Riddles for y'all

• 19004 posts
    September 7, 2010 12:47 AM PDT
    The key here is 'consecutive', one must follow the last...
  • September 7, 2010 1:47 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    The key here is 'consecutive', one must follow the last...
       Too easy to divulge this early.    
    • 76 posts
    September 8, 2010 7:23 AM PDT
    Yesterday, today and tomorrow...I like the eassssssy ones!!
    • 19004 posts
    September 8, 2010 8:47 AM PDT
    Sorry for getting the answer up late, had a busy AM today.

OK Smarties... y'all were right

Yesterday, today and tomorrow.

OK here is the next one. Kinda easy too.

Tom and his younger sister were fighting. Their mother was tired of the fighting, and decided to punish them by making them stand on the same piece of newspaper in such a way that they couldn't touch each other.

How did she accomplish this?

• 76 posts
    September 8, 2010 9:01 AM PDT
    ***theme from Jeopardy playing in background***
    • 1161 posts
    September 8, 2010 3:16 PM PDT
    they were "standing" on there heads?
    • 76 posts
    September 9, 2010 7:12 AM PDT
    I had to break down and google this one...never would have got it!!
  • September 9, 2010 10:25 AM PDT
    Put a door between them
    • 19004 posts
    September 9, 2010 11:50 AM PDT
    Well Kudos Howard...

Make them stand each on one side of a door, hopefully not a screen door...

And now for one not too hard...

The priest in my hometown told us that on a particular day he would walk on water for 30 minutes. The lake was not dry and we all observed the priest actually walking on water. How?
  • September 9, 2010 12:19 PM PDT
    OO OO -------I KNOW OO OOO OOOOO PICK ME

• September 9, 2010 12:27 PM PDT
    his last name was christ! lol
    • 19004 posts
    September 10, 2010 12:10 AM PDT

The water was a frozen lake.

OK ya hafta thunk a bit for this one...

The following sentence is false. The preceding sentence is true. Are these sentences true or false?

• September 10, 2010 1:14 AM PDT
    Yes they are--------- FALSE ---TRUE?  RIGHT...  " I'LL BE BACK ".

Did we go Ice fishing in the ice shack comunity.. I have had some great times on 24 inches of ice over a hot fishing hole.. Fresh fried fish is delish...
    • 76 posts
    September 10, 2010 1:27 AM PDT
    Then technically the priest would have been walking on ice not water no? Liked the last one!! Keep 'em coming Mike......
    • 19004 posts
    September 10, 2010 6:17 AM PDT
    WannaRide wrote...
    Then technically the priest would have been walking on ice not water no? Liked the last one!! Keep 'em coming Mike......
    Actually I believe ice is water in frozen form, thus technically still water.

• 76 posts
    September 10, 2010 8:09 AM PDT
    Ice is water in frozen form??? You don't say - lol
    • 19004 posts
    September 10, 2010 9:43 AM PDT
    WannaRide wrote...
    Ice is water in frozen form??? You don't say - lol

Actually I remember reading somewhere that water, like many other things has three states, vapor, liquid and frozen. Each one is still chemically water. Think of a lead bar, if you heat it enough it is molton lead but still lead.

Apologies for being anal......

• September 10, 2010 10:56 AM PDT
      One more strange fact. Glass is actually a liquid that does flow. Some " VERY OLD " colony period glass has been measured to have slumped to a thicker lower dimention than at the top of the verticle pane.  It is .!   
    • 19004 posts
    September 10, 2010 11:01 AM PDT
    I believe that Howard. No worries about the off topic. Not too strict here about that.
    I also love useless facts. Kinda like me sometimes HAHAHAHAHA
  • September 10, 2010 11:07 AM PDT
    OK, I'll go off topic with the water. You can supercool purified water to well below freezing and it will remain liquid until it has a "structure" to crystalize after. It could be dust that starts the crystalization or an airplane wing. (This is the cause of clear air icing on aircraft wings when the wing impacts supercooled water in suspension in the air). EXPERIMENT that is cool to show kids: put some distilled water in a freezer overnight, preferably in a bottle. Then CAREFULLY take it out and pour it on the ground from a height of about 6 inches. It will freeze as soon as it hits the ground. If it's in a bottle, you can also just give it a good shake and it will freeze before your eyes in the bottle.
    • 19004 posts
    September 10, 2010 11:16 AM PDT
    JEEZE I love the People here on CycleFish. Serious!!!!
  • September 10, 2010 11:23 AM PDT
    A note of interrest. The Duluth Superior harbor sometimes will do a rapid freeze with air temperatures that drop very cold and quickly. Some call it a "Snap freeze". It freezes so fast that it rumbles.  Not too often.
    • 19004 posts
    September 11, 2010 5:11 PM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...

The water was a frozen lake.

OK ya hafta thunk a bit for this one...

The following sentence is false. The preceding sentence is true. Are these sentences true or false?

Answer...
    Neither, it's a paradox. If the first is true, then the second must be false, which makes the first false; it doesn't work.

And the newest is...

A woman proves in court that her husband was murdered by her sister, but the judge decides that the sister cannot be punished. Why?

• 19004 posts
    September 12, 2010 11:53 PM PDT

previous answer...
    The Sisters are Siamese twins

Here is an urban legend one for ya...

A man is found dead in a burned out forest, cause of death is drowning, and far from water. How did this happen?

• 76 posts
    September 13, 2010 2:32 AM PDT
    He was swimming and got scooped out of the water (not ice ) by the rescue team and dumped on the fire when they released the water