Welcome New Members

• 5419 posts
    December 27, 2011 5:14 AM PST
    Welcome Again!!! I love riding out in AZ. Most of the time I am riding in southern AZ, Bullhead, Kingman, Phoenix, etc. We rode in northern AZ on our way back from Sturgis a couple years back and saw a whole new part of the state. We've made a couple of trips back since then.

Enjoy the site!
  • December 27, 2011 8:24 AM PST
    That's an awesome and treasured ride no matter how often one does it or from wherever distance........ Sturgis being the destination!  Been there, done that ......... since 1995!  Not necessarily planned trips for the bike rally but most of those years was on our way to and from visiting hubby's family in ND ......just 'happen' to go through Sturgis and take in the event each time!  So fellow bikers, what is/was your most cherish and memorable bike trip to date, and/or would love to have!  Is there a timeline to accomplish that wild but needed bike ride of a lifetime?  What other rides are on your bucket list?  This will give me some new places to explore and revel in the natural beauty of this country and meet bikers from all over!
    • 16795 posts
    December 27, 2011 11:44 AM PST
    Hello from the northwest corner of Pennsylvania.
    • 113 posts
    December 29, 2011 12:56 PM PST
    Hello from Southern Kentucky! Newbie to site and though i've been passenger on HD for most of my life, recently had to move up to solo. My best friend and love of my life passed a year ago, and in his memory I've made myself learn to ride solo. So far so good. I currently ride a 05 HD xl 883 Screaming Eagle Package, but moving up to his Ultra come spring. Have big hopes of getting his 66 Electra put back to stock, have everything, just have to find a restorer whom I can trust with it. I'm happy to have found this site and looking forward to making lots of new friends. Will be glad to see spring and I can feel the wind beneath my wings again.
  • December 29, 2011 2:57 PM PST
    Hi there painterlady00! Newbie here too.... meaning the site! So happy that you are riding! Nothing better to soothe your soul!
  • December 30, 2011 10:37 AM PST
    Hello everyone from chilly east Tennessee! Can't wait for spring and riding weather again. Hope to meet some new friends to ride with on here. Looking forward to checking out the rest of the site! Very cool from what i have seen so far !!
    • 1780 posts
    December 31, 2011 5:43 AM PST
    Here's a huge Texas Welcome to all the new CF Family members, and be careful tonight if your out and about, it's like a full moon night even if it's not a full moon. The crazies are out in force.
    The Night Dragon
  • January 1, 2012 9:36 AM PST
    Here's my not-so-interesting introduction, but it's my story and I'm sticking to it. Last summer I bought a 50cc Yamaha scooter. That lasted a week and a half. Got a bike license and traded up to a 125cc. Had a blast. This summer I bought a 250cc Yamaha. That lasted a month and a half. Traded up to a Yamaha V Star 650 Custom. I had the best summer of my adult life. Unfortunately, up here in the frozen tundra, my bikes have been put in storage (although I saw 8 cycles on the road yesterday! in Sheboygan! in December!) That being said, can a sound system be put on a 650? Do you think it would be worth it? Will I ruin the sound of the wind in my ears? Thanks for the interesting site and any comments you might have.
    • 19007 posts
    January 1, 2012 9:55 AM PST
    muldoon wrote...
    Here's my not-so-interesting introduction, but it's my story and I'm sticking to it. Last summer I bought a 50cc Yamaha scooter. That lasted a week and a half. Got a bike license and traded up to a 125cc. Had a blast. This summer I bought a 125cc Yamaha. That lasted a month and a half. Traded up to a Yamaha V Star 650 Custom. I had the best summer of my adult life. Unfortunately, up here in the frozen tundra, my bikes have been put in storage (although I saw 8 cycles on the road yesterday! in Sheboygan! in December!) That being said, can a sound system be put on a 650? Do you think it would be worth it? Will I ruin the sound of the wind in my ears? Thanks for the interesting site and any comments you might have.

Welcome to the best damn biker site on this here web thing...As for your question about stereo check out this previous forum

http://www.cyclefish.com/forum/Biker-Chat/Bikers039-Topics/Anybody-tried-them-bike-stereos-98250-1.html />
    Also we have a business member that manufactures them, extremecycleradio. You might see their ad in the side bar.

