Ladies Who Do You Ride With ?

• March 5, 2010 11:38 PM PST
    SISTERS of CHROME WMC Are Women Content To Grabbing The Handlebars And Steering Our Own Motorcycles.
    Ladys  You Don't Have To Ride Alone, We Welcome Women Riders. It's Not What Ya Ride, It's that Ya Ride!

www.sistersofchromemc.com
    • 467 posts
    March 6, 2010 2:14 AM PST
    I ride on my own bike with my husband next to me on his. In my small town there are NO other women riders and most of the men don't want me riding in their group. I think they don't want me giving their wives ideas.
  • March 7, 2010 9:49 AM PST
    I usually ride alone. Same for me, small town and no other women that ride. My friend did buy herself a bike at the end of last season and hopefully she will take the NY Safety Course and get her license early this spring so we can do some rides together. Have some rides planned with someone special this summer though.
    • 910 posts
    March 7, 2010 10:32 AM PST
    I mostly rode by myself, save once or twice with friends, unless there was a charity run locally and then I participated with a group. On my long distance road trip I mostly rode alone but I had opportunity a few times to ride with others in various states. I liked it both ways. The solitude and the companionship.
  • April 6, 2010 1:59 AM PDT
    I found a group of riders over the winter and I've put 544 miles on this year! They're all guys and ride sport bikes...I ride a cruiser. But they're more about IF you ride, not WHAT you ride ~ or maybe it's just because they like having a biker babe ride with them?Regardless I enjoy the fact that they actually ride - not bar hopping, just pure untainted riding..... and they're a ton of fun! I love hanging out with the guys, they treat me like one of their own and made fast friends with all of them. I've met some other ladies that ride with their man, but not too many that ride their own iron in this town. But I am seeing more out on the road! I'd really like to find or form a group of other women that I can ride with atleast once a month. Guys are great to ride with, but women are better!
  • April 6, 2010 8:12 AM PDT
    I tried riding with a few of the online meetup groups but realized really fast that they were worse than the girls in High school! LOL Luckily I have family that rides too so its usually me, my husband, my son, my sister in law and my daughter and her boyfriend.
  • April 6, 2010 11:11 AM PDT
    I ride my own and am pretty much like anyone who rides. I ride with my friends when they're around, by myself when they're not.
    • 1161 posts
    April 6, 2010 3:29 PM PDT
    cnciaco wrote...
    I ride on my own bike with my husband next to me on his. In my small town there are NO other women riders and most of the men don't want me riding in their group. I think they don't want me giving their wives ideas.

That is sad most guys would want to share what they enjoy to bad they are all closed minded.  Personally I think women that are not afraid to ride is hot.   

