Riddles for y'all

• September 14, 2010 12:59 AM PDT
    He Inhaled the water from his canteen. ???? Don't watch the water drop plane when it flys over. Saw the roof of a DNR pickup mashed down from a drop in Wisconsin..
    • 19007 posts
    September 14, 2010 1:33 AM PDT
    Ya got it right WannaRide

A firefighting plane filled its tanks with water from a lake, sucking a scuba-diver in (Is this an urban legend, or did I see this on the news?). He drown while the plane was in flight and was dumped onto a burning forest with the water.

And the next one is...

A man was just doing his job when his suit was torn. Why did he die three minutes later?

• 76 posts
    September 14, 2010 2:20 AM PDT
    He was an astronaut???

• September 14, 2010 2:31 AM PDT
    The man lost his atmospheric protection..
    • 19007 posts
    September 16, 2010 12:02 AM PDT
    Can't put much over on you folks...

The Answer is an Astronaut on a space walk.

Now I am gonna make ya think a bit.

You have the misfortune to own an unreliable clock. This one loses exactly 24 minutes every hour. It is now showing 3:00am and you know that is was correct at midnight, when you set it. The clock stopped 1 hour ago, what is the correct time now?

• 76 posts
    September 16, 2010 1:26 AM PDT
       Bringing back nightmares from 8th grade math class..........

The correct time now E.S.T. is 9:30 a.m.....but I don't think that's what you were looking for
  • September 16, 2010 2:06 AM PDT
    60+24x3/60+1------Time to throw the clock out..    How do you know when 1 hour has passed if the clock stopped?  When you can purchase an electric time piece for $1.00..It may be pink or blue or have a sticky back..?????    Now if you reset it and it runs now what time would it say at noon EST if you are in LA ??????   
    • 19007 posts
    September 16, 2010 4:10 AM PDT
    I knew this one would be fun. I struggled with it too. But after I knew the right answer I did get it right. But yeah, throw out that damned clock!
    • 76 posts
    September 16, 2010 5:56 AM PDT
    Howard: LMAO

Well Mike...if I knew the right answer I'd get it right too....just saying lol I know - you got the answer and then you were able to figure it out but that gave me a good chuckle!!
    • 19007 posts
    September 16, 2010 11:26 PM PDT
    Ok The answer is almost as confusing as the answer.

6:00am: since the clock is losing 24 minutes every hour, for every real hour that has passed, the clock will only show 36 minutes. Since the clock shows 3:00am, we know that 180 clock minutes have passed. This therefore equals 300 real minutes and hence 5 hours. The clock stopped 1 hour ago and the time must now be 6.00am.

Ok here is the next...>>>

I say everything I hear to others around. I'm not an animal, nor part of the human race. I will, immediately, repeat after you; But only if my tail is in place. What am I?

• September 17, 2010 2:27 AM PDT
    a microphone. Right Mic..?
    • 76 posts
    September 17, 2010 3:01 AM PDT
    All I kept thinking was echo but couldn't square up the tail part of it.   You da  Howard!
    • 580 posts
    September 17, 2010 3:15 AM PDT
    Didn't have a pen?????
    • 1516 posts
    September 17, 2010 3:18 AM PDT
    My X husband?
  • September 17, 2010 3:32 AM PDT
    Sorry Rex for the math doubt. I miscalculated the slow clock hour. I found my error. Good head exercise.. I do most calculations mentally and had a brain fart.
    • 580 posts
    September 17, 2010 3:43 AM PDT
    chocmintz wrote...
    Didn't have a pen?????

Oops  guys - I just committed the cardinal rule of not scrolling to the last page before I posted

Hey ho  - I'll remember next time - honest
    • 76 posts
    September 17, 2010 5:30 AM PDT
    debrajo62 wrote...
    My X husband?

lol - good one!!
    • 5419 posts
    September 17, 2010 5:42 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Ok The answer is almost as confusing as the answer.

6:00am: since the clock is losing 24 minutes every hour, for every real hour that has passed, the clock will only show 36 minutes. Since the clock shows 3:00am, we know that 180 clock minutes have passed. This therefore equals 300 real minutes and hence 5 hours. The clock stopped 1 hour ago and the time must now be 6.00am.

You're probably correct, but either way I'm going back to sleep!!!!
    • 75 posts
    September 17, 2010 7:44 AM PDT
    Think of it like this: midnight = midnight; actual 1AM = 12:36am on the broken clock; 2AM = 1:12am; 3AM =1:48am; 4AM = 2:24am; 5AM = 3:00am. Add one hour to 5:am and it equals 6AM.
    • 19007 posts
    September 17, 2010 11:55 PM PDT
    You Got It Howard!!

Previous
    I say everything I hear to others around. I'm not an animal, nor part of the human race. I will, immediately, repeat after you; But only if my tail is in place. What am I?

Answer;  Microphone

Ya hafta think a bit but stick to it and you will figure it out...

My first is in fish but not in snail, My second is in rabbit but not in tail. My third is in up but not in down, My fourth is in tiara but not in crown. My fifth is in tree you plainly see, My whole a food for you and me. What am I?

• 75 posts
    September 18, 2010 3:03 AM PDT
    fruit
  • September 18, 2010 7:08 AM PDT
    DEFCON wrote...
    OK, I'll go off topic with the water. You can supercool purified water to well below freezing and it will remain liquid until it has a "structure" to crystalize after. It could be dust that starts the crystalization or an airplane wing. (This is the cause of clear air icing on aircraft wings when the wing impacts supercooled water in suspension in the air). EXPERIMENT that is cool to show kids: put some distilled water in a freezer overnight, preferably in a bottle. Then CAREFULLY take it out and pour it on the ground from a height of about 6 inches. It will freeze as soon as it hits the ground. If it's in a bottle, you can also just give it a good shake and it will freeze before your eyes in the bottle.

DEF ~ I love it!!! My Dad was a pilot and we did a lot of flying around in Alaska (and else where)  ~ we discussed this malady that affects unwary pilots, so I performed this experiment when we lived in Anchorage, AK. 28 degrees, perfectly still, glass of water. Still liquid... now, here's the caveat ~ do NOT stick your finger in it! I had a nice popsicle very quickly... ha ha!

Sorry for being off topic ~ but that was just too good to pass up

• 19007 posts
    September 19, 2010 2:19 AM PDT

Ya got it right nofrets!

My first is in fish but not in snail, My second is in rabbit but not in tail. My third is in up but not in down, My fourth is in tiara but not in crown. My fifth is in tree you plainly see, My whole a food for you and me. What am I?

Fruit

OK here is another word number problem..have fun... btw I got it wrong.

A man buys a rope from a woman for $3.00 and hands the woman a $10 bill. The woman goes into the grocery store next door to get change. She returns and gives the man $7.00. After the man leaves, the clerk from the store comes and says, "Hey, that was a counterfeit bill you gave me." The woman gives the clerk a good bill. How much has the woman lost?

• September 19, 2010 3:42 AM PDT
    YOU GOT CAUGHT BY THE QUICK CHANGE ROUTINE..???? FORGOT THE STEP #1 ?
  • September 19, 2010 11:00 PM PDT
    She lost the rope and ten spot.