introduction from author amy white

• September 4, 2009 8:39 AM PDT

I am Amy Irene White. i grew up in the Arkansas delta and now live in Sheridan. I am 35 yrs old, and have been a freelance journalist contributing to In the Wind, Easyriders, Biker, and V-Twin for about ten years. I am 90 percent deaf, from degeneartive nerve deterioration in my ears. i read lips. I take chemotherapy pills for life-threatening lupus and 8 other autoimmune disorders. (a portion of each book i sell will go to the Lupus Foundation) I am a contributing author to Biker Chicks by best selling authors Arthur Veno and Edward Winterhalder. I am also the author of Wicked Bitch, which is my memoir, and tells not only what it's like growing up and living in Arkansas but also what it's like to be a biker dealing with these illnesses. It also covers my career as a journalist and is a very truthful look into the biker lifestyle.

I am the only person ever photographed with elvis presley’s motorcycles in the graceland museum, which was done by Tattoo editor and Paisano’s chief photographer Billy Tinney last fall, and ran with a set of stories in all of paisano’s publications in accordance with their memphis bike show as well as the elvis presley’s diabetes ride for life, for the american diabetes association.

I recently rode the entire trip to Sturgis on my 16 year old Harley that i built myself, in spite of the chemo.

My book is endorsed by Dave Nichols, editor of Easyriders, Kim Peterson, editor of In the Wind, and Author Bill Hayes, as well as many other big names in the biker industry.

i hope to add many new friends here, feel free to send me requests, and add me on your facebook and myspace as well.... good to meet you all...

amy white, the wicked bitch

• 1516 posts
    September 4, 2009 1:29 PM PDT
    Hey there Amy.

You know any women that calls herself Wicked Bitch has my vote. It sounds to me like you took what was dealt out to you and made more than the best of it. Hats off to you!!
    • 212 posts
    September 4, 2009 1:38 PM PDT
    Welcome Amy, I have RA, immune disorders suck! Ride safe.
  • September 4, 2009 1:53 PM PDT
    Nice to meet you Amy,and good luck with life. Respects-Dave
  • August 25, 2011 8:25 PM PDT
    Hello again friend, i keep bumping in to you everywhere i go these days, ain't that cool?, see ya again soon.
    • 395 posts
    August 26, 2011 1:18 AM PDT
    Hi Amy.......respect to you love...for your strength and courage...your beauty is only out shined by your determination to live a full life regardless of the obstacles put before you.
    • 2072 posts
    August 26, 2011 1:57 AM PDT
    Amy..... Welcome to the BEST biker social site on the web !!!! Arkansas, COOL..... I used to live in East End and my kids went to school in Sheridan !!! Small world !!!
    • 3006 posts
    August 26, 2011 5:35 AM PDT
    Howdy Amy
    a big welcome from N Calif San Francisco Bay area !!! glad to see you have joined the best place on the web for bikers & other assorted folksI guess we can make room for a wicked bitch..lol..!!!
    stay safe n enjoy the ride !
    • 567 posts
    August 26, 2011 6:53 AM PDT
    Greetings Amy from the Sunshine State and welcome to CF. Good luck in life and ride safe.
    • 611 posts
    August 26, 2011 6:57 AM PDT
    All I can say is "You are one Tough Wicked Bitch." Glad to 'meet' you. Hope to see more of your writing. I have been a subscriber to several Paisano publications for years. What pen name do you use there?
    Thanx for all your contributions,
    Edge