Welcome New Members

• 5417 posts
    May 25, 2009 5:16 AM PDT
    Welcome Mike, No it's not a Harley, but it does have two wheels and as long as you get out and enjoy riding you are more than welcome here... We are about the riders, not the rides.
    • 834 posts
    May 26, 2009 3:45 AM PDT
    Hi Mike, Atlanta is a little far for me to go for a ride...but I just wanted to welcome you and say hi!
  • August 8, 2009 3:36 AM PDT
    I'm from Tulsa OK area contact me and maybe we could go riding.
  • August 9, 2009 5:08 PM PDT
    Well guys, I am back... As I promised that I would keep in touch... Here I am. I finally picked up my bike in San Diego on the 17th of July... After 30 years of not riding (as I previously might have mentioned), it took some courage to put my leg over that new electra glide classic and in a few minutes I went on down the road. I did 2 days of solo riding in San Diego with my sis and bro in law (thanks Lucky for volunteering to ride with me.. I would still like to get together when we get back to San Diego. I will text you and if you are free we can meet up, ok?) After those two days of solo riding, I got my wife on the back on the third day and on the 21st of July we started what will probably end up being 10,000 miles of riding in five weeks. We started in San Diego, went up to Fresno; Frisco; Crater Lake, Oregon; then headed east to Idaho, Jackson Hole and Yellowstone Park in Wyoming, then on to South Dakota to Sturgis (what a madhouse and so many bikes), the badlands, checked out all the national monuments, and roads (needles being our favorite)...; then east to Minnesota; down to Milwaukee to the Harley-Davidson Museum. We then headed north and tried to make it to Canada up around the west side of Lake Superior but we ended up getting bogged down due to weather in a little place called Newberry Michigan... So, we ended up heading on down to Port Huron and into Canada... I am presently writing this entry from a super 8 motel in Grimsby, Can. some 30 minutes out of Niagara Falls (Canada side) where we are now weathering out one hell of a thunder storm, that hit this area today. We are hoping to be able to check out Niagara Falls in the morning and then we are to head up on the north side of Lake Ontario to Kingston and crossing back into the US. We will turn south to DC and start our turn west back to San Diego. We have been working on a web site to allow our families and friends to share the experience and I hope to stop the party long enough in the next couple of days to actually upload what we have so far. I guess I should thank some of the cyclefish members for helping me out with advise on the camping and packing side of things... Your help was much appreciated. Thank you. I will stay in touch and share a bit more of our Harley adventure later. Have tons of pics to post in the gallery and will do that in the next couple of days...
    Ride Safe... and thanks again for the help guys....
    Dave
    • 910 posts
    August 10, 2009 4:43 AM PDT
    Hey kbaydave I'm looking forward to seeing those pics and checking out that website when it's up and running. Keep us posted.
    ~buffy
    • 18 posts
    August 10, 2009 6:09 AM PDT
    Wow Dave, that is one heck of a ride you are on. One day I hope to be able to go on a ride where I need to get new tires before I come home!!!
  • g
    August 15, 2009 7:07 AM PDT
    fantasyQB,like ur avaitar ,llf looks like me on my kawasaki ZX6R ,im 6ft 3in tall,HI ALL FROM SCOTLAND .
  • August 29, 2009 6:44 AM PDT
    hello from NEW YORK-love the site glad to be here.currently i am not ridriding (boo)but my last bike was a 79 honda .i like the older stuff what can i say.well just wanted to say hello.
    • 5417 posts
    August 29, 2009 8:35 AM PDT
    Hello Linda, nothing wrong with liking those older bikes. I really want an older bike to fix up and hop around town on. I do feel a bit more secure on a newer bike for long hauls though.

I see you have been to the Harley Rendezvous. HDBeech and I were there in 2007...what a great time!!!
    • 19007 posts
    August 30, 2009 1:45 AM PDT
    Hello and Welcome Linda, New York huh? Ya have some great riding up there, especially the Adirondacks. Old bikes are cool but I agree with Lucky about needing newer for dependability. I owned a 73 Bonneville and spent more time fixing that riding it.
  • September 4, 2009 2:14 AM PDT
    Hi all from Minnesota. Like the site. Should give me something to do when the snow starts to fly.
  • September 8, 2009 1:32 AM PDT
    I am new from Georgetown KY and I like the website.
    • 1364 posts
    September 8, 2009 4:05 AM PDT
    Welcome from the West coast to midwest riders
  • September 8, 2009 4:27 AM PDT
    I'm new from MT. Glad to be part of the Cyclefish group!
  • September 8, 2009 5:27 AM PDT
    Hi Malissa, it's nice to have you here. Hope you enjoy!
  • September 8, 2009 5:47 AM PDT
    Hello there from New Hampshire - New CycleFish member here. As you can see, riding a Road King up here in the Live Free or Die state. Love to ride the coastal area of New England and the White Mountain range. Regular Laconia rally visitor and many other of the New England annual events. Pleasure to meet you all!
    • 5417 posts
    September 8, 2009 5:50 AM PDT
    Colety, glad to have you here on CycleFish. Laura (HDBeech) and I really want to come up and ride the New England area one day, it just looks awesome from what I have seen in pictures, and heard from others. Probably going to have to wait a few more years until our youngest son gets a little older.

BTW - Great choice on your bike!
  • September 9, 2009 10:08 PM PDT
    I'm new and really like the cyclefish.
  • September 9, 2009 10:58 PM PDT
    Hello all from Kentucky! Home of fast women and pretty horses!
  • September 9, 2009 11:41 PM PDT
    Hello from Louisville Kentucky enjoying the site when I am not riding
  • September 11, 2009 10:10 AM PDT
    Hello from Joplin, Mo. my name is Larry Jones, I ride a 05' Ultra. I ride 2 up with my wife of 37 years Goldie, when our children started to move back home we went out and bought a bigger bike so we could excape, now we ride all over the states just got back from a week-end trip to Niagara Falls. we are now planning our next long ride. OH! did I tell you I sometime ramble. please excuse the spelling its my weekness.
    LA
  • September 11, 2009 10:54 AM PDT
    Welcome Larry & Goldie. Sounds like you have a pretty good life. I hope one day I can say I have been married 37 years!!!

Enjoy the site. There are some great people here.
  • September 11, 2009 12:02 PM PDT
    Hello from Nebraska, home of the huskers. Love the site. If anyone gets near Lincoln, drop a line and maybe we could hookup for a ride.
  • September 12, 2009 2:26 AM PDT
    Hello everyone.

Just joined from Colorado. Kind of cool and rainy today but we still have a couple months to ride - hopefully. We have two bike rallys going on here today. Freedom Harley and High Country Harley. Always lots of fun!

I started riding last year. I still ride on the back of my husbands now and then. I like what I see on this site!
    • 844 posts
    September 12, 2009 4:47 AM PDT
    Welcome SpiritRider. Glad to have you here. Must be nice to have the option to ride your own, or when you don't feel like riding, just hop on the back! There are many of times I would love to be riding on the back enjoying the scenery.

It's pretty crappy weather here too. Just rode from Houston to Dallas this morning. Left at 5 am in the dark with a light rain, and pretty much had everything from cloudy, to light rain, to thunder storms all the way across. But my little girl started school this past weekend and I wanted to get home to here all about it.