Just WHO are we supposed to be keeping out!?!

• 467 posts
    May 24, 2010 10:30 AM PDT
    Watch these before they expire, interesting to say the least!

Video

1 http://www.wsbtv.com/video/23438021/index.html

• 1780 posts
    May 24, 2010 11:33 AM PDT
    I know I will catch hell for this but......we should have an open hunting season for all these A-Holes that will not stay home. It this affends you ....sorry tuff shit.
    Dragon
  • May 24, 2010 11:45 AM PDT
    Remember when we used to get $5 a wolf ear? Brings many ideas to mind.
    • 467 posts
    May 24, 2010 12:35 PM PDT
    I kinda think it should fall under the "Castle" law.....
  • May 24, 2010 12:49 PM PDT
    what about laser technology? once you trip it, it becomes lethal.
    • 2072 posts
    May 24, 2010 1:00 PM PDT
    Shoot 'em all and let God sort 'em out !!!!!!
    • 1040 posts
    May 24, 2010 1:45 PM PDT
    A few Marine and Army divisions along with a 30' high barberd wire wall with orders to "Shoot to kill" on the border could/should solve the problem.
  • May 25, 2010 12:18 AM PDT
    Gotta admit, long range plinking is a blast.
    • 19004 posts
    May 25, 2010 12:29 AM PDT
    Illegal immigration is a problem but a WALL is not the answer....

My apologies to the true Native Americans who were pushed out so many years ago but who is an American today. Excepting the Native Americans we all have some foreign blood in our veins...

Tom Russell says it pretty well...

• May 25, 2010 12:42 AM PDT
    I agree. Put up the Razor Wire fence and shoot those that violate it. I entered Mexico in 1983. I drove away from the border towards the interior. I made it about 5 miles before I met the Federalies with M-16s. They very carefully questioned me. They asked to see my entry Visa, my insurance papers, my immunization records and my birth certificate. That was 27 years ago. They protected their border from illegal entry that well back then and believe me, they're still protecting it from the North that well... We need to ENFORCE THE LAW....
  • May 25, 2010 12:44 AM PDT
    HATS OFF TO CHARLIE DANIELS....AT LEAST HE HAS THE COURAGE TO SPEAK HIS MIND!!!

I don't know how everybody else feels about it, but to me I
    think Hispanic people in this country, legally or illegally,
    made a huge public relations mistake with their recent demonstrations.

I don't blame anybody in the world for wanting to come to the
    United States of America , as it is a truly wonderful place.

But when the first thing you do when you set foot on American soil is illegal it is flat out wrong and I don't care how many lala land left heads come out of the woodwork and start trying
    to give me sensitivity lessons.

I don't need sensitivity lessons, in fact I don't have anything against Mexicans! I just have something against criminals and anybody who comes into this country illegally is a criminal
    and if you don't believe it try coming into America from a foreign country without a passport and see how far you get. What disturbs me about the demonstrations is that it's tanta-mount to saying, "I am going to come into your country even if it means breaking your laws and there's nothing you can do about it."

It's an "in your face" action and speaking just for me, I don't like it one little bit and if there were a half dozen pairs of gonads in Washington bigger than English peas it wouldn't be happening.

Where are you, you bunch of lily livered, pantywaist, forked tongued, sorry excuses for defenders of The Constitution? Have you been drinking the water out of the Potomac again?
    And even if you pass a bill on immigration it will probably be so pork laden and watered down that it won't mean anything anyway Besides, what good is another law going to do when you
    won't enforce the ones on the books now?

And what ever happened to the polls, guys? I thought you folks were the quintessential finger wetters. Well you sure ain't paying any attention to the polls this time because somewhere around eighty percent of Americans want some thing done about this mess, and mess it is and getting bigger everyday.
  • May 25, 2010 12:56 AM PDT
    Thanks for posting this video Rex.
    • 1040 posts
    May 25, 2010 1:18 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...

My apologies to the true Native Americans who were pushed out so many years ago but who is an American today. Excepting the Native Americans we all have some foreign blood in our veins...

