Welcome New Members

• May 5, 2010 1:33 PM PDT
    Just joined the forum. I'm currently living in Wisconsin. I'll be heading back to Texas after 21 years in the frozen North country. I can't wait to be able to ride COMFORTABLY for more than a couple of months.
    I'm probably shipping my bike to Texas. Any comments on who to contact? Any experience shipping and storing a bike long distance?
    I would appreciate the information.
    • 2 posts
    May 6, 2010 6:38 AM PDT
    Welcome to all the new members!!!
    • 2 posts
    May 6, 2010 6:41 AM PDT
    dougvtx wrote...
    Just joined the forum. I'm currently living in Wisconsin. I'll be heading back to Texas after 21 years in the frozen North country. I can't wait to be able to ride COMFORTABLY for more than a couple of months.
    I'm probably shipping my bike to Texas. Any comments on who to contact? Any experience shipping and storing a bike long distance?

Doug,

We moved to WA, then back to AZ just recently.  We had the moving company that moved our furniture arrange it for us (Mayflower).  They contracted a vehicle transport company and got a better price then we could have gotten.  If you are using a mover, maybe check with then, see if they have a relationship with someone.

• May 6, 2010 12:32 PM PDT
    Donna80 wrote...
    dougvtx wrote...

Doug,

We moved to WA, then back to AZ just recently.  We had the moving company that moved our furniture arrange it for us (Mayflower).  They contracted a vehicle transport company and got a better price then we could have gotten.  If you are using a mover, maybe check with then, see if they have a relationship with someone.

Thanks for the information. I'll check into that. I'm contacting a moving company tomorrow. I'm thinking of setting up my stuff in a POD. We have a one bedroom apartment and I plan on throwing lots of useless stuff away and giving away to charity and friends. I have a contact for a shipper. Thanks for your support and input. I'm certainly like this forum. It's active.
  • May 16, 2010 8:03 AM PDT
    Hi y'all!!! I am from the Pineywoods of East Tx. Site looks good!
    • 910 posts
    May 16, 2010 8:29 AM PDT
    Hey TxSunshine! Welcome to CF from MA!!
  • May 16, 2010 3:23 PM PDT
    Thank you, glad to be here.
  • May 16, 2010 3:54 PM PDT
    Welcome from wonderful S.E. Texas. I live in a small town that you just might know the whereabouts of. lol
  • May 17, 2010 1:28 PM PDT
    Newbee from Florida, the west central coast. Looking forward to making some new friends on here and learning new things about biking.
  • May 23, 2010 7:35 AM PDT
    Hi everyone!! I'm here 'cause my husband loves this site and seems to have made some good friends. Hope to get to make new friends too!!
    • 1066 posts
    May 23, 2010 4:19 PM PDT
    Welcome to the C.F. family, to all the new people, and my wife too. Lol
    • 1066 posts
    May 23, 2010 4:25 PM PDT
    Dougvtx, check with the local HOG chapter in your area. I heard they are hooked up with a company that specializes in motorcycles. Just get hold of any Harley dealer, they will hook you up with HOG.
  • May 24, 2010 12:57 AM PDT
    Howdy from the by god hills of KY :O)
  • May 25, 2010 4:33 AM PDT
    Hello all fellow riders. Looking forward to seeing the CF crowd at the Redwood Run.
    Ride on
    • 5417 posts
    May 25, 2010 5:59 AM PDT
    Welcome all!!!

John, Look forward to meeting you at the Redwood Run in a couple of weeks!
  • May 25, 2010 4:13 PM PDT
    well a Newbe here, figured come on and say Heeelllllllllllllllll Oooo !!
    yea, this guy comes up to me and says you out'a come and check us out, tells me his name "Lucky"
    i figure with a cool name like that gotta be a great place to stop in and say hello !!!
    hey ya Lucky !!! thanks for the Invite !! nice to be here ,yea maybe we'll make that redwood run too hehehehe
    maybe some other ones along the way !!

well as well got one question for anyone here? can i post pics?? ya know from the stuff i do??
    just stuff like to share??
    thanks....
    BLADE......
  • May 27, 2010 1:56 AM PDT
    looking foreward to a great site keep up the good work.. ill see some of you somewhere and sometime at someplace
  • June 6, 2010 2:13 AM PDT
    Hello from Michigan!

• June 6, 2010 2:21 AM PDT
    Welcome ridemyown, and all the others here! Enjoy one of the best sites around!
  • June 7, 2010 11:15 AM PDT
    New here and saying hello from Kansas
  • June 7, 2010 1:48 PM PDT
    Hey from Indiana........
  • June 7, 2010 6:31 PM PDT
    Welcome ByrdsBuell, hope to see ya out there in the twisties.

Ben

• June 8, 2010 7:25 AM PDT
    Thanks Ben where you from?

Greg
  • June 9, 2010 4:23 PM PDT
    I'm in Michigan now, Allegan to be exact, but I'm originally from Iowa and Illinois.

Ben
  • June 11, 2010 12:01 AM PDT
    Hello from upstate New York! I love your site Lucky. Registered a week or so ago & navigating thru all you have to offer...Hoping to make some new friends and introduce a few riders to a Poker Run I host here every year that brings awareness to the missing.

Safe riding to you, Riding4Audrey