This post is ONLY for people that enjoy guns or shooting them

• 1780 posts
    April 20, 2010 12:27 PM PDT
    This post is NOT about gun rights or 2 Amenment. It's only an opinion post from people that enjoy shooting guns. Nothing Political here....sorry.
    Just bought my third S & W Model 29 44 mag.....if you will the Dirty Harry gun. It shoots true and straight.....any coments about this weapon. yes it's hard to conceal, yes it's impractable, but it is a serious weapon. I'm sorry I don't play golf, don't fish,, and don't do drugs.....but I like to shoot!

Dragon
    Gun Folks let's talk

This is a hell of a pipe looking at ya

• April 20, 2010 12:33 PM PDT
    even if you don't pull the trigger, the end of that thing looks like irrigation pipe pointed at you. will definately have an impression on whoever is STUPID enough to want to be on the receiving end of your little loud mouth friend! nice mini boom stick!badinfluence!
  • April 20, 2010 12:34 PM PDT
    also works well at making a opening in a wall were they falled to install a door .........very very nice ..fired 6 rounds from one of them many moons ago...was a friends gun.... i think my arm still hurtss
  • April 20, 2010 12:35 PM PDT

yeah, you chased me last week

badinfluence

• 2 posts
    April 20, 2010 12:36 PM PDT
    Makes me feel inadequate:
    Like guns for a lot of reasons - A prime reason is that I like precision. Like to see one small hole. Control your equipment, control your projectiles & especially control yourself. Total body awareness right down to your heartbeats.
    Latest acquisition is Beeman R-9 air-rifle. Air-rifles amplify your mistakes by an order of magnitude
    Couldn't get my picture to download - This is just like except mine has a trigger shoe not a gold trigger
    • 1780 posts
    April 20, 2010 1:02 PM PDT
    99Savage wrote...
    Makes me feel inadequate:
    Like guns for a lot of reasons - A prime reason is that I like precision. Like to see one small hole. Control your equipment, control your projectiles & especially control yourself. Total body awareness right down to your heartbeats.
    Latest acquisition is Beeman R-9 air-rifle. Air-rifles amplify your mistakes by an order of magnitude
    Couldn't get my picture to download - This is just like except mine has a trigger shoe not a gold trigger

very nice ...is that called the wisperer or something like that?
    Dragon
    • 1364 posts
    April 20, 2010 1:07 PM PDT
    here's my Ruger 44 mag Super blackhawk I have had forever
    • 1780 posts
    April 20, 2010 1:25 PM PDT
    highrisk wrote...
    here's my Ruger 44 mag Super blackhawk I have had forever

Holly crap that is a hand cannon.....wow
    Dragon
    • 352 posts
    April 20, 2010 1:26 PM PDT
    I keep hitting garage and estate sales wherever I go hoping to come accross a nice find like these. All my guns are fairly recent productions and semi-autos. I would love to start collecting older "six shooters."
    • 5419 posts
    April 20, 2010 1:27 PM PDT
    Used to have the 626 & 629. Both were great guns...
  • April 20, 2010 1:30 PM PDT
    Love the wheel guns. I'm a 45 Long Colt guy. Ruger Vaquero with a 1866 Winchester Yellow Boy in same caliber.
  • April 20, 2010 1:37 PM PDT
    i have always liked the 1911 .45, just feels good in the hand. don't have one at this time but when i can, i'm getting another one
  • April 21, 2010 12:30 AM PDT
    Any N-Frame Smith is an awesome weapon, my favorite decades ago was the 27. When I had my gun shop in the late 70's it was typical for me to pay twice the suggested wholesale price to get a 29 WHEN I could find one.
    • 1780 posts
    April 21, 2010 12:49 AM PDT
    Flatlander wrote...
    Any N-Frame Smith is an awesome weapon, my favorite decades ago was the 27. When I had my gun shop in the late 70's it was typical for me to pay twice the suggested wholesale price to get a 29 WHEN I could find one.

I believe I read after the Dirty Harry Movies it was close to impossible to find a S & W Model 29
    Dragon
  • April 21, 2010 1:07 AM PDT
    Before the craze started N-Frames / 29's in the presentation boxes sold for about $380.00 retail, everyone bought and stashed them for a rainy day and was not unusual to see them selling for $1000.00 at gun shows.

