Where Am I ???

• 19007 posts
    August 4, 2012 8:48 PM PDT
    OK give me a minute and I will find a good photo...
  • August 5, 2012 2:00 AM PDT
    Hey, Can I jump in here right about now and say.....

"You Snooze - You Lose" ?

You did have 5 hours to find a picture...lol...so
    I am going to jump right in here and see if I can do one for ya...lol...

"Where Am I" .....

• August 5, 2012 2:25 AM PDT
    A good clue might be the time of year...lol...

• 19007 posts
    August 5, 2012 11:27 PM PDT
    Well Jetman you go ahead

• 314 posts
    August 6, 2012 12:56 AM PDT
    another hint jet
  • August 6, 2012 6:38 AM PDT

Well, its around Halloween, well, a couple weeks earlier than Halloween actually...
    Temperature and weather were just right for flying.....
    and hey, there is nothing wrong with buzzing the highways right?

Ok, clue..... The Interstate that I was buzzing runs kinda NE to SW and is a
    Diagonal one along most of its route...
    Aint many States like that right?

Went a bit low buzzing the cagers at times...lol...

Shoot...lol...Coulda Landed that sucker on the back of that Semi down there...lol...

BEST CLUE is still the first picture with the building with a duck on it...lol...
    How many buildings in how many States have ducks on them?

• August 6, 2012 7:24 AM PDT
    Portland Oregon
    • 823 posts
    August 6, 2012 9:01 AM PDT
    Actually there are quite a few interstates that run diagonal. Our interstate system is almost 50,000 miles long. Most of us don't fly around building tops so I think we need a clue that makes sense from two wheel point of view. This is a motorcycle site isn't it?? lol
  • August 6, 2012 9:54 AM PDT
    Hahahahahaha, I DO get your point Guero, but there is a very easy way of finding this place that so far people have overlooked, the duck is definately the way to go as it is the point I was saying "Where Am I", and even if you are across the other side of States from wherever this may be there is a way of finding it that I myself checked to see just how easy it was using the right words...

People do do searches in different ways, so lets let it ride a couple of days to see if anyone can get it...
    • 314 posts
    August 6, 2012 11:37 AM PDT
    i give up, i am done
    • 844 posts
    August 6, 2012 12:19 PM PDT
    Probably gonna need a better hint then a picture of a highway with cars and trucks. We have a few of those here in the US.
    • 3006 posts
    August 6, 2012 2:53 PM PDT
    Mt Pleasant New York? Sleepy Hollow?
  • August 6, 2012 5:10 PM PDT
     Clue-Arkansas.
  • August 7, 2012 1:08 AM PDT
    Right ... ok ... I am guessing that no-one has ever realised that I like flying American WW2 Warbirds... I may have just mentioned it - in passing - maybe - somewhere in some relatively obscure message thread somewhere - maybe - and logic being my main mode of function I may have mentioned where I like to do this.....

Now working it out in my innimitabley obscure obviously malfunctioning logical way I was flying past the hotel I was staying at...its by the side of a main interstate that goes from North East (NE) of the State down toward the South West (SW) of the State...This part of the highway is right in the middle of it...

The REASON I am flying so low is because of a rather large International Airport and I have to stay under their Airspace...so my maximum ceiling is 1500 while flying through...

The duck emblem on the building can be seen from about 20 miles in every direction at night, thus suggesting a rather flat area, and its in a State that has so many things going on almost Every Week of Every Year.....

This is a different perspective or point of view instead, but I expected it to be caught out very easily...

Logic to me says that if its a picture by one of you then the first thing I do is look to see where you are based and having actually read your posts and looked at your pictures I know how far you are all prepared to travel, I then further deduce that its likely to have been from this recent year - possibly even from a recent trip...Logically, I go on google and search either by name or by type of location...

eg... "Biker Bar In Tucson, Arizona" ... Then we can choose from...
    "Bashful Bandit"
    "The Hogpit Smokehouse"
    "Irish Pub"
    "Hacienda Del Lago" To name just a few.....

