Why I carry a Gun.

• 1364 posts
    September 5, 2009 7:22 AM PDT

• I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

• I don't carry a gun to scare people.  I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

• I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

• I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

• I don't carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

• I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

• I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

• I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

• I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

• I don't carry a gun because I love it.. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

• "Police Protection" is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police do not protect you from crime; they investigate the crime after it happens, and then clean up the mess.

•  
    • Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a beating.
    •  

• September 5, 2009 10:04 AM PDT
    And I to am a firm believer in that statement
    • 1 posts
    September 5, 2009 10:21 AM PDT
    Thanks Highrisk
    • 2 posts
    September 5, 2009 2:11 PM PDT
    I carry a gun every time I ride. I was a LEO for 10 years and am now Clerk of Court. I know the risks out there and do not plan to take any chances. I am the ONLY one responsible for my safety. I didn't live this long by being stupid.
    • 834 posts
    September 5, 2009 4:41 PM PDT
    Very nice post highrisk. One of the reasons I stay in Arizona is to be able to carry a gun legally!
  • September 5, 2009 7:56 PM PDT
    Great post!!!

And living in Detroit.......Well thats just the bonus of it all!!!
    • 19007 posts
    September 7, 2009 2:41 AM PDT
    Hey High Risk. WELL PUT!
    • 1364 posts
    September 7, 2009 2:47 AM PDT
    Thank you, Happy to share...................
  • September 7, 2009 2:40 PM PDT
    We are big believers in carrying guns and we have our concealed weapons license here in KY and we always carry a gun with us everywhere we go. Great Post!
  • September 7, 2009 4:11 PM PDT
    I agree 100%. When seconds count, the police are minutes away. ...or how about, "I carry a gun because police officers are too heavy." Seriously, I respect LEO's but I agree that we're all responsible for our own safety. Give up your guns and you give free reign to all the crack heads and thug wannabees.
    • 1364 posts
    September 8, 2009 3:11 AM PDT
    We should all remember to fire are weapons on a regular basis... We need to know our weapons as well as are other half..... Just having a gun doesn't mean your protected. You need to know how and WHEN to use it.... I am a firm believer, If i'm pulling my 9mm I am firing and it's because My life, My wife, child, family member or friends life is danger
  • September 8, 2009 3:23 AM PDT
    Very well said HR.
  • September 9, 2009 12:54 AM PDT
    Here in NH we could not agree with this more. After all we are the "Live Free Or Die" state.

(.44 in the bag, 9mm in the belt)
  • September 14, 2009 2:37 PM PDT
    Well put. I own a gun store and support the 2 amendment all the way.
    • 19 posts
    September 16, 2009 10:30 AM PDT
    mainly cause you can, but in n.j. you are not aloud to protect yourself,you must first dial911 if your still breathing,if i could i would,god bless the I.R.A.
    • 19007 posts
    September 16, 2009 2:27 PM PDT
    To add more, I have a carry concealed permit in PA and hope to God , or whomever is up there, I never have to use it. But I would for my loved ones, friends and self.
  • December 5, 2009 7:04 AM PST
    every post in this subject was well put.

In Las Vegas there are many "scary" things happening here daily.
    It is sad when the good people have to always be proactive and be a step ahead of the bad persons plans or intentions. But that is Life and I too want to keep mine to suport my loved ones, family and friends, and to also coninue living " MY LIFE"

Ride For Life ( not death )
  • December 5, 2009 8:22 AM PST
    In the police state of N.J. criminals have rights and law abiding, legal firearms owners get prosecuted for defending themselves. I will be moving to a right to carry state soon.
  • December 5, 2009 8:59 AM PST
    AMEN BROTHER>> I carry a concealed weapon with a permit in NY>>I don't ride without it..Car or bike..Seen to much myself and having it on me has saved me a few times..started carring when I was 19.. Army trained so I don't miss..
    THANK YOU TO THE PRESENT MILATARY AND TOO ALL THE VETS>>Freedom has a taste the free will never know..Great Post.. Thank you !!
  • December 5, 2009 9:00 AM PST
    i always carry, itsare right
  • Big
    December 5, 2009 4:38 PM PST
    I carry because I can
  • December 6, 2009 12:28 AM PST
    I believe that you should be able to defend yourself, concealed license is good but if we can live and die for our country be trained to do so by our country why sould It be so hard for me to protect myself ,Family, home, or while traveling state to state. when the drug dealers and thugs dont care one way or the other Open carry should be legal any were.
  • December 8, 2009 8:21 AM PST
    Even though open carry is legal here in PA, most of the cops don't seem to know it.
    I keep mine covered (kind of) because I don't feel like being hassled.
    Every once in a while I see someone OCing... but not very often.
  • g
    December 8, 2009 8:29 AM PST
    just glad i dont need one over hear .
    • 2 posts
    December 8, 2009 8:34 AM PST
    Living in Northern MN I only have to protect myself from deer but I do have a concealed permit to carry issued in MN and another from FL so I do carry when traveling. The police can only respond after the fact.