Do Bikers Consider the V-Rod a Harley?

• 1040 posts
    December 6, 2009 1:44 AM PST
    Maggie wrote...
    Hell no!

Why????

• g
    December 6, 2009 1:54 AM PST
    yip,aye ,they are the same ,have two tyres ??
  • g
    December 6, 2009 1:54 AM PST
    fxrdude wrote...
    Maggie wrote...
    Hell no!

Why????

aye ,why no ??.
    • 119 posts
    December 6, 2009 4:45 AM PST
    As long as you are in the wind, that’s all that matters. I’ve ridden all types of bikes, don’t get me wrong. I just prefer to ride a Harley. And to "me" there's nothing hotter than a woman on one.
  • December 6, 2009 10:43 AM PST
    Krum wrote...
    As long as you are in the wind, that’s all that matters. I’ve ridden all types of bikes, don’t get me wrong. I just prefer to ride a Harley. And to "me" there's nothing hotter than a woman on one.
      Aint that the truth...all good on two wheels!
    • 1066 posts
    December 6, 2009 12:54 PM PST
    Hey GoFastGirl, go to any dragstrip. See whats turning the low elapsed times, the big M.P.H. It's the V-Rod. Any place they are running the V-Rod, The Harley people are there cheerin them on,so yes it's a Harley. But, you ride anything you are comfortable on. You're in the wind, on two wheels, and livin life to the fullest. I am riding a Suzuki Marauder, 800cc bike currently. The speedo says a buck-twenty, and it will do it. I ride with Jap bikes, and i ride with Harleys. I consider myself lucky to ride, since i'm an above knee amputee. Ride Hard
    • 9 posts
    June 22, 2013 3:55 PM PDT
    I don't think I saw this thread before, cause I would've commented, so a day late and dollar short, Tweek is gonna throw her two in on this...(did I really just speak in the third person? WTFreak is up with that?)

A V-ROD, comes with a certificate of sale from HARLEY-DAVIDSON MOTOR COMPANY, and that right there
    makes it special. (IMHO). I prefer Harley's. Any of 'em, or all of 'em....

BUT...and here's what YOU gotta come to grips with. K?
    It only matters what YOU think!
    You like it? RIDE IT!
    NOBODY that matters, gives a damn WHAT YOU RIDE. Feel me?

This ain't the STONED ages.     lmao
    Cause IF it still is?  I don't want 'em ridin' next to me, and I don't give a dang, what they're ON!

'Nuff said.

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • June 24, 2013 4:03 AM PDT
    I suppose water-cooled big twins will be acceptable......?
    • 846 posts
    June 24, 2013 4:26 AM PDT
    I agree with all that have said it shouldn't matter what you ride and those that look at anyone riding something different from them needs to take the stick out from where the sun doesn't shine. Everyone has a reason for riding thier make and model and as long as they ride responsibility I'll ride with anyone

As for the V-Rod of course it a Harley and one the gives one hell of a ride. If i could afford to have multiple bikes it would be one of ones in my garage.
  • June 24, 2013 5:05 AM PDT
    It's a Harley...it's a Harley outside of the box......but it's a Harley.
    • 611 posts
    June 25, 2013 11:23 AM PDT
    Hey GoFast...
    Many 'bikers' have started on Limeys (Triumph, BSA etc) or metric they chopped or just rode. Close friend of mine has a Suzi 650. She rides the crap outta that bike and when we stop at the Longhorn bar in Smokey Pt WA (my fav dive), there are always Harleys out front and there is a 1% club that drops by the bar. She is friends with 2 patch holders and they always give her a hard time about her bike. She just laughs and says "Well, lets go for a ride. I think my bike will out-corner ya!"
    Once again... it's about attitude and feeling strong in your skin.
    Oh, of course a V-Rod is a Harley!
    Edge "Comfortable" Walker
  • June 25, 2013 12:24 PM PDT
    For the last time "If someone comments about what you ride, they don't get it period" Find someone else to ride with. Not everyone has the cash for a Harley and besides Harley riders are usually the first ones to park their bikes when it becomes uncool to ride or the weather gets a little rough.
    • 79 posts
    June 25, 2013 9:29 PM PDT
    The Group we ride with are mostly harley but have victory riders and some ride sport bikes.Don't care what you ride as long as you ride.But you asked if harley riders think v rods are a harley and would say i have not met a single harley rider that think willie g should have put the harley name on this bike.
  • June 25, 2013 10:39 PM PDT
      I've been riding off and on for forty plus years and the only snobery that I've seen personally is from the adventure touring crowd, they seem to think they are the upperclass and everybody else is lower class. All that really matters is TWO WHEELS(OR 3) THE WIND ANJD THE JOURNEY, even the destination is unimportant. I love the look and sound of all bikes, I have only seen a couple in my lifetome that I did not think looked GOOD. Personlly I ride a Honda V-twin, and most people say I need a bigger bike, but I know me and the last thing I need is a bigger bike, besides I love my Shadow.
  • June 27, 2013 10:09 AM PDT
    It doesn't matter what you ride. I have a big twin cruiser and two sportbikes and my girlfriend has a Harley. The Vrod is a Harley even if it was designed by a German company. I laugh when Harley guys talk about "Jap Bikes". My GF's Haley has Showa forks on it which is a Japanese company. Tell them to look at the package all their custom chrome comes in.Tiawan ROC is not Detroit. If they don't like you because of what you ride you don't need to deal with them. There is a racing term I like. It doesn't matter what you have just " Run what you brung"