Flags; do you, or would you?

• 0 posts
    February 18, 2010 8:46 AM PST
    Do you ride with flags on your bike at events?

and if we had a Cyclefish flag, would you run it? I would.

Just a thought. I know that Rumblingpride (.com) does custom flags for not too much money and I think it would be great to see a group of bikes coming in to an event, all with Cyclefish flags.

What say you? 
    • 2072 posts
    February 18, 2010 8:50 AM PST
    I have an American flag that I run on my trailer ALL the time (when towing it) and a 3'X5" American flag that I run when doing Patriot Guard Missions. And, yes, I would consider a Cyclefish flag!!!!!
    • 1040 posts
    February 18, 2010 8:59 AM PST
    I have an American Flag, POW/MIA Flag, and a Marine Corps Flag for my bike when its time to fly them. Without any disrespect to Lucky, those three flags are the ONLY Flags I will fly on my bike unless maybe a charity run requests a special charity flag be flown (Like a cyclefish charity event); otherwise those three only. I will wear the cyclefish patch with pride but not the flag; just me folks.
    • 0 posts
    February 18, 2010 9:16 AM PST
    Not a problem fxrdude. Everyone has an opinion and reasons for it, and I respect that you run the flags you do. At least you believe in something. A lot of people in this world don't even care.

Thanks!
  • February 18, 2010 9:30 AM PST
    I'm with frxdude. While I don't fly a flag on my bike regularly. The only ones I fly are the Standard, the Marine Corps flag and or the POW/MIA flags.
    • 190 posts
    February 18, 2010 9:30 AM PST
    I have a bright yellow Dont Tread On Me flag.....that sez it all.....
    • 513 posts
    February 18, 2010 10:07 AM PST
    I don't run flags on my bike nut I have two on my helmet an Irish tri-color and a US one to honor 911.
    I also have a tri-color on my cut!

• 2072 posts
    February 18, 2010 10:24 AM PST
    Hey Dyna................ I LIKE your 9-11 decal. Says it all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • 1 posts
    February 18, 2010 10:53 AM PST
    Flags are cool, I ride with skull and cross bones and MDBikergal rides with POW/MIA flag, anything that makes us more visible to the cagers.
    • 2 posts
    February 18, 2010 10:55 AM PST
    If you fly a flag make sure the pole is suited to the task

Did one big group ride & had to duck 3 flags w/ poles still attached. - 2 of them were small flags that would not have been a big deal to get hit w/ but one was a honkin, 3'x5' American flag ON A WOODEN POLE. If I must meet my maker I don't want it to be because Old Glory ended up wrapped around my head.
  • February 18, 2010 11:01 AM PST
    I have 2 11x15 flags that I fly all the time. American on one side and the other side alternates from a PGR flag to VFW to a Navy flag. I also have a mount for a 3'x5' American that I use for PGR missions. See profile pic
  • February 18, 2010 5:16 PM PST
    fxrdude wrote...
    I have an American Flag, POW/MIA Flag, and a Marine Corps Flag for my bike when its time to fly them. Without any disrespect to Lucky, those three flags are the ONLY Flags I will fly on my bike unless maybe a charity run requests a special charity flag be flown (Like a cyclefish charity event); otherwise those three only. I will wear the cyclefish patch with pride but not the flag; just me folks.

I have to heartily agree with fxrdude about the flags. Something earned and special about those flags.

• 513 posts
    February 18, 2010 9:36 PM PST
    BlvdCruiser wrote...
    Hey Dyna................ I LIKE your 9-11 decal. Says it all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well it sums up how I feel about it!  

• February 18, 2010 9:44 PM PST
    I gotta go with flag decals, real ones get a little fluffed near 200 mph................
    • 19007 posts
    February 18, 2010 11:26 PM PST
    Right now I run only two flags, American and POW. I might consider another but I have to re-engineer my mounts or find ones that I like.
    • 1780 posts
    February 19, 2010 12:21 AM PST
    No room on the Dragon for a flag, however I have an American Flag (just like Capt. America in Easy Rider) that covers just about the entire back of my leather vest, that I wear with pride......Ho Rah!!!!
    Dragon
    • 1780 posts
    February 19, 2010 12:23 AM PST
    Dyna wrote...
    I don't run flags on my bike nut I have two on my helmet an Irish tri-color and a US one to honor 911.
    I also have a tri-color on my cut!

Love that grim Reaper on the helmet Dyna......we shall all meet him some day, but NOT until we all some how make a difference for a better world!
    Dragon
    • 0 posts
    February 19, 2010 3:16 AM PST
    Then to sum up the trend so far that I am seeing, (remember that I am old and half blind LOL) is that your vest, or cut is the place for things that have meaning to you, your helmet is more towards sentiments and flags are for truly important things that mean the most.

that about it? :-)
  • g
    February 19, 2010 3:45 AM PST
    dont do flags ,have a few stickers and one of them is the cyclefish logo .
  • March 26, 2010 1:52 AM PDT

I have 2 US flags on the bike.. one is for my Uncle WWII PURPLE HEART Vet...and the other is for my Son current Active duty US NAVY Flags are in my yard on all my cars and truck ....

• 1509 posts
    March 26, 2010 3:35 AM PDT
    I have an American Flag, a Gadsden (yellow don't tread on me) Flag, And a First Confederate States of America, and a Patriot Guard flag for Missions. I only fly 2 at a time depending on my agravation level.
    • 1161 posts
    January 2, 2017 10:22 AM PST

Eventually I will have three USA flag, POW/MIA flag, and US Army or (If I can find one) Corps of Engineers flag.

• 58 posts
    January 10, 2017 1:54 PM PST

[blockquote]Seakers said:

Eventually I will have three USA flag, POW/MIA flag, and US Army or (If I can find one) Corps of Engineers flag.

[/blockquote]

www.collonsflags.com

I don't see a Corps of Engineers flage but they might be able to come up with one.  They sure seem to have everything else, including the Confederate Battle Flag.

• 1161 posts
    February 2, 2017 12:07 PM PST

[blockquote]RufCut said:

[blockquote]Seakers said:

[/blockquote]

www.collonsflags.com

I don't see a Corps of Engineers flage but they might be able to come up with one.  They sure seem to have everything else, including the Confederate Battle Flag.

[/blockquote]

Nice Thanks for the info, RufCut!

• 6 posts
    November 21, 2017 2:50 PM PST
    I've not had very good luck with flags. They tend to come apart after just a short trip. I ran both U.S. and CSA Navy Jack. After 200 miles they were both retired.