 AM PDT
    Yep, think you got it there. That's what I was going to say, then I turned the page and saw you did already.
    • 76 posts
    September 22, 2010 8:57 AM PDT
    Well you know that old saying -- Even a blind squirrel gets a nut every now and again...that be me!!
    • 19007 posts
    September 22, 2010 11:37 PM PDT

They can trickle down, They can tickle too. Or make you sneeze, Or comfort you. Their rustling sound, you've rarely heard! What are they?

Feathers.

You are correct WannaRide!!!

Ok answer me this...

What is once in a minute, twice in a moment, and never in a thousand years?

• 76 posts
    September 23, 2010 1:40 AM PDT
    M
  • September 23, 2010 1:58 AM PDT
    WannaRide wrote...
    M
    Pickey--Pickey--Pickey 
    • 19007 posts
    September 23, 2010 11:34 PM PDT
    Youse guys is too much smart...WannaRide and Howard

Previous...

What is once in a minute, twice in a moment, and never in a thousand years?

Answer is
    The letter 'M'

This one shouldn't bee too hard to answer...

Who or what demands an answer having never asked a question?

• September 24, 2010 1:42 AM PDT
    Hello.!!
    • 76 posts
    September 24, 2010 1:50 AM PDT
    Hi Howard  
    • 19007 posts
    September 25, 2010 12:04 AM PDT
    Youse Guys is too smart...

Answer is...Telephone

A farmer has 17 cows. Three have hoof and mouth disease, two have mad cow disease. One was hit by a car , all but 9 die. How many are left?

• 580 posts
    September 25, 2010 1:49 AM PDT
  • September 25, 2010 2:29 AM PDT
    I am a right and so is my daughter but my twin boys are left .    How do you tell with cows.??

Wherre did he bury the survivors?????    outa here     
    • 19007 posts
    September 26, 2010 11:00 PM PDT

OK That was tooooo easy
    Let's try this one...

A young man decides to buy a collector's baseball card. He pays $60 for it. After a month, the value of the card has increased to $70 and he decides to sell it. But already a few days later he regrets his decision to sell the collector's item, and he buys it again. Unfortunately he has to pay $80 to get it back, so he loses $10. After a year of owning the baseball card, he finally decides to sell it for $100. What is his overall profit?

• 580 posts
    September 27, 2010 12:46 AM PDT
    ? £30
  • September 27, 2010 1:33 AM PDT
    $30.00 I am not a Money wizzard but a dollar gained is a proffit reinvestment loss does not count. That is what I think.!?
    This resembles by 401
    • 76 posts
    September 27, 2010 1:41 AM PDT
    I'm thinking $20???
    • 5417 posts
    September 27, 2010 7:18 AM PDT
    I'm with Howard - $30

They are two seperate transactions.  The first time he made $10.  Buying the card again was an entirely new investment and wasn't actually a loss.  He made $20 on the second transaction for a total of $30.
    • 76 posts
    September 27, 2010 7:58 AM PDT
    Ahhh - yep think you guys are right - I was thinking net
    • 19007 posts
    September 27, 2010 11:44 PM PDT

A young man decides to buy a collector's baseball card. He pays $60 for it. After a month, the value of the card has increased to $70 and he decides to sell it. But already a few days later he regrets his decision to sell the collector's item, and he buys it again. Unfortunately he has to pay $80 to get it back, so he loses $10. After a year of owning the baseball card, he finally decides to sell it for $100. What is his overall profit?

$30.00. Overall profit, not net profit!

I knew some of you penny pinchers would see the key, Overall...

Now ya gotta think some...

Ray Whitcombe is found dead in his office at his desk. The police have narrowed the suspects down to three people: Mrs. Barbara Whitcombe, Ray's wife; Mr. Jason McCubbins, Ray's business partner; and Mr. Harold Nichols, Ray's best friend. All three visited Mr. Whitcombe the day of his murder, but all three provide the police with stories of explanation as to the reason for their visit. Police found Mr. Whitcombe with his wrist watch still on his right arm, a torn up picture of his wife laying on the floor beside the trash can, and an ink pen in his right hand. On the desk, the police found a name plate, a telephone that was off the hook, and a personal calendar turned to the July 5th page with 7B91011 written on it. After examining this evidence, the police knew their suspect. Who was it?

• September 28, 2010 11:30 PM PDT
    I wasn't good at the game because I didn't have a CLUE..!!