• 567 posts
    January 1, 2012 11:25 AM PST
    Hi there Jeff and welcome to CF.
    As far as your question is concerned, I'm sure you'll find plenty of folks here with all kinds of good advice about sound systems on motorcycles. I won't recommend one because one of the things I LOVE about riding my bike is that I get away from all the trappings of society .. including music. The sound of the open road is the music I wanna hear. Oh. And, by the way, I find that if I listen to music when riding .. I tend to go faster than a comfortable speed.
  • January 1, 2012 11:42 AM PST
    Well, that's one of my I-don't-know-if-I'd-like-it debatables for getting a sound system on my bike. It IS nice listening to nothing but wind. And I believe I WOULD go faster with the music on. Another question I have going on in my head is not IF I get a ticket...it's if I get a ticket for speeding OR not coming to a complete-put-your-feet-down stop. I guess I'm safe from finding that out till spring arrives. Sigh.
  • January 2, 2012 5:42 PM PST
    SolarBill wrote...
    Hi there Jeff and welcome to CF.
    As far as your question is concerned, I'm sure you'll find plenty of folks here with all kinds of good advice about sound systems on motorcycles. I won't recommend one because one of the things I LOVE about riding my bike is that I get away from all the trappings of society .. including music. The sound of the open road is the music I wanna hear. Oh. And, by the way, I find that if I listen to music when riding .. I tend to go faster than a comfortable speed.

~ ditto

• 5419 posts
    January 3, 2012 6:11 AM PST
    Hi Jeff,

First of all Welcome to the Site!!!!

You can put a sound system on any bike.  I put one from Extreme Cycle Radio on my bike this summer and love it.  But like you and others said... there are times you do want to just hear the wind.  I mostly use mine for the boring 'round town riding and sometimes when I'm out in the middle of nowhere by myself.  Remember just because you have sound on your bike doesn't mean it always has to be on!

Go here to see my review of the Extreme Cycle Radio
    • 16795 posts
    January 3, 2012 6:51 AM PST
    Welcome from Pennsylvania's northern coast.
    • 1 posts
    January 18, 2012 10:38 PM PST
    Hi every one... Just jioned here. I travel all over the country and enjoy meeting and riding with people... I am easy going happily in love with my better half and NOT looking for hook ups just fun loving people who like to ride and have fun. So if you see a little girl on a big blue bike wave it might be me.
    • 9 posts
    January 18, 2012 11:26 PM PST
    Bitchy wrote...
    Hi every one... Just jioned here. I travel all over the country and enjoy meeting and riding with people... I am easy going happily in love with my better half and NOT looking for hook ups just fun loving people who like to ride and have fun. So if you see a little girl on a big blue bike wave it might be me.

Hey Bitchy?  Now there's a handle I haven't seen before...WELCOME to Cyclefish!  And don't fret none, this site does not cater to those lookin' for hookin'-up.  We ALL take riding seriously, and look for, and talk to like-minded folks.  And we ALL, definitely like to have fun.  So, wade on into the forum pool, pick something that interests ya, and throw your two-cents in.  That's a good way to introduce yourself, and find all kinds of new friends.  I'll send you a friend request, cause you and I have some stuff in common.  Blue was my first Harley's name, and color.  Let's start this ride...
    Ride Free 
    Tweek

• January 18, 2012 11:41 PM PST
    Welcome Bitchy, you'll enjoy this place!
    • 658 posts
    January 19, 2012 12:27 AM PST
    Welcome to the site. We're always lookin for more good folks.

Medic 
    • 16795 posts
    January 19, 2012 3:28 AM PST
    Hello from the extreme northwest of Pennsylvania.
    • 1 posts
    January 19, 2012 5:17 AM PST
    Thanks all... I am still trying to navigate this site so bear with me, I have only mastered shopping on line,lol Tweek two out three of my bikes are blue... And as far as Bitchy goes I am one of a kind and not many ever see that side of me so it all good...
  • January 20, 2012 3:59 AM PST
    Hi & bohowdy to ya cycle fishies.
    • 658 posts
    January 20, 2012 4:21 AM PST
    Welcome to the ride littlewing!

Medic
  • January 20, 2012 5:40 AM PST
    Some Other Bear is in the house !
    Eastern PA Representing
  • January 20, 2012 5:43 AM PST
    Welcome, SOB!, LittleWing & Bitchy - recognize you from BONBLOGS
  • January 20, 2012 5:59 AM PST
    thank you DawnT , you aren't related to my buddy ShawnT are you?