What Did You Do This Weekend

• 1855 posts
    May 6, 2017 4:42 AM PDT

For those keeping track; we're leaving the home we leased here in Ohio and bought a smaller bungalow just across town so we've been downsizing.  Our home on the Gulf Coast of Alabama still hasn't sold.  I sold my old shovelhead to a club brother. Still have my Heritage.  Watching the rain fall is about the only other news.

Only the living swim upstream!!!!

• 57 posts
    May 6, 2017 5:37 PM PDT

Thanks for the update Doc, hopefully it will stop raining soon and warm-up just a bit. Take Care Ride Safe 

• May 7, 2017 4:36 AM PDT

Thanks Doc for keeping the gang informed. Man I know you must be a bit bummed out, but hang in there because Good Things come to Good People.

Night Dragon

• 13 posts
    May 14, 2017 11:36 PM PDT

Bought BATTLAX BT021 tires from 4wheelonline since I got a nice offer. Their site is for four-wheeled vehicles but surprisingly they also have parts for bikes.

• 1855 posts
    May 15, 2017 2:28 AM PDT

Took a break from the stress and rode all week-end;.  South on Saturday to Waldo, Ohio for what is claimed to be the best fried bologna sandwich around. I'm thinking  the claim  was simply PR; good but hardly the best around.  LOL

North on Sunday to Grand Rapids, Ohio along the Maumee River simply because I didn't know there was a Grand Rapids, OHIO. So we discovered another tourist trap.  Still worth a wide open country cruise. 

• 3 posts
    June 7, 2017 7:02 PM PDT
    Moved from SoCal to Texas.
    Should have moved here long ago.

This post was edited by Swomack at June 9, 2017 2:38 PM PDT
    • 13 posts
    June 29, 2017 11:44 PM PDT

Had a barbeque party with family and friends.

• June 30, 2017 4:10 AM PDT

[blockquote]Swomack said: Moved from SoCal to Texas. Should have moved here long ago. [/blockquote]

I was born and raised in Fort Worth. Moved to Tennessee 4 years ago from Arlington Texas.

Went back for a visit about a month ago and the road construction back there is crazy. Don't think I will ever move back there

Night Dragon

This post was edited by Deleted Member at June 30, 2017 4:15 AM PDT
    • 3006 posts
    July 4, 2017 10:49 AM PDT

My weekend was spent working around the house & taking my grandson to the movies.My ride needs work & money is tight,so no riding till new parts ordered & installed.Hoping this month to finally see a bit of daylight on some projects around here.The weather is back to being foggy mornings n sunny days in the 70's.Happy Fourth everyone!!!

• 19034 posts
    July 5, 2017 6:25 AM PDT

Watched some of Mother Nature's Fireworks....

• 58 posts
    July 9, 2017 9:27 AM PDT

This weekend has been about family.  Had a cookoff Friday with all of my family and most of the extended family.  The food was excellent and the competition tight.  Of course I as one of three judges was totally unbiased.  My wife's cook team won 5 of the possible 8 points.

Yesterday was a gender reveal for my first grandbaby....Robert Patrick McCants will be making his appearance in early November.  Lots of family and friends over to help put away hotdogs and hamburgers as well.

Today is just for chillin.  Might go for a ride this afternoon after the kids head for home.

• 1855 posts
    July 31, 2017 4:22 AM PDT
    Riding, hooking up with old friends, anxiously awaiting some cataract surgery, pickin n' grinnin, and anything else to keep me away from working on our new place
    • 5420 posts
    July 31, 2017 8:52 AM PDT

Not much of anything this weekend.  Some yard work and tinkering around in the garage were the highlights of my weekend.

• 44 posts
    July 31, 2017 1:12 PM PDT
    Me and the grand baby rode to Leapirs Fork Tennessee come back through Fly Tennessee stop at fly grocery and got us a sun drop drink Sat on the porch of the store and told story's the owner told me the store was built in 1890 178 mile ride with a 6 year old she loves to ride
    • 19034 posts
    August 1, 2017 6:09 AM PDT

Sounds like a great one Speedyre

• 28 posts
    August 6, 2017 10:59 PM PDT
    Saturday I went on a ride with about 30 bikes to the mountains in Arizona (yes we have mountains). Did 500 miles leaving Phoenix to Payson, then Mormon Lake (7000 ft.), Flagstaff, Camp Verde, back to Payson, Roosevelt Lake, Globe, then home. It was uncomfortably hot in the valley but had to deal with rain and cold at altitude. A great ride.
    • 5420 posts
    August 9, 2017 9:20 AM PDT

Laura got me a drill press for my birthday so I spent the weekend and Monday (since I took the day off for my b-day) building a bench for my new drill press and my grinder...

• 16825 posts
    August 9, 2017 6:49 PM PDT

Cool!  Happy Birhtday my friend. :-)

• 19034 posts
    August 10, 2017 6:31 AM PDT

Awesome!!! So is it a press bench, or could it be a bench press????

• 19034 posts
    August 15, 2017 9:25 AM PDT

Enjoyed the night skies down here in The Big Bend

• 5420 posts
    August 28, 2017 12:17 PM PDT

Had a great weekend racing RC cars with my son Riley at the Surf City Classic.  He raced great all weekend and got one podium finish with a 3rd place in truck.  

This post was edited by Lucky at August 28, 2017 12:17 PM PDT
    • 19034 posts
    August 29, 2017 6:02 AM PDT

Lookin' Good Dudes!

• 3006 posts
    September 10, 2017 2:18 PM PDT

Spent my weekend working on the ride,over due stuff.Still more to go,one thing leads to another it seems.Guess if your gonna play ya gotta pay

stay safe n enjoy the ride 

• 5420 posts
    September 11, 2017 11:57 AM PDT

Riley gave me one of his off-road RC trucks so I can start racing.  Spent my weekend painting up a body for it...

• 84 posts
    October 10, 2017 5:19 PM PDT

Sat and Sun rode the last 2 days (France to Serbia) on a 7 country move from Portugal to Serbia.  Good weather, good fast ride and only a little cold after crossing into Slovenia.  After 10 years in Portugal where I could ride year round the winters here will be quite a change. 

Rented an apartment last trip so time to get utilities and move in this week.

Now it's time to do a bit of maintenance but most tools and pieces won't get here until Dec.  Still gotta buy another lift for the bike.

First stop inside Slovenia

Got to the hotel about about 9 PM a bit hungry.  Asked the owner where I could grab a bite to bring back and he said he'd make me a sandwich.  He went to the kitchen and came back about 30 minutes later with this.

Some sandwich!  When I asked him how much he simply said I was to pay nothing.  This freebee for a $17.75/night hotel.

So today I order a large pizza to be delivered to the hotel.  610 Dinars ($6.03) including a $0.69 delivery charge.

Pizza, Serbian style.

This living is gonna be fun.