bbq

• March 28, 2010 2:22 AM PDT
    Reailizing summer is primarily for riding, we all have to eat inorder to keep going. Personally I like to cook outside every chance I get. So I was wondering what everyone likes off the grill. Ithink there is nothing better than a bloddy steak or a rack of ribs. Descirbe everything you like whether it's a side dish or a maindish.
  • g
    March 28, 2010 2:27 AM PDT
    chicken on a stick ,with satay sauce .
  • g
    March 28, 2010 2:28 AM PDT
    use pepers ,and make kebabs .
  • g
    March 28, 2010 2:30 AM PDT
    ucan make wraps ,all kinds of meat's .chicken ,pork !! add loads of sauce's like chili or indian mexican .then every dish is diffrent .
  • g
    March 28, 2010 2:31 AM PDT
    king prawns are good .
  • March 28, 2010 2:36 AM PDT
    I'm good with a good T-bone or delmonico medium rare with some redskin tators cooked in foil w/onions butter and a little garlic
    • 2072 posts
    March 28, 2010 3:49 AM PDT
    Beer can chicken on the smoker !!!!!
  • March 28, 2010 4:23 AM PDT
    fatboy wrote...
    I'm good with a good T-bone or delmonico medium rare with some redskin tators cooked in foil w/onions butter and a little garlic

Throw in some red peppers and mushrooms

• 601 posts
    March 28, 2010 4:34 AM PDT
    Can't beat a nice bass or monkfish done on a BBQ , lobster is ok too but overcooks too easy..for a sidedish i like miller or carlsberg or a bottle of red wine at a push.
  • March 28, 2010 4:37 AM PDT
    Everything taste better on the grill.
  • March 29, 2010 3:05 AM PDT
    Prime Rib with my special rub smoked over a combo of mesquite, hickory and apple woods.

YUM!
    • 5419 posts
    March 29, 2010 3:10 AM PDT
    Man I love BBQ'n.  Steak is my all time favorite to grill, with ribs running a close second.  But, it really doesn't matter...chicken, fish, even just burgers or hot dogs.  I really like bbq'd baked potatoes too.
    • 1364 posts
    March 29, 2010 3:19 AM PDT
    I BBQ all year long, Chicken, Steak, Salmon, Corn,burger, dogs,  potatos.Anthing I can.... Did this last night on the Weber
  • March 29, 2010 6:22 AM PDT
    I love to BBQ, problem is I live in a condo. So I only have a little BBQ on my balcony, or I have to go down to the community BBQs by the pool - big pain to carry all the stuff down there. But I can cook a mean steak or two on my little BBQ, which is without a doubt my favorite!!!
    • 844 posts
    March 29, 2010 6:25 AM PDT
    I prefer anything cooked over the grill (coal, not that gas stuff). But we do have a rule here in Texas - you can BBQ what ever you want, but there must be at least one steak present on the grill at all times!!!!
    • 19007 posts
    March 29, 2010 7:03 AM PDT

Now if you mean BBQ

1.Texas Brisket or Ribs
    2. South Carolina Ribs

Now for just plain grilling

1. Steak (Delmonico)
    2. My secret burger recipe

• 568 posts
    March 29, 2010 11:49 AM PDT
    T-bone steak, deffo with the bone attached fer extra flavour

Q: what's a Delmonico?! guess we don't call it that, in here
    • 19007 posts
    March 29, 2010 11:55 AM PDT

What is a Delmonico Steak?

There are more than sixty different beef cuts in the meat case today. Add in the fact that many cuts have several different names and the meat case can be very confusing.
    And a steak may be labeled a certain name in one area of the U.S., and the same labeled name in another area might be a completely different cut of steak.
    In my area, a Delmonico steak is a Boneless Top Sirloin beef steak.

In other parts of the country, a Delmonico is a Bone-In Top Loin Steak (cut from the short loin), or a Rib-Eye Steak (cut from the rib).

• 568 posts
    March 29, 2010 11:59 AM PDT
    thanx Rex, now i'm bloody hungry!... LOL
  • March 29, 2010 1:46 PM PDT
    i cook anything that will fit on the pit, fish, shrimp, beef, pork, chicken, my kids like when i do breakfast on the pit. i built this smoker a few years ago, i was bored and needed something to occupy my time. the grill space is 2-1/2' deep and almost 4' long, i know it can hold 6 racks of ribs or briscuits. and still have room for taters and corn and such. i guess my all time fave is a salt rubbed brisquit left on for 8 - 10 hours, so the char is about a half inch deep, mesquite is good for smoking, but i really prefer hickory or pecan. badinfluence
    • 1516 posts
    March 29, 2010 3:25 PM PDT
    I love to cook on a grill. When we go camping on the bike, I have a little Coleman grill that we take to cook on. Breakfast burritos for breakfast, chicken wings for lunch and some kind of yummie meat for dinner. Best part is sharing it with friends.. I also like to make veggies in foil, as well as potatoes with cheese.
  • March 29, 2010 4:56 PM PDT
    I grill most of the time I'm home. We have a grill that goes on the side of the toy hauler and every meal but breakfast is cooked on it while camping. The only way to cook dead cow, pig, or barnyard pimp is on the grill.
  • March 29, 2010 6:57 PM PDT
    Love grillin! All times of the year. Camping there is nothing better than a t-bone (with garlic salt on it) & a baked tater! Core an apple, put cinnamon sugar & some butter inside the hole, wrap it with tinfoil & toss in the coals to bake. The smell alone will send you over. BBQ at home is all over the map, shrimp & pineapple kabobs, ribs, beer can chicken. I like to make 2 burger patties and on one put green chilies, bbq sauce & sliced cheese stacked up. Then stick the 2nd patty on top and seal it up. Low & long on the heat but worth the wait!! Damn it's 1am and I'm drooling for BBQ now!
    • 1040 posts
    March 29, 2010 10:47 PM PDT
    A huge ribeye or A big ol pkg of country style pork ribs.
  • March 30, 2010 1:25 AM PDT
    The only thing not fixed on a grill has been Pizza and may try that this summer.