Where Am I ???

• January 2, 2011 4:42 AM PST
    Bulldogjim wrote...
    Yup. West bound. Just down the hill from the rest area at the top
    My bad! Last time we went over there it was 34 degrees and we were freezing our asses off! Must have missed the sigh somehow:
    • 1 posts
    January 3, 2011 2:56 AM PST
    CrazyCanuck wrote...
    No guesses on mine, come-on guys *** Hint*** It is in Canada but not Vancouver

Calgary?

• 1 posts
    January 3, 2011 2:57 AM PST
    highrisk wrote...
    Here's a hint................ Somewhere close to my house

Mt Rainier!

• 1516 posts
    January 3, 2011 2:58 AM PST
    Highrisk, going to the mountains from your house? hehehe
  • January 3, 2011 3:05 AM PST
    OK, on my last, It isa west of NC and in the Mountain time zone. If you are a Broncos fan, you will probably know it....
  • January 3, 2011 3:55 AM PST
    One to match Wolfhound's last photo
  • January 3, 2011 7:32 AM PST
    BailOut wrote...
    CrazyCanuck wrote...
    No guesses on mine, come-on guys *** Hint*** It is in Canada but not Vancouver

Calgary?

Yup Went there this summer to check ou the bobsleding track, it was fun

Billy T.

• 1364 posts
    January 3, 2011 11:13 PM PST
    BailOut wrote...
    highrisk wrote...
    Here's a hint................ Somewhere close to my house

Mt Rainier!

Yip, Taken from my backyard

• January 27, 2011 11:58 AM PST
    Taken in 2007. Any idea where?
    • 58 posts
    January 27, 2011 12:47 PM PST
    Bonneville salt flats
  • January 27, 2011 1:37 PM PST
    Okay, guess that one was too easy LOL
    • 58 posts
    January 27, 2011 5:35 PM PST
    Not really. Just, for once, I was first to the pics.
    • 580 posts
    January 27, 2011 7:11 PM PST
    Those salt flats look cool - what are they like to ride on?
    • 21 posts
    January 27, 2011 8:00 PM PST
    ths one is WWWAAAYYYY to easy............
    • 844 posts
    January 27, 2011 11:20 PM PST
    Crazy Horse.

That was pretty easy, 'cause I never event been there
  • January 28, 2011 12:58 AM PST
    chocmintz wrote...

It was soooo cool! I guess the flats can either be bone dry or wet depending on the water level under the salt.  When I was there is was slushy.  In fact, they had pylons out and told you not to ride to the outside of them or you'd have to go fishing for your bike. LOL  It was awesome to ride on and I got the Deuce up to 50 or so but decided I wasn't wearing the right gear to go faster (OMG- can you imagine getting road rash on salt???? Ouch!)
  • January 28, 2011 2:35 AM PST
     one of my favorite places to ride!
  • January 28, 2011 5:03 PM PST
    PCH?
    • 580 posts
    January 28, 2011 8:20 PM PST
    wheels wrote...
     one of my favorite places to ride!

Won't ya get wet riding out in that water Wheels?    Plus the sea salt won't do your bike any good
    • 580 posts
    January 28, 2011 8:24 PM PST
    DeuceRider wrote...
    chocmintz wrote...

It was soooo cool! I guess the flats can either be bone dry or wet depending on the water level under the salt.  When I was there is was slushy.  In fact, they had pylons out and told you not to ride to the outside of them or you'd have to go fishing for your bike. LOL  It was awesome to ride on and I got the Deuce up to 50 or so but decided I wasn't wearing the right gear to go faster (OMG- can you imagine getting road rash on salt???? Ouch!)

Salt rash - at least it would clean the wound at the same time as causing it lol.    It'd be ace to have a go (apart from having to wash the bike afterwards hee hee)

• January 30, 2011 11:39 AM PST
    chocmintz wrote...
    DeuceRider wrote...
    chocmintz wrote...

Salt rash - at least it would clean the wound at the same time as causing it lol.    It'd be ace to have a go (apart from having to wash the bike afterwards hee hee)

They have a category called "Run Whatcha Brung" where you can pay to take your bike out and open it out.  I passed on that LOL  I will tell you that it took 3 high pressure washes to get all the salt off the bike - and I forgot about my boots and the metal grommets rusted right through!

• January 30, 2011 11:53 AM PST
    DeuceRider wrote...
    PCH?

I see you have made this ride. Im just north of Morro Bay on the hwy. I wish all the beaches in California were this natural and pristine.  

• 846 posts
    January 31, 2011 1:36 AM PST
    I'll give hints as need. First one location is in New England.
    Hint 2: Popular vacation destination. Next hint will be which New England state if needed.
  • January 31, 2011 2:49 PM PST
    wheels wrote...
    DeuceRider wrote...
    PCH?

I see you have made this ride. Im just north of Morro Bay on the hwy. I wish all the beaches in California were this natural and pristine.  

LOL Actually I haven't....but it's on the list!!!
  • February 1, 2011 11:21 AM PST
    Here's one from a ride last June...
    Sandy (DeuceRider)