Then I go to Google maps and run by them in street view to see if any of them look like the picture supplied.....but hey, I'm a Limey, and thats just too logical right?

Its probably best I dont play these games...

• August 7, 2012 2:36 AM PDT
    so unless ya live near the duck in the sky you'd have no idea where ya be? Nope No flying Duck Hotel in Jacksonville, FL next guess.............................have a great one! "T"
    • 5419 posts
    August 7, 2012 3:05 AM PDT
    How about the Peabody Hotel in Orlando, Florida???

(now that took some googling!!!)

• August 7, 2012 3:53 AM PDT
    Ya know from North Florida I can see Orlando as clear as day, so gee ya would have thought I knew. Guess I need a V8 huh? Oh maybe that is why no one knows about the glowing duck, if ya don't keep and eye out for traffic ya be majorly ............well you get the idea especially at night bad place for bikers man real bad place. have a great one! "T"
  • August 7, 2012 5:15 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    How about the Peabody Hotel in Orlando, Florida???

(now that took some googling!!!)

There Ya Go Lucky.....see everyone...It can be found...lol...I Google EVERYTHING!!!

So ok, I thought it was a nice alternative to doing it from street level...lol...

.....and hey Lucky.....That IS Roughly where I was at that time...lol...

When I googled it for an answer I typed in "Building with a duck logo on it" and 3rd option was the Peabody, and yeah, its a nice place, bit pricey but hey, the food was excellent...lol...following week I was eating at a sports bar around the corner...lol...could still enjoy a cigar in there!!!

Ok Lucky, You got the floor!!!
  • August 7, 2012 6:00 AM PDT
    Yeah but "T" ... What chance would I have of joining in with ANY of these competitions and games as although I have travelled extensively through the East Coast side and inland as far as Louisianna in the South, and Chicago, IL. and Milwaukee, WI to the North...but elsewhere in USA? Not a lot of chance of me guessing ANYTHING from that point West right?

I dont have any interest in tourist areas really, although sometimes they are essential... I like staying at cheap road motels, and truck stops for food etc...and friends of mine from the East side reckon I have seen more of USA in just over 12 years than they have seen their whole lives...friends in Pennsylvania who have never been to Gettysburg, York, Hershey. and they are all less than 100 miles from their home.....so dont feel bad about not knowing whats in your own backyard.....its just that I wanted to try sticking something in from a TOTALLY different perspective, ...:)

Google works...lol...
    • 834 posts
    August 7, 2012 6:11 AM PDT
    luckychucky wrote...
     Clue-Arkansas.

I've think I've been there years ago and I can't remember where it was for the life of me.  Now I'm gonna have to go back through all my pictures

• 5419 posts
    August 7, 2012 6:13 AM PDT
    I was going to guess the Redwood too until I saw the hint. We got one just like that just north of Piercy.
  • August 7, 2012 6:14 AM PDT
    luckychucky wrote...
     Clue-Arkansas.

I bet its something to do with The One Log House, in Garberville
  • August 7, 2012 6:17 AM PDT
    That's what I thought and I think Lucky too. But One Log House is in Garberville, CA
  • August 7, 2012 6:35 AM PDT
    Its the door behind him that I was looking at...lol...so all I looked for was a "lump of tree with a door in it"

Next Clue please...lol...
  • August 7, 2012 8:21 AM PDT
    Hey "T", I have actually ridden down there, in fact, I rode all the way down International Drive, Universal Blvd and in fact, pretty much everywhere around that area as I wanted to see it all from the road as well as from the air (So much easier from the air though...lol...)...

I do know what you mean about the area, its mainly full of British and German and foreign tourists etc who either cant drive or are just part of the stupids club...lol...but hey, its the same in EVERY tourist area in USA, Britain, Germany, Holland, France, Italy, Belgium, Spain, Portugal etc etc etc.....I just make allowances for the stupids...and AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE...lol...