bbq

• March 30, 2010 5:20 AM PDT
    I love anything bar-b-qued. That means hubby's doing the cooking and the kitchen stays clean
  • March 30, 2010 5:40 AM PDT
    You guys are killing me. Its pouring out and the last thing I want to do is go out in the rain and fire up the grill, but reading this forum has me salivating! Crap, I'd probably burn down the house if I tried to grill today. Maybe its a good thing its raining out.
  • March 30, 2010 7:50 AM PDT
    fartking69 wrote...
    Prime Rib with my special rub smoked over a combo of mesquite, hickory and apple woods.

YUM!
    YESssssssssssss Small Rib End cut four or five rib thick, charcoal, tons of wet hickory chips smoked covered for a few hours......... melts in your mouth.
  • March 31, 2010 12:05 AM PDT
    Exactly! Made it New Year's Eve took 9 hours on the smoker(-5*F outside at the time). Then took it into the oven for 30 min to get the outside nice and crusty. Ended up with about 3/4" of the pink ring on the outside of the meat(good smoke penetration). Damn near able to cut it with a fork and the family feasted.
  • March 31, 2010 12:24 AM PDT
    I bbq chicken last night with Jack Daniels sauce. Also fixed kabobs of mushrooms and onions. Now that's eating..........
  • March 31, 2010 12:30 AM PDT
    J.D. Sauce is excellent, Stubb's is another good store bought one. Black folks cook the hell out of stuff along side the highway in them big ole smokers they tow around.
  • April 1, 2010 3:21 AM PDT
    Actually Stubbs is from my hometown, Lubbock Texas. Stubbs BBQ was a great place to eat and listen to live music.....
  • April 1, 2010 9:54 AM PDT
    Steak is definitely NUMBER 1, followed by fish.
  • April 1, 2010 10:55 AM PDT
    Ribs soaked in lots of sauce and grilled over a charcoal and mesquite fire.
    • 19004 posts
    April 2, 2010 12:30 AM PDT
    Another Guy Clark song...

• April 2, 2010 10:40 AM PDT
    Great response to this.

I also like roasting fresh green chili on the grill and then putting them on brats or burgers.
  • April 2, 2010 11:18 AM PDT
    try sweet baby rays bbq sauce on chicken and pork, really good!
  • April 2, 2010 11:00 PM PDT
    I guess I'm cheap. Nothing beats a burger on the grill!!
  • April 2, 2010 11:47 PM PDT
    A few 2 pnd lobster tail rap in foil with lots off butter garlic and onions inside, with 20oz Black Angus steaks on a side and a cold beer on hand while is cooking and belive me is not going to over cook...!!!!! I have an Idea, LET ME GO TO THE STORE. I'LL BE RIGHT BACK....!!!!! :~)