I had to pipe in and give my 2 cense.
  • April 11, 2010 12:52 PM PDT
    I ride to work alone. I am a member of a group (men and women) that has about 10 lady bikers. We ride every Sunday and the ladies met somewhere for lunch on Weds. We all meet for a monthly meeting. I ride every chance I get alone, with group or just my husband and me living in AZ you can ride almost year round. I grew up riding motorcycles of all kind. I have 3 older brothers the only girl so I was a real tomboy.
  • April 11, 2010 1:01 PM PDT
    I for one like seeing more women riding. I have done everything I can to help my wife get her own bike and am trying to get some of her friends to ride too! The more the merrier.
    • 467 posts
    April 11, 2010 1:13 PM PDT
    I almost had my neighbor lady convinced into buying a bike this summer, but she decided to get pregnant instead--go figure!?! They guys around here are pretty cliqueish and I am still not very welcome 4 yrs. later, but that's okay. I got my hubby to ride with and now and then some of my real friends from back home come up and ride for the weekend with me--I have such beautiful country around me to ride in--Black Hills--that people from home are willing to do the drive over.
    • 10 posts
    April 14, 2010 8:39 AM PDT
    oops posted twice!
    • 10 posts
    April 14, 2010 8:42 AM PDT
    during the week it's solo. Weekend are for me and my honey. A group of woman approached me but there is too much "profiling" involved, around here anyway. Just want to ride.
    • 1780 posts
    April 14, 2010 9:05 AM PDT
    Hey Angel Eyes rides her own Harley, and is a damn good rider. She rides with me other guys / women and everone lovers her.
    Dragon
  • June 7, 2010 3:03 PM PDT
    I ride alone. The women a round where I live only ride the get men to look at them, and all the drama that goes with it. I don't want the drama so I ride alone!
  • June 9, 2010 11:50 AM PDT
    I ride alone alot especially back and forth to work we have been very lucky in New England its been beautiful alot. I think since May I have road my bike more than I drove my SUV oh the great thing about riding, under $10 to fill the tank -Lol
  • June 9, 2010 11:17 PM PDT
    My wife Sue rides her own bike. I think it's great. We go on bike trips together every year.
    She grew up around motorcycles, her Dad and bros.
    I've met guys who don't like it...freakin' dinosaurs! Pay no mind to them.
  • June 16, 2010 1:37 PM PDT
    I ride mostly alone.  I do belong to a group called the Chome Divas.  They ride a few hours on a weekend day.  I usually peel off when they are finished and ride on my own.  Not a lot of women riders in this area but getting better.
  • June 16, 2010 1:52 PM PDT
    I ride my own and usually with my partner tags along (unless she's at work) and a bunch of friends ..... I couldn't ride on the rear of any bike as I grew up on these things since 13 years old. Grew up with 3 brothers and it was do or die so I decided to out do em' .....
  • June 16, 2010 5:17 PM PDT
    My husband and I usually ride together, each on our own bike.  Our son and daughter now have their own bikes and they ride with us when they can.  Being in AZ, we can ride 12 months out of the year.  My daughter and I are originally from upstate NY where I learned to ride.  I was thrilled back then to be riding in early December (we had a warm spell).  Now I can ride all WINTER long!  In the summer, we get up early and head for higher ground.  I have a hydration vest that works pretty good.  I ride an '08 HD Street Glide and my hubby rides an '07 Road Glide.  Our car and truck sit in the driveway and collect dust.  If work didn't get in the way, life would be perfect.
  • July 9, 2010 4:35 AM PDT
    I ride with my bf locally, but I have some other friends that I ride with too. They are more into the long distance rides, which I started out in as a passenger. Most of my longer trips though, I ride solo. I don't mind, my wishlist does have a pair of speakers on it though...for those long runs home in the dead of night! I don't mind riding solo at all, because I don't have to have any of my ideas or plans questioned at all! I really love that! The only attitude I have is my own.....:D
    • 23 posts
    August 17, 2010 8:07 AM PDT
    I belong to a Riding Club that accepts both men and women as full patch members. I am the only woman rider in this chapter, but I wouldn't trade my men in for anyone. If I'm not riding with the crew, I'm riding along side my husband. Also, I do ride alone if I need. It's not a worry for me. I do everything in my power NOT to be on the back of his bike. HE'S CRAZY!!!!!
  • TNT
    August 24, 2010 7:57 AM PDT
    I ride with my husband and lots of friends, male and female....don't care where we go...just so we go!!!!!!!!! I have a dear friend that I ride with alot when my "ole man" doesn't feel like going . So just us girls take off and find new places to go and then show the guys the great places we've found. I ride until I am shivering more than my bike vibrates. Usually November we take them for one last poker run (Toys for Tots) and then boredom sets in until spring thaw. Have I said today "I LOVE MY BIKE"!!
  • August 24, 2010 1:10 PM PDT
    There's quite a few ladies who I've seen riding their own bike in my area. I was going to get my own bike this year with my half of the tax return but then we made the decision to move to AZ in March of 2011 and we figured it's gonna be hard enough to fit his bike in the trailer so I'm gonna wait until we settle in up there.

I want to make more biker lady friends but I feel like they look down on me because I ride backseat to my hubby.
  • TNT
    August 25, 2010 6:35 AM PDT
    I don't think anyone looks down on ya....most of us started on the back of a bike. that is how we caught the FEVER