...What is the answer Mike?  Should we just have open borders an allow all who feels the want to do so, just come in? Is there an answer somewhere in between that will work? I wish I knew because as we stand now, one day some idiot from afar who sneaked across that border will surely decide to leave a nice little pkg in some city somewhere which will cause serious havoc and destruction; it's just a matter of when.

Should we just give the country back to the American Indian what is rightfully theirs by many accounts? There must be an answer somewhere in which we all can live by?
  • May 25, 2010 1:33 AM PDT
    You know, maybe I'm just "Old School White Trash" but, I've waxed and buffed floors in a Mall. I've flipped burgers at McDonalds. I've worked for farmers on their farms. I worked double shifts in a Seafood processing plant.  I've done many of the jobs that it's said the Mexicans do because nobody else will do them.  BULLSHIT! The illegal aliens are no longer just picking lettuce and strawberries! They aren't just doing the menial tasks that our children used to do to learn a "Work Ethic".  We have coddled our children to the point where they won't even cut the grass or take out the trash around the house! McDonalds and Burger King used to be the entry level of our kids into the workforce. NO LONGER! Now they all have cell phones and iPods to complain to their friends about the latest fashions their "RENTS" (parents) won't go out and buy for them! They sit on their asses and make complete fools out of their parents. I worked and bought my first car. They think they're ENTITLED to a new car by the age of 16 and you should buy it. 10 year old kids with cell phones? 11 year old children carrying their own LapTop Computers? Herein lies most of the problems in society today. We have worked to provide better for the next generations and in the process, we have SPOILED them!  They are too LAZY for the most part to take these lower paying jobs and support themselves.  HELL let me get down off my SOAPBOX before someone kicks it out from under me...      SARGE!  Oh, and I can guarantee you Blaine that we have screwed this country up so bad that the "Original Americans" wouldn't want it back!
  • May 25, 2010 1:40 AM PDT
    What If a President said to the world,

You have one year to get your business in order, all American troops are coming home and will be stationed around the entire country, we will not allow any import cargo of any type by sea, land, or air. Visitors and travelers will be allowed one suitcase each. Exporting will be allowed, importing will not be allowed any longer. If you want to sell something here you must grow, mine, cut, melt and build it here.

Agreed the world would panick, this would force the European nations and others to unite against terrorism and other problems but they would survive. We DO have enough Black Projects to defend ourself against any airborn missiles or other threats that can be tossed at us, build new bases and systems to be sure of that. Isreal would have to strengthen it's ally's and get along without us but would our presence leaving that part of the world really be a bad thing in the end?

• 1040 posts
    May 25, 2010 1:43 AM PDT
    bikersarge1 wrote...
    You know, maybe I'm just "Old School White Trash" but, I've waxed and buffed floors in a Mall. I've flipped burgers at McDonalds. I've worked for farmers on their farms. I worked double shifts in a Seafood processing plant.  I've done many of the jobs that it's said the Mexicans do because nobody else will do them.  BULLSHIT! The illegal aliens are no longer just picking lettuce and strawberries! They aren't just doing the menial tasks that our children used to do to learn a "Work Ethic".  We have coddled our children to the point where they won't even cut the grass or take out the trash around the house! McDonalds and Burger King used to be the entry level of our kids into the workforce. NO LONGER! Now they all have cell phones and iPods to complain to their friends about the latest fashions their "RENTS" (parents) won't go out and buy for them! They sit on their asses and make complete fools out of their parents. I worked and bought my first car. They think they're ENTITLED to a new car by the age of 16 and you should buy it. 10 year old kids with cell phones? 11 year old children carrying their own LapTop Computers? Herein lies most of the problems in society today. We have worked to provide better for the next generations and in the process, we have SPOILED them!  They are too LAZY for the most part to take these lower paying jobs and support themselves.  HELL let me get down off my SOAPBOX before someone kicks it out from under me...      SARGE!  Oh, and I can guarantee you Blaine that we have screwed this country up so bad that the "Original Americans" wouldn't want it back!

Hey Ron,  100%...your preaching to a member of the choir Bro. Also, to be clear, I don't propose plinking as one here would; just ensureing those who attempt to break into our house are refused entry unless we allow them in. Oh, and I have doors on my house for a reason.

