Redwood Run 2010

• February 16, 2010 11:34 AM PST
    Haven't found a new post on this anywhere, so I hope we aren't doubling up.

Terri and I are torn between Hells Canyon and Redwood. It all depands on what our regular riding budds decide. If Hells Canyon is not going to be a club run, we are seriouslly considering Redwood.

Washington and Oregon Cyclefish folks are planning. We are Redwood Virgins, and if we go, it would be cool to run with a pack down there.
    Does anyone from the great NW have plans yet?
    • 5417 posts
    February 16, 2010 12:08 PM PST
    Hey guys, if you have never done the Redwood Run, you should give it a shot, its a great time. As far as NW people...there is a pretty big group that comes down from WA and OR.

Check the Guests and Comments on the Redwood Run Event Listing
    • 1516 posts
    February 16, 2010 12:38 PM PST
    The Redwood Run brings out tons of people. I have met lots and lots of people down from up North. It would be great to meet you two. I really hope you pick the RWR!!
  • February 16, 2010 2:09 PM PST
    I have done both runs, and for the party and the ride, Red Wood Run wins hands down!
  • February 16, 2010 5:53 PM PST
    Wish they were not both the same weekend. I am already registered for the Hells Canyon rally. Would have done both if they were different weekends
  • February 16, 2010 9:40 PM PST
    I will probably catch some hell for this but... What's the Red Wood Run? I've never heard of it! Where, when, what...?
    • 1364 posts
    February 16, 2010 10:25 PM PST

Redwood Run is where it's at....    Deener and I will be there 

• February 17, 2010 2:31 AM PST
    Well, just cycle-fishing for the plan. If there is one. For a mmeup maybe in Vancouver USA and trip down in a group...
  • February 17, 2010 2:31 AM PST
    meet up, not mmeup
  • February 17, 2010 2:35 AM PST
    JimandTerri wrote...
    meet up, not mmeup

I got that finiger thing too
    • 1364 posts
    February 17, 2010 2:37 AM PST
    We are going to head out Thursday June 10 early morning. Riding to the KOA is Eureka Ