Buffy World Tour....Mobile, Alabama

• 413 posts
    July 24, 2010 1:47 PM PDT
    After a day and a half of car issues; Buffy is on her way to New Orleans

We put on a new water pump, timing belt, AC belt, alternator belt, a new wheel stud as we broke one putting her wheel back on, and changed the oil and filter. The impeller on the old water pump was shot and hardly spinninmg if any at all on the pump shaft which wasn't circulating the water when the pulley was turning. After the new pump was on all the racket from the old pump cleared and the temp guage stayed at normal. The only thing was the overheating light was still on and we ended up pulling the cables off the battery like Derek (BadInflence) said and I guess the puter reset then gradyrides called and we ended up purging what I guess was maybe a airpocket in the lines as Derek and gradyrides said. We started her back up, rode her around a few miles lugging it with the AC on then got on the interstate and I tached her out pretty good and hit speeds of right at 80 for a few miles, turned the AC off and the heater on and the overheat dash light never came on again. So Buffy is on her way to New Orleans and should be there around 10 tonight. So we got our girl hooked up thanks to badInflence, gradyrides, bikersarge, my friend Alan who busted his ass and she's back on her world tour...LOL. 

We had fun even with the bad car luck; the boys loved her and hated to see her go. She's a good gal and we love her. Be safe Buffy and have FUN!

• 568 posts
    July 24, 2010 1:57 PM PDT
    looks like a lotta fun alrite.

fair feck ta the lot of ye fer helping the damsel in distress due ta her carriage...
  • July 24, 2010 1:59 PM PDT
    You guys are the best looking out for our girl Buffy!!! Nice photo of you guys.
  • July 24, 2010 2:55 PM PDT
    Hope she makes it our way!! chugchug....boomboom chitty chitty bany bang!!!
    • 1516 posts
    July 24, 2010 2:56 PM PDT
    Buffy is safe and on her way.. woo hoo.. great looking out guys and have fun Buffy!
  • July 24, 2010 3:05 PM PDT
    Where else is a gal gonna have a "Pit crew" just waiting for her to come rolling in for fresh tires, a shot of gas and any emergency maintenance she needs done! Only on CF!!!!
    • 413 posts
    July 24, 2010 3:28 PM PDT
    Buffy just called; car is running good with no issues and she made it to New Orleans.
  • July 24, 2010 3:37 PM PDT
    you boys did a good job out there blaine!
  • July 24, 2010 3:38 PM PDT
    I knew you were FIXER Dude instead of FxrDude! lol You are the man!
  • July 24, 2010 5:10 PM PDT
    Yep... Hocus Pocus Blaine's got it in Focus!!!
    • 1509 posts
    July 25, 2010 12:15 AM PDT
    Well did the fxr get th privledgd of rideing the rare andspecial seldom seen in any one place for a long tim ADVENTUREGIRL.
    • 568 posts
    July 25, 2010 12:19 AM PDT
    shedsruty59 wrote...
    Well did the fxr get th privledgd of rideing the rare andspecial seldom seen in any one place for a long tim ADVENTUREGIRL.

is it me, or this can be interpreted in more than the one way?! LOL

• 1780 posts
    July 25, 2010 12:27 AM PDT
    Looking forward to hooking up with BadInfluence and Buffy next weekend in Austin Texas. Thanks guys for keeping her heading in my direction.
  • July 25, 2010 12:59 AM PDT
    ezzyrider wrote...
    shedsruty59 wrote...

Ah.....yeah!!!!!
    • 568 posts
    July 25, 2010 1:03 AM PDT
    sidetrack wrote...
    ezzyrider wrote...
    shedsruty59 wrote...

Ah.....yeah!!!!!
    so, it CAN be interpreted at least 2 different ways?! 
    • 413 posts
    July 25, 2010 1:04 AM PDT
    shedsruty59 wrote...

NO!!!!! She's a good girl 
    • 568 posts
    July 25, 2010 1:06 AM PDT
    PMSL!
    *spewing me coffee thru ma nose here!*
  • July 25, 2010 5:52 AM PDT
    LMFAO! I bet!
    • 910 posts
    July 25, 2010 12:50 PM PDT
    Where do I begin? I have so much love and gratitude for my CF family and friends. When I pulled off that highway in Mobile with the temperature gauge flashing and then stepped out of the car to meet Blaine and heard the noises coming from the front end I thought for sure my trip was ending right there. Blaine never gave up he got on the phone and made calls then walked me to his neighbor's house to ask his friend to look at my car so I could keep going. I wanted to hope but I was fearing the worst too. It was a long hard two days for Blaine and Allen working on that fine specimen of german engineering. They worked through hundred plus degree temperatures drenched in dirt and sweat and though they were over worked, sore, hot, and tired they showed me nothing but kindness and consideration, worrying more about making sure I could continue on my cage cruise than the things they had to do in their own lives. They have not only earned my appreciation, but my utmost respect and my heart. I also am very appreciative to the others that helped us to make this happen be it through their own sage advice or in other ways. I couldn't have continued on without them all. I will never forget the kindness and I will do everything I can to pay it forward. As for the rest of the comments, I had a good laugh! But then I always do when it comes to my CF friends and family, you all keep me very entertained when I get the chance to check in. ;-p~
    • 413 posts
    July 25, 2010 1:01 PM PDT
    AdventureGirl wrote...
    Where do I begin? I have so much love and gratitude for my CF family and friends. When I pulled off that highway in Mobile with the temperature gauge flashing and then stepped out of the car to meet Blaine and heard the noises coming from the front end I thought for sure my trip was ending right there. Blaine never gave up he got on the phone and made calls then walked me to his neighbor's house to ask his friend to look at my car so I could keep going. I wanted to hope but I was fearing the worst too. It was a long hard two days for Blaine and Allen working on that fine specimen of german engineering. They worked through hundred plus degree temperatures drenched in dirt and sweat and though they were over worked, sore, hot, and tired they showed me nothing but kindness and consideration, worrying more about making sure I could continue on my cage cruise than the things they had to do in their own lives. They have not only earned my appreciation, but my utmost respect and my heart. I also am very appreciative to the others that helped us to make this happen be it through their own sage advice or in other ways. I couldn't have continued on without them all. I will never forget the kindness and I will do everything I can to pay it forward. As for the rest of the comments, I had a good laugh! But then I always do when it comes to my CF friends and family, you all keep me very entertained when I get the chance to check in. ;-p~

And Buffy; I still had to fold those two baskets of clothes today as well   LMAO!!!  Love ya sweetie; HAVE FUN and BE SAFE

• 1780 posts
    July 25, 2010 1:25 PM PDT
    I can just see fxrdude looking like a little kid..kicking dirt, turning red, saying....ah shucks Buffy it was nutten.
    • 413 posts
    July 25, 2010 1:28 PM PDT
    nightdragon wrote...
    I can just see fxrdude looking like a little kid..kicking dirt, turning red, saying....ah shucks Buffy it was nutten.

I was red....from the freakin sun...lol

Now Allen on the other hand; he would be the...."Aw Shucks Guy"...lol

• July 25, 2010 1:44 PM PDT
    just glad all is good and on its way fxrdude cant wait to ride with you maybe i'll end up that way and u can fix whatever i am riding/driving lmao driving but glad i could give you some help in figuring things out and one day we may meet up buffy.... be safe and have fun
  • July 25, 2010 1:47 PM PDT
    This is the way "it's" supposed to be! Knowing that someone cares and you'll be safe even far away from home. Knowing that no matter where you're at, help is just a phone call away. Yep... Proud to call that guy my friend. Blaine, ya did good. Yer a "stand up" guy, no doubt about it... Even though you were probably cussing and fussing and skinning your knuckles with sweat running in both eyes, ya got the job accomplished and put the Buffymobile back on the road! My hat's off to you and Allen. Y'all did good! Sarge....
  • July 25, 2010 2:42 PM PDT
    like sarge said. that is how it is supposed to be. maybe the "normal" people could learn from this