Eastern U.S. Fall 2010 Gathering (Past Event)

• 352 posts
    August 2, 2010 5:25 AM PDT
    I will send you a hi-res of that sticker draft I did - should work for good you
  • August 2, 2010 6:24 AM PDT
    who all has there room booked so far?
    • 352 posts
    August 2, 2010 8:11 AM PDT
    the current count of rooms booked under the CycleFish name at "A Holiday Motel" is 6, the event list shows 8 so far as attending and a bunch of maybe. They still have 8 rooms available at this location plus 2 larger 2 room suites good for a family (Defcon) or "good friends"

There is another biker group - Vulcan Riders staying at the hotel on our weekend and they now have the flyer as well as it being circulated all around Maggie Valley and Ashville now - so this may end up being a nice group for the run and a chance to make some new friends..hopefully we can really pack it in here and have some fun!
  • August 3, 2010 12:41 PM PDT
    Stephaniebritt ask if she could help with this event..???? Silly Girl..?
    • 352 posts
    August 3, 2010 11:39 PM PDT
    lol - how is she doing?
    have not heard from her in a while
  • August 4, 2010 12:10 AM PDT
    I like the idea of the under patch!! Very good idea!!
    • 352 posts
    August 5, 2010 3:11 AM PDT
    ok so now the event is now on facebook too - I think I did that right - (I'm a facebook noob) lol
    • 1780 posts
    August 5, 2010 7:43 AM PDT
    Damn you guys are making me proud. Damn two thumbs up for this group and the ideas. wish I could be there, so would someone tip a few for me?
    Kudo's
    Dragon
  • August 5, 2010 8:00 AM PDT
    nightdragon wrote...
    Damn you guys are making me proud. Damn two thumbs up for this group and the ideas. wish I could be there, so would someone tip a few for me?
    Kudo's
    Dragon

dragon, send me a pm of your address and i'll send ya a few stickers when i get them cut out

• 352 posts
    August 17, 2010 9:36 AM PDT

just a reminder while you all have time to make plans...Join us in Maggie Valley for the Fall Gathering and Helping the Homeless Run - good times meeting CycleFish people and helping people at the same time.

- Check Events for details on where we are staying, some things we are planning to do and join us!

Hope to see lot's of you there!

• 352 posts
    August 25, 2010 11:18 PM PDT
    ATTENTION:
    There will be T-Shirts (advanced order) - info & prices coming shortly - thanks to Brother Hollywood
    There will be Stickers - Limited Edition! (buy them there) - thanks to Brother Taco
    There will be Patches - "Rockers to go under the CycleFish Patch - Half Round Patch"  - price will be $5 for the rocker - thanks to Brother RexTheRoadDog

Watch for an update on pricing and ordering here in the next few days.
    • 1 posts
    August 27, 2010 7:54 AM PDT
    I am going to try to make it, but won't be sure until right before. I just called the motel and they said there were still enough rooms, so I have some time before I have to make a decision.
    • 19007 posts
    August 30, 2010 6:49 AM PDT
    A limited amount Small (2x3) patches are ordered. Similar to the posted artwork. This is ONLY the patch below the CF patch. When they arrive an announcement will be made. They will be for sale at $5 each with "ALL" money going to the charity for the Homeless. Attendees to the event will get first dibs. After that they will be available to anyone. Contact Thebulldog or me to reserve yours. Reserve yours now!!!

• 352 posts
    August 30, 2010 11:58 PM PDT
    I am also thinking of doing a group meal pot luck kind of thing, like we did in KY
    I was thinking of maybe bringing my smoker for some pulled pork - anyone up for that?
  • August 31, 2010 12:03 AM PDT
    Count me and my lady in!!!!!!!!!!
    • 19007 posts
    September 1, 2010 3:22 AM PDT
    For those who do not already have the half round patch that the event patch was designed for here is a link to order one...

http://www.cyclefish.com/CycleFish/gstores/66/
    • 76 posts
    September 1, 2010 3:50 AM PDT
    So wish we could make this -- would love to hang with you guys AND enjoy the riding down there again. Already had our trips planned this summer I'm sure the weekend will be packed with things to do; however, this http://www.nps.gov/grsm/photosmultimedia/index.htm is about an hour and a half from Maggie Valley (right out of Gatlinburg) and is beautiful -- we happened upon a baby bear cub and got some great pics BUT you will sit in traffic when that happens! Have fun and hopefully we'll make the next one!
    • 76 posts
    September 1, 2010 3:51 AM PDT
    Sorry - try this link: http://www.nps.gov/grsm/
    • 352 posts
    September 9, 2010 2:00 AM PDT
    just a reminder to put this in your plans - only a few weeks to go

- it's gonna be a good chance to meet some fellow CF members and have some fun in a really pretty part of the country...ride the tail of the dragon, visit the Cherokee Indians, take a run to the ghost town or play in downtown Asheville.

- And we get to help a Homeless Shelter with your help and donations!

Hope to see you there!
    • 19007 posts
    September 10, 2010 6:46 PM PDT
    Hey All! The event patches are here. To get yours contact thebulldog. They are $5 each and remember the entire $5 goes to the "Helping the Homeless!!!" You do not have to attend to get one but attending people do get first pick.

I got mine, not on the rag just yet though.

• 352 posts
    September 17, 2010 5:11 AM PDT

countdown to the Fall Gathering - if you have not booked your room...do it now!

great prices, great times meeting some great people!

Hope to see you there!

• 352 posts
    September 17, 2010 9:08 AM PDT
    ohh yea - did I mention free beer?
    • 352 posts
    September 19, 2010 11:32 PM PDT

today I clean up the bike and get it ready for the Maggie Valley Fall Gathering trip. Hope we have a bunch of old & new friends there and we do well in the donations.

I am debating on what I will be cooking for the main meal - will it be Smoked Carolina Style Pork, Chipotle Garlic Chicken, Captain Morgan Ribs, I made my Jamaican Jerk Chicken & Pork last time...decisions, decisions.

There will be enough for some tasting for the folks that will be going - any preference or requests?

• September 23, 2010 10:30 PM PDT
    HERES WHAT THE FALL GATHERING STICKERS LOOK LIKE....
    • 19007 posts
    September 23, 2010 11:36 PM PDT
    Cool Sticker Taco!!!