• May 25, 2010 1:47 AM PDT
    fxrdude wrote...
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...

...What is the answer Mike?  Should we just have open borders an allow all who feels the want to do so, just come in? Is there an answer somewhere in between that will work? I wish I knew because as we stand now, one day some idiot from afar who sneaked across that border will surely decide to leave a nice little pkg in some city somewhere which will cause serious havoc and destruction; it's just a matter of when.

Should we just give the country back to the American Indian what is rightfully theirs by many accounts? There must be an answer somewhere in which we all can live by?

I don't know what the answer is either, but killing innocent children is not the answer. Building a wall that resembles the Berlin Wall is not the answer either. Maybe working with governments to make life more desirable in their own countries, so people would not want to leave in the first place is something that should be pursued. I think most people would want to stay on their own home land if they did not have to live in abject poverty and despair.
    This All American Canal System where all these people are drowning and being buried in the desert is a travesty. How can we as American's sit back and let this happen? Aren't we supposed to be compassionate, caring people? 
    Most of us here in this country had ancestor's that fought, scratched and crawled their way here to make a better life for their families. Most came through legally, not all I'm sure. My ancestor's on my Father's side arrived on these shores in 1636, my Mom's came much later and we have never found records of them entering the country. They fled from Ireland during the famine. Lots of secrets on that side of the family. Did they come in illigally? Good possibility! Don't know, at this point, I don't really care. Their all dead now. I can imagine what they must have gone through to get here and to make a better life for themselves.
    I believe we have to have a better system than we have now, I don't believe killing people is the answer. Do we need to keep the bad guys out? Yeah, you bet! But, most of the people we are trying to keep out are not bad guys, they're just poor people looking for a better life.
  • May 25, 2010 1:56 AM PDT
    Bleeding heart liberals make me wanna puke. Kill them all and let God sort them out.
    • 1040 posts
    May 25, 2010 1:59 AM PDT
    sidetrack wrote...
    fxrdude wrote...
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...

I don't know what the answer is either, but killing innocent children is not the answer. Building a wall that resembles the Berlin Wall is not the answer either. Maybe working with governments to make life more desirable in their own countries, so people would not want to leave in the first place is something that should be pursued. I think most people would want to stay on their own home land if they did not have to live in abject poverty and despair.
    This All American Canal System where all these people are drowning and being buried in the desert is a travesty. How can we as American's sit back and let this happen? Aren't we supposed to be compassionate, caring people? 
    Most of us here in this country had ancestor's that fought, scratched and crawled their way here to make a better life for their families. Most came through legally, not all I'm sure. My ancestor's on my Father's side arrived on these shores in 1636, my Mom's came much later and we have never found records of them entering the country. They fled from Ireland during the famine. Lots of secrets on that side of the family. Did they come in illigally? Good possibility! Don't know, at this point, I don't really care. Their all dead now. I can imagine what they must have gone through to get here and to make a better life for themselves.
    I believe we have to have a better system than we have now, I don't believe killing people is the answer. Do we need to keep the bad guys out? Yeah, you bet! But, most of the people we are trying to keep out are not bad guys, they're just poor people looking for a better life.

Deb, I don't belive killing people for the sake of killing people is the answer either; but I do believe If you come on my property without being authorized to do so and you want to come into my house without my permission then there will be TROUBLE. I actually agree with you that the world should all be a better place to live and we should all learn to live together and sing KumBaYa; but that is not reality, at least not my reality. The border problem is not just a immigration problem of people needing to work and make a good life; for me, it's also a national security issue. I see the world as a struggle now going on between two things...Good and Evil. We as a nation regardless of our past mistakes have to decide if we are going to allow those who wish to destroy us to do so, or are we going to fight to protect what have...Just that simple for me

• 1780 posts
    May 25, 2010 2:11 AM PDT
    bikersarge1 wrote...

I'm rolling with sarge all the way on this !!!!!!!!!

