Waving to Other Bikers

• April 12, 2010 4:39 PM PDT
    There have a been a few topics on here about who waves and who doesn't on the road. This past weekend I did a little observing on the subject. A group of us were riding, all on Harleys but one Spyder and me on my custom. I saw several hundred scooters and this was what I observed. Every Harley and Goldwing rider I saw waved back. Most metric cruiser and sport bike riders waved. Very few BMW riders waved and damn near no dual sport riders waved. Hell, the BMW folks weren't even friendly at the beer joints. I don't know what any of this means but it was an observation.
  • April 12, 2010 5:09 PM PDT
    If they don't wave at me I turn around and hunt them down beat their asses and take their women.
  • April 12, 2010 5:16 PM PDT
    Most didn't have women. That may have been the problem. The women that were with them looked like they had a stick shoved up their ass.
  • April 12, 2010 6:20 PM PDT
    Ok,so where and when did the wave begin ? First time I went to Sturgis,I thought to myself...damn this is gonna be a lot of waving and hardly anyone did it.When I go riding and have a passenger,she is the designated waver..lol.
    • 1509 posts
    April 12, 2010 7:42 PM PDT
    I hate waving any more there is to much going on in front to worry about saying hey or offending some one.
    and any how they ain't my brother they ain't related and we ain't on a boat!

if they were my brother they would we would be together or they would flip me of (dam relitives)'

LOL
    • 513 posts
    April 12, 2010 9:38 PM PDT
    It is a world wide thing, bmw riders here ain't friendly either.

We were stopped at a gas station last year and I said hello to a couple of them and they just looked at me like I had three heads.

I don't understand it but they seem to be a stuck up bunch, not all but most.
    I did get told a couple of years ago to move my hippy ass out of the way of a bmw rider in a bar and him laugh with his cronies about the fact that the bar was definitely going down hill letting in any scum. My wife put him in his place real quick though, she just said "It has, I see they are even letting ugly people on ugly german bikes in now".....the whole place fell around the place laughing.
    • 19007 posts
    April 13, 2010 12:13 AM PDT
    Glide03 wrote...
    Ok,so where and when did the wave begin ? First time I went to Sturgis,I thought to myself...damn this is gonna be a lot of waving and hardly anyone did it.When I go riding and have a passenger,she is the designated waver..lol.

Well when at events like Sturgis waveing is put on hold cuz ya would never have two hans on the bars....

I have never noticed the Beemer snobery but I will do some research. Maybe it is those suits they all are required to wear, not allowing arm movement away from the handle bars...LOL

• April 13, 2010 12:16 AM PDT
    Alot of Beemer riders are too busy to wave, got their hands full messin with all them gadgets.
    • 513 posts
    April 13, 2010 12:18 AM PDT
    Flatlander wrote...
    Alot of Beemer riders are too busy to wave, got their hands full messin with all them gadgets.

that must be the coffee maker then!

• April 13, 2010 12:21 AM PDT
    I specially like the electric center stands they have.
  • April 13, 2010 12:30 AM PDT
    My bf and I are the only ones on a Spyder in the riding groups we've met so far.. the harley riders like it and are the friendliest bunch, the sport bike riders look at us like we're weird, lol. Most everybody tends to wave on the road tho.
  • April 13, 2010 12:47 AM PDT
    Not just the BMW riders but the drivers of their cages as well tend to be snobs. Maybe they have fake limbs and can't wave them as thier vehicles cost an arm and a leg to buy and maintain.

Big
    Money
    Waster

Be sure to check out FranktheRealBikers new vid about waving...very funny!
  • April 13, 2010 1:12 AM PDT
    Big Money Waver? I thought it was Bavarian Manure Wagon.
  • April 13, 2010 4:26 AM PDT
    Sarge the best way to get to your ex would be to get some of her sister. Just sayin'.....
    • 513 posts
    April 13, 2010 7:16 AM PDT
    hambone wrote...
    Sarge the best way to get to your ex would be to get some of her sister. Just sayin'.....

Twin sisters would be double the fun!

• April 13, 2010 7:23 AM PDT
    Hmmm... Hambone,,,, You may be onto something there! Her sister was looking pretty damn good and was awfully, awfully friendly! Right to the point of flirting!!! Hmmm??????
    • 513 posts
    April 13, 2010 7:24 AM PDT
    bikersarge1 wrote...
    Hmmm... Hambone,,,, You may be onto something there! Her sister was looking pretty damn good and was awfully, awfully friendly! Right to the point of flirting!!! Hmmm??????

INCOMING!!!!!!!
  • April 13, 2010 7:48 AM PDT
    Double Tap.
  • April 13, 2010 8:06 AM PDT
    I don't know Dyna.... Maybe she is just real curious? Nah... Couldn't be.....
    • 513 posts
    April 13, 2010 8:08 AM PDT
    Boom Boom! LMAO!

BMWs bikes ridden by little men with world domination complexes...........with the middle name adolf!
  • April 13, 2010 9:11 AM PDT
    Double Tap the sister.
  • April 13, 2010 9:11 AM PDT
    Then send a pic to the ex.
  • April 13, 2010 1:11 PM PDT
    LMAO!!!

And to think that this conversation started with waving..... Gotta love it!!!
  • April 13, 2010 1:35 PM PDT
    I observed the same, all Harley riders wave and almost all of the metric and none of the BMWs. So now I flip off the BMWs! Just to reinsure them that thet are #1. Cant wait to see what hapens to them after new Honda BMWs come out, now that Ford sold BMW to them??? The BMW guys dont wave cause they know they messed up by buying their b-meers.
    It actually amazes me how ALL Harley and the rest of the cruisers even the rice rocket riders wave. Glad I own a Harley!!! Let the yuppies keep the BMWs we dont want them anyhow. Just sayn!
    • 190 posts
    April 13, 2010 3:01 PM PDT
    yeah Extreme, i always got that same impression from the beemer riders. I dunno. maybe it plugs into their whole european yuppie thing/mindset. I cant figure it out. Anyway, when all is said and done i just figure 'screw em' cuz they're missin out on the whole point of ridin anyway. The bike is ONLY AN EXTENSION of who you are and if they csant figure that one out then they're-correction, we're- better off without those latte sippin creche munchin asswipes......