my riding days are over...

• 910 posts
    May 11, 2010 12:31 PM PDT
    Amazing job Kris! So tell us... how did it feel?
  • May 11, 2010 12:49 PM PDT
    Kris....awesome...take it slow ..
  • May 13, 2010 8:04 AM PDT
    It has been said that there are two kinds of motor riders, Those that have been down and those that are going down. You've been down...that's is out of the way and you have gotten back on. Congratulations. Ride often and ride safe.
    • 212 posts
    May 13, 2010 3:01 PM PDT
    Hey Kris how's the riding going, have you gone beyond the grass?
  • May 13, 2010 3:32 PM PDT
       YIPPEE!   I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU. 

GOOD JOB.....
    • 1364 posts
    May 14, 2010 5:57 AM PDT
    Good job, little at a time
  • May 14, 2010 6:31 PM PDT
    So the bike is still sitting where I parked it on the lawn. I have not ridden since the ride on the lawn...had a slight set back, my right leg is going numb to the point that I am turning my ankle and falling when I step down and there is no feeling...

I have decided that I am going to hold onto the bike for now. everytime someone comes and looks at it, I hide so that they cannot ask about it...that tells me that I am not ready to get rid of it.

I go to the doctors on Wednesday about the leg nubmness and started physical therapy for the whiplash/concussion/vertigo. I am finding out that I am not a patient as I thought I was.

Will keep you all posted, and THANK YOU ALL for all the support you have given me.
  • May 15, 2010 2:41 PM PDT
    Hang in there! I just had an accident that created nerve damage in my face and it is no fun. I am feeling less that patient also but am trying to stay positive. I will send healing thoughts your way:-)
  • May 15, 2010 2:44 PM PDT
    kris, take your time. Take care of you, don't worry about the rest, it will take care of itself. and you are right, if you are ducking the prospective buyers, you aren't done yet.badinfluence
  • MJ
    • 35 posts
    May 15, 2010 3:09 PM PDT
    So happy to hear that your okay !! My prayers are with you. I was hit by a drunk driver and hospitalize for almost a year and it took 10 yrs to get my courage back to get back on a bike. Than another 5 to be able to ride my own again. So it can happen if you face your fear.
  • May 15, 2010 4:41 PM PDT
    Kris my dear friend...I missed all this however I am sooooo gald to hear your doing good n even back in the saddle
    It takes a little time to shrug it off but sounds like your mending bout ready to resaddle up ?
    I'm proud you have taken this so well. I've been in two extreamly bad crashes because of
    issues I had no control over and I know how it feels to hit the ground...U ROCK !!!!!
    RandyJoe...Ride Strong....
    • 568 posts
    May 16, 2010 2:21 AM PDT
    patience is the big word here. i am often in denial of having ta spend the summer without riding, one day at a time i tricks myself... but what keeps ME going is that one day, sooner than later, I WILL RIDE!!! and so will ya, sister, cuz yer heart is obviously into it.
    my physiotherapist tells me hold on ta the 3 Ps: practice, perseverance and PATIENCE; i think he must have a point there...
    best of luck wid yer recovery, love yerself, and soon all this will only be a memory.
    *i says this ta myself, as much as you.

ez
  • May 16, 2010 1:43 PM PDT
    Motomalissa wrote...
    Hang in there! I just had an accident that created nerve damage in my face and it is no fun. I am feeling less that patient also but am trying to stay positive. I will send healing thoughts your way:-)

Malissa, I am so sorry to hear that!  I am sending kind healing thoughts your way as well!

• May 16, 2010 1:45 PM PDT
    RandyJoe wrote...
    Kris my dear friend...I missed all this however I am sooooo gald to hear your doing good n even back in the saddle
    It takes a little time to shrug it off but sounds like your mending bout ready to resaddle up ?
    I'm proud you have taken this so well. I've been in two extreamly bad crashes because of
    issues I had no control over and I know how it feels to hit the ground...U ROCK !!!!!
    RandyJoe...Ride Strong....

you are the best!!  My first CF friend!!  Thanks for thinking of me!

• May 16, 2010 1:47 PM PDT
    MJ wrote...
    So happy to hear that your okay !! My prayers are with you. I was hit by a drunk driver and hospitalize for almost a year and it took 10 yrs to get my courage back to get back on a bike. Than another 5 to be able to ride my own again. So it can happen if you face your fear.

Wow Michelle,
    it is when I hear things like this that I am forever grateful that my injuries were minor in comparison.  I am so glad that you are ok and back riding!!
  • May 16, 2010 1:48 PM PDT
    kris, take your time. Take care of you, don't worry about the rest, it will take care of itself. and you are right, if you are ducking the prospective buyers, you aren't done yet.badinfluence

you my friend, have been here since the getgo of the whole ordeal.  Thanks for being such a great support.  And I am so more than ducking, lol
    • 1066 posts
    May 17, 2010 3:45 AM PDT
    Kris you hang in there girl, get you healed up . It was a long, long time before i got back in the saddle. I ride every day that i can. I'm missing my rt. leg above the knee, and my friends tell me i'm not too smart, but they smile when they say it.
    • 31 posts
    September 6, 2022 12:01 AM PDT

Glad your ok from the accident. As old as this post is I'm sure you have made the decision to ride or not. 

I hate to hear "It's not if it's when you go down and this one Blvd Cruser two kinds of riders those that go down and those that will. Sad but true I guess.