There's a deputy here that had a gun shop back then, he was known to be a prick. They all pitched in to buy the Sheriff a 29 for his birthday one year, the deputy told them he could get one for $900.00 in two weeks, they came to me next, I told them when they had the cash in hand I would get one for cost, shipping, and tax the next day or two. Couple days later the deputy came in with the money, I made two calls and found one new in Tampa for $270.00 my cost, had it the next day.

After that the deputy with the gun shop was so pissed he told his shift if he ever caught one of them in my shop I had better be in cuffs or they was fired.............lol.......
  • April 21, 2010 8:18 AM PDT
    Here's my favorite form of a .44, the Ruger SuperRedhawk. I deer hunt with it, using a cross draw holster. I also have a Marlin lever-action in the same caliber to make a set. It's pretty humorous watching Connie shoot it! It's definitely not for weak wrists, although the perceived kick isn't bad.
    • 1780 posts
    April 21, 2010 9:33 AM PDT
    freighttrain wrote...
    Here's my favorite form of a .44, the Ruger SuperRedhawk. I deer hunt with it, using a cross draw holster. I also have a Marlin lever-action in the same caliber to make a set. It's pretty humorous watching Connie shoot it! It's definitely not for weak wrists, although the perceived kick isn't bad.

Hey freighttrain why don't you just put a stock on that thing....lol
    Dragon
  • April 21, 2010 12:58 PM PDT
    nightdragon wrote...
    freighttrain wrote...

Dragon

Too hard to conceal it then.....lol

• 1780 posts
    April 21, 2010 1:05 PM PDT
    freighttrain wrote...
    nightdragon wrote...
    freighttrain wrote...

Dragon

Too hard to conceal it then.....lol

That's what those dusters are for......yea
    Dragon
    • 2 posts
    April 21, 2010 1:06 PM PDT
    nightdragon,
    What's w/ the black, pearl grips. You do know what Gen. Patton said about pearl grips don't you?

And seriouly what is along the back-strap?
    • 1780 posts
    April 21, 2010 1:27 PM PDT
    99Savage wrote...
    nightdragon,
    What's w/ the black, pearl grips. You do know what Gen. Patton said about pearl grips don't you?

And seriouly what is along the back-strap?.....wood

Hey Bro you got my attention......I throught Gen Patton had white pearl grips????
    Dragon
    • 2 posts
    April 21, 2010 1:35 PM PDT
    nightdragon wrote...
    99Savage wrote...
    nightdragon,

Hey Bro you got my attention......I throught Gen Patton had white pearl grips????
    Dragon

Ain't gonn'a repeat it here - I we ever meet I might end up needing dental work. He made a point of telling everybody that his grips were ivory, not pearl.
    What holds the wood on
    • 190 posts
    April 21, 2010 4:06 PM PDT
    I dont have any guns right now (personal choice w/ a pre teen in the house, and I'd be better off w/ my buck knives in a home invasion) and never shot a .44. My dad has a colt python .357 and a 1911 .45 both of which I've always liked and have fired both. I would say both are intimidating, especially the the .357, I love that gun, but you could probably still tell a punk to ask themselves one question, "Do I feel Lucky?"
    Still love the Dirty Harry movies.
    • 1780 posts
    April 22, 2010 12:18 AM PDT
    99Savage wrote...
    nightdragon wrote...
    99Savage wrote...
    nightdragon,

Dragon

Ain't gonn'a repeat it here - I we ever meet I might end up needing dental work. He made a point of telling everybody that his grips were ivory, not pearl.
    What holds the wood on

Thoses grips are only temp. I've got a set of wooden target grips coming......like the look of wood grips on that gun.
    Dragon
  • April 22, 2010 1:29 AM PDT
    I hated auto pistols before I had my own shop and started working on them, they were known to malfunction on occasion for one reason or another, but, I never had someone bring me an auto that was jammed up to the point it required special tools to disassemble it and make it shoot again. On occasion people would bring me a jammed revolver to repair due to improper ammo or worn parts. When a revolver jams you got trouble.