Dragon

• May 25, 2010 2:26 AM PDT
    I agree with you on National Security and someone braking into your House, Blaine. I live alone in the country. I don't have a gun in the house for the first time in my whole life. I was given my first gun for my 16th birthday. My when ex left he took all the guns in the house with him. Not a lock on the doors worked and there are many transient people that pass through here. My nieghbor came the first week he left and put locks on all the doors for me, so I could at least feel a little safer here alone.
    But, the immigration issue with the Mexican's is not so much National Security. These are people who are suffering and should not be punished for suffering. Yes, we have to keep out the bad guys and there are lots of them. How we do that without pursecuting innocent people I don't know. I'm not that smart to be able to figure that out.
    I agree with Bikersarge that we have spoiled our children where they won't work meniel jobs anymore. There is a sense of entitlement I don't understand either. I had my 1st job at 12 yrs old and I've been working ever since. I wipe asses for a living!
    I hate to think of the world in such black and white terms of good verses evil. I know first hand about bad people out ther. I've been hurt and hurt badly by people I didn't know. Thats probably why I stay here in the country. But, I want to believe there is more good than bad. I know I have met more good people in my life than bad.
    I am thankful for those people who are on guard to protect us from the one's that want to destroy our lifestyle and country. Do I sit around the campfire singing KumBaYa? No, but I don't want to sit around my campfire armed to the teeth either.
    • 1040 posts
    May 25, 2010 2:36 AM PDT
    sidetrack wrote...
    I agree with you on National Security and someone braking into your House, Blaine. I live alone in the country. I don't have a gun in the house for the first time in my whole life. I was given my first gun for my 16th birthday. My when ex left he took all the guns in the house with him. Not a lock on the doors worked and there are many transient people that pass through here. My nieghbor came the first week he left and put locks on all the doors for me, so I could at least feel a little safer here alone.
    But, the immigration issue with the Mexican's is not so much National Security. These are people who are suffering and should not be punished for suffering. Yes, we have to keep out the bad guys and there are lots of them. How we do that without pursecuting innocent people I don't know. I'm not that smart to be able to figure that out.
    I agree with Bikersarge that we have spoiled our children where they won't work meniel jobs anymore. There is a sense of entitlement I don't understand either. I had my 1st job at 12 yrs old and I've been working ever since. I wipe asses for a living!
    I hate to think of the world in such black and white terms of good verses evil. I know first hand about bad people out ther. I've been hurt and hurt badly by people I didn't know. Thats probably why I stay here in the country. But, I want to believe there is more good than bad. I know I have met more good people in my life than bad.
    I am thankful for those people who are on guard to protect us from the one's that want to destroy our lifestyle and country. Do I sit around the campfire singing KumBaYa? No, but I don't want to sit around my campfire armed to the teeth either.

Deb, all I can tell ya is I'd rather sit around armed to the teeth than singing Joan Baez songs; hell, how about armed to the teeth and singing Joan Baez songs then we'll all be happy...

As far as good vs evil; it is what we have, seems to me trying to find middle ground with bad guys is like trusting the fox in the hen house; but that's just me.

I hate these topics cause we all have our beliefs and 99.9999999999999999% of the time our views are not gonna change and I get pissed off many time with these discussions so, I'm out of this topic from here on cause my head hurts   ....Be safe sweetie and I ya
  • May 25, 2010 2:37 AM PDT
    Me too, Blaine! Makes my heart hurt and my head.
    • 467 posts
    May 25, 2010 2:41 AM PDT
    Gotta say, after reading the responses in the post, did anyone watch the videos? They are not so much about the Mexicans crossing the southern border.
    My personal opinion is--anyone who wants to come here and be an AMERICAN, should be able to do so after they prove that they will be a productive AMERICAN and a benefit to the communities they join.
    But the Mexicans crossing the border are the only ones we hear about! These videos highlight the fact that that is not the true danger! And why hasn't that fact been in the national media? If they did report and focus on the "others", I think Americans as a whole would have a lot easier time closing the borders.
    THat's all I'm sayin'!
  • May 25, 2010 2:45 AM PDT
    It's okay.... I'll just keep re-loading my Brass and sleeping at night with one eye open! An GOD help the POOR SOB that tries to bash in or kick open my door. Because right or wrong, I am gonna PROTECT ME and MINE!!!   NUFF SAID???