Where Am I ???

• February 4, 2011 1:06 AM PST
    Here's a hint - it is a National Monument near the North Rim of the Grand Canyon
  • February 28, 2011 3:44 AM PST
    Chaz wrote...
    I'll give hints as need. First one location is in New England.
    Hint 2: Popular vacation destination. Next hint will be which New England state if needed.

Is this off of lake winnipesaukee?
    • 846 posts
    February 28, 2011 4:10 AM PST
    You're right it the northeast side of the Lake Winnipesakee.
  • March 1, 2011 4:01 AM PST
    Chaz wrote...
    You're right it the northeast side of the Lake Winnipesakee.

Yeah!!!  Kick ass.  Was that cheating though?  I live in NH.
  • March 1, 2011 4:04 AM PST
    Here's an easy one for those who have rode here.  Hint:  No guard rails.

• 5419 posts
    March 2, 2011 1:23 PM PST
    DeuceRider wrote...
    Here's one from a ride last June...
    Sandy (DeuceRider)

Hey Sandy, is it Parashant National Monument???

• 19007 posts
    March 3, 2011 12:31 AM PST
    StreetBobGirl wrote...
    Been there 5 times, three on two wheels, once on 4, and once on foot (when I was younger).
  • March 3, 2011 2:00 AM PST
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    StreetBobGirl wrote...

Been there 5 times, three on two wheels, once on 4, and once on foot (when I was younger).

It's a scary ride!!!!!!!!!!
    • 844 posts
    March 4, 2011 5:16 AM PST
    StreetBobGirl wrote...

I think it's in Mount Washington State Park in NH.  Friend of mine had a similar picture from last summer.
  • March 6, 2011 11:51 PM PST
    You got it GoFur!
    • 5419 posts
    March 12, 2011 11:49 PM PST
    Ok, where am I now...

• 3006 posts
    March 13, 2011 8:52 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Ok, where am I now...

The Rock House in So Cal? I have heard of it from friends who have been down that way,not sure tho if I have the name rite?
    • 1516 posts
    March 13, 2011 9:08 AM PDT
    Bet this one isn't very hard for some of us

• 5419 posts
    March 13, 2011 1:29 PM PDT
    blurplebuzz wrote...
    Lucky wrote...
    Ok, where am I now...

The Rock House in So Cal? I have heard of it from friends who have been down that way,not sure tho if I have the name rite?

You got it... It's actually the Rock Store... and you never know who you'll run into there...
    (Jay couldn't belive he ran into Lucky from CycleFish.  Had to get a picture for his friends!!!!)

• 3006 posts
    March 14, 2011 5:03 AM PDT
    where am I ?

• 3006 posts
    March 15, 2011 7:09 AM PDT
    Hint? sureits in N Calif, near Niles Canyon
  • March 16, 2011 1:30 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    DeuceRider wrote...
    Here's one from a ride last June...
    Sandy (DeuceRider)

Hey Sandy, is it Parashant National Monument???

You're close Lucky. It is off highway 89 - between Page, AZ and Kanab, UT.
    • 86 posts
    March 18, 2011 12:07 PM PDT
    blurplebuzz I know where it is, but can't remember its name. Its the well at the "T" right before you hit 680 through Niles Canyon on the Pleasinton side. I grew up in Fremont, but haven't been there for years.
    • 3006 posts
    March 18, 2011 2:03 PM PDT
    MrLee wrote...
    blurplebuzz I know where it is, but can't remember its name. Its the well at the "T" right before you hit 680 through Niles Canyon on the Pleasinton side. I grew up in Fremont, but haven't been there for years.

Hi MrLee,

Your pretty close,actually its the Sunol Water temple,it is a fascinating piece of Bay Area history.

"The Water Temple was designed in 1910 by famed San Francisco architect Willis Polk, who always considered it his masterpiece. It was built for the Spring Valley Water Company as a beautiful design intended to enhance the dignity of the water company as a public utility service provider. In it, all the waters from the Alameda source of the Spring Valley Water Company -- sources that represent control of six hundred square miles of watershed -- meet and mingle before their long journey to San Francisco. The waters from artesian wells at Pleasanton, from the Calaveras Reservoir and from the natural filter-beds of gravel that underlie Sunol Valley form a magnificent cascade, dropping some forty feet into the conduit that routes them along Niles Canyon and under the bay to San Francisco. At one time, half of San Francisco's water supply flowed through the water temple every day and it was a favored tourist destination. "

I stumbled across it on a ride with a buddy ten years ago.Finally went back with a camera & took some shots.The ceiling inside the temple is painted really nice too.It still channels some of the water today,yet no where near its original flow.Down the road,Niles Canyon was where Charlie Chaplin filmed a lot of movies along with a lot of silent movie era westerns.
    • 0 posts
    March 29, 2011 10:57 AM PDT
    Ok where the bloody hell is this ?
    • 19007 posts
    March 30, 2011 12:23 AM PDT
    That looks like Bear Butte in the background.
    • 9 posts
    April 1, 2011 6:33 AM PDT
    The Black Hills?
    • 5419 posts
    April 1, 2011 6:40 AM PDT
    BOOF wrote...
    Ok where the bloody hell is this ?

I know where you are, but I'll bet you didn't know where you were when the picture was taken!!!

• 1516 posts
    April 1, 2011 8:56 AM PDT
    Boofs world famous pose!!
    • 0 posts
    April 1, 2011 4:59 PM PDT
    I knew I was at bear butte.yall just lucky i didnt go with the bare butt picture