Lilsistar goes down today.

• July 30, 2010 3:36 PM PDT
    After riding through Delaware, Pennsylvania and into New York, BikerSarge (Ron) and his wife Lilsistar (Jessie) were almost at my place in NY, less than 10 miles, when an idiot not paying attention cut Jess off and caused her to lay the bike down. Luckily she was not injured badly. After four and a half hours, many x-rays,  cat scan, and 5 stitches in the elbow for an impact wound she was released. She had a good helmet on, heavy riding boots and good riding attire, plus a good pair of gloves. She's banged up , has a little road rash, her leg is badly bruised and will have a good sized bruise on her face with the black eye. BikerSarge was able to limp the bike to my place though he was a bit lopesided. We manged to get both bikes here while Jess was taken to the hospital via ambulance. The idiot driver was given 2 citations, 1 for failure to yeild and driving left of center. Luckily the state trooper that responded was also a rider and was almost as pissed as Sarge. Thank goodness Jess's wounds will heal and she will be OK.  Bike will have to be taken to a dealership for repairs, but nothing that is not fixable. Thank God her Guardian Angel was riding with her today!!
  • July 30, 2010 4:20 PM PDT
    WoW ! Glad to hear Lilsistar wasnt badly hurt and too bad she is hurt period, Daaaaaaaam that driver and Bless that Officer for seeing good towards  the biker "Lilsistar"
    Why in the hell can drivers see cats, squrrils, butterflys n skunk shit in the road but somehows cannot see a 6 to 800 lb motorcycle comming and with a head light on ?

Get well fellow rider, my heart goes out to your bike as well....sorry couldn't help that
    RandyJoe...Ride DStrong...
  • July 30, 2010 4:36 PM PDT
     Thanks RandyJoe. She's upstairs resting comfortably here at sidetrack's. She'll be one sore "puppy" tomorrow but, thanks to all the protective gear she had on the injuries were realitively minor! Yep, I got just a little bent out of shape and people kept the other person far enough away from me that I couldn't get a hand on him! I wasn't too "composed" for quite a while this evening... It'll all be ok. She will heal and the bike can be repaired. She now belongs to that group of riders that has been "down"...  Her Angel was right there with her today!  Sarge....
    • 413 posts
    July 30, 2010 9:58 PM PDT
    Ron, give Jessie myand tell her to kick back and relax. Your in good hands with Deb; just tell Deb to keep the tofu and bean sprouts away and feed that gal of yours something that will stick to her bones . Glad to hear it wasn't worse than it was; sweet Jessie is a very fortunate women today . Freakin idiot feckers in cages just never cease to amaze me with their stupidity
    • 19007 posts
    July 30, 2010 10:47 PM PDT
    WOW. That is really rotten. I certainly am glad Jessie is OK!!! I am at a loss for words. Heal quickly Jess.
    • 126 posts
    July 30, 2010 10:51 PM PDT
    I'm sorry Lilsistar was hurt. How are you handling it. Id be pissed. I'm glad you did not get taken out also. People need to pay more attichen to us little guys. You 2 take care and tell Lilsistar to get better soon. Try and have a good weekend.
    • 1066 posts
    July 30, 2010 10:58 PM PDT
    Wow Ron sure hate to hear that, but thank God she's not hurt worse. Take care of yourself Jessie, hope you're back up on two wheels real soon.
    • 568 posts
    July 30, 2010 11:26 PM PDT
    aww, sorry ta hear, and sure glad Jess got away wid minor scuffs. hate bloody dopey cage drivers! GRRRRR....

GWS Jess, and ye try ta relax Ron... as said ya sure must be in good hands wid nurse Deb...
  • July 31, 2010 1:56 AM PDT
    Thank you for all your support and kind words. I am doing pretty good today. Am one hurt puppy, but nothing is broken. Thank god for good riding gear. Ron is a lot more upset than I am, my hero.

Maybe one day we will have segregated rodes, one for cages and one for bikes, LOL.
    • 2072 posts
    July 31, 2010 2:08 AM PDT
    Jessie, Sorry to hear you went down. Damn cages !!! Am glad to hear your injuries are minor. Get some rest and allow yourself to heal. The bike can be fixed and thats a good thing. Sarge, I've said for years God made baseball bats 'cause He knew there were STUPID cagers !!! Probably a good thing ya didn't have one in hand. I know what I would have done with one !!!!!!
    • 1364 posts
    July 31, 2010 2:09 AM PDT
    Wow, Sorry to hear about your mishap, Wishing you a quick recovery. The road angels were watching out for you.
  • July 31, 2010 2:12 AM PDT
    i am sorry to hear the dumbshit caused your accident, and am sorry about your injuries, godspeed on healing. i am glad it was no worse than it is, and am real glad they kept sarge away from that idiot! but, sometimes a severe thrashing is a real good attitude adjustment. all the same, i am glad you guys are alright!
    • 910 posts
    July 31, 2010 2:20 AM PDT
    Jess! I can't believe all that's happened! I'm sorry for what you had to go through but so very relieved it wasn't worse! My love to you and Ron
    • 1780 posts
    July 31, 2010 2:24 AM PDT
    Well that's one hell of a way of getting out of having to mow the grass at sidetracks house with the lawn mower from hell. You know I'm kidding because I've been down that road rash trail not that long ago. Just glad your not to badly hurt, and be able to recover, and get back on that iron horse, after it's repaired of course. Just take it easy and keep the burn cream on the road rash, and it will heal. Of course the new skin comes out pink, which for a female is ok, but damn how macho can a dude be with pink skin.
    Tell Sarge to take good care of ya, and keep us posted on your progress.
    The Dragon
    • 5417 posts
    July 31, 2010 3:03 AM PDT
    Jessie, Really sorry to hear this.  Glad that you did not get seriously hurt, and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Sarge, hope you're doing ok...you must be emotionally spent, between the fear you must have first experience, then the rage that immediately followed.   I'm sure if I saw that happen to my wife, it would take me a bit to get over it.

Both you take care.
    • 1516 posts
    July 31, 2010 3:22 AM PDT
    Oh boy, that is so scary to have that kinda stuff happen to you.. Glad you are ok Jess! Ron be sure to baby her and be happy that it was not worse!
    Hope you feel better soon Jess. Keep us posted
  • July 31, 2010 3:24 AM PDT
    FxrDude wrote...
    Ron, give Jessie myand tell her to kick back and relax. Your in good hands with Deb; just tell Deb to keep the tofu and bean sprouts away and feed that gal of yours something that will stick to her bones . Glad to hear it wasn't worse than it was; sweet Jessie is a very fortunate women today . Freakin idiot feckers in cages just never cease to amaze me with their stupidity

Just to let you know Dear Mr. FxrDude, there is not a bean sprout or a piece of tofu in the house to feed Ron and Jess!!  Breakfast this morning was bacon, fresh organic eggs, grits with chedder cheese, a nice grainy bread toasted, fresh fruit salad and coffee cake muffins with a couple of pots of coffee!!!  To bad you missed out, it was pretty damn good!!! LOL
    • 413 posts
    July 31, 2010 4:29 AM PDT
    sidetrack wrote...
    FxrDude wrote...

Just to let you know Dear Mr. FxrDude, there is not a bean sprout or a piece of tofu in the house to feed Ron and Jess!!  Breakfast this morning was bacon, fresh organic eggs, grits with chedder cheese, a nice grainy bread toasted, fresh fruit salad and coffee cake muffins with a couple of pots of coffee!!!  To bad you missed out, it was pretty damn good!!! LOL

OK Ms. Hippie Holistic Homemaker from OZ; what is the difference between a organic fecking egg and a egg laid by a freakin chicken? Do you grow in yer egg garden fertalised in chicken shit or what?....

OK; had to do a google search since this redneck don't know shit about organic except growin yer own private garden in the woods... Jeeeeeebeze's H Christola! Organic eggs my ass! What did you pay for those organic eggs? Twice what a freaking regular egg costs and what was the difference in the taste? What the hell happened to the days of grabbin some eggs out of the chicken coupe, whipeing the crap of em and frying them up...Organic Bullshit!!.......LOL!

• July 31, 2010 5:32 AM PDT
    Jessie and Ron ~ my very best to you both. Thank God you weren't hurt worse Jess and that you didn't get a hand on the cager Ron! I understand your rage, but a trip in the back of the paddy wagon wouldn't help (albeit, it might have been satisfying after 'the fact'!!!)
    Sounds like you're in good hands at Deb's ~ even if she ran out of tofu ;-) Organic eggs... okay ~ but how do you get organic bacon?!?
    Take good care and a very speedy recovery!
    • 1516 posts
    July 31, 2010 5:33 AM PDT
    You guys are funny!
    • 1509 posts
    July 31, 2010 5:38 AM PDT
    Thank you Lord for keeping you hands on theese people that were able to survive the negetive actions of others keep them strong and help them heal quickly and overcome the addversities that accompany the actions of others that cause pain and suffering to the innocent. Amen
    • 352 posts
    July 31, 2010 6:03 AM PDT
    wow - just got back on and saw this - glad Jesie and the bike are doing ok, man I really want to start kicking in doors and heads when stuff like that happens...these people that are oblivious to others while out driving a 1-2 ton weapon around need to wake up.

Have a few hits of some good booz and chill out & get well.
  • July 31, 2010 1:45 PM PDT
    Been off for a few day and saw this. That is scary but I'm sooo glad she is ok. It serves as a reminder that we really are invisible to most car driving idiots:-( To Jesse, speedy physical and psychic healing.
    • 0 posts
    July 31, 2010 1:55 PM PDT
    I am very glad that Jessie is ok (at least no major injuries) Heal quickly girl :-)

I think about this every time I go out with my wife. I have a tendency to protect her and shield her, probably more than I should. I really don't like the thought of what I would do to someone that hurt her out of negligence.
  • July 31, 2010 2:12 PM PDT
    Sorry to hear of your accident. Hope you are healing well and have a positive attitude to get back on your bike soon. I drive a " Cage" but my first priority is to locate any and all bikes in my location and keep an eye out, and ear out for them. Have been close to a collision with a bike and car and I was on the back of the bike. I was wishing for an automatic fire arm of any kind at the time. So I have been very careful in keeping a watch out for all Bikers. And today was a great day to ride and the roads were just teaming with riders. Made my heart skip a beat. Well Jess Heal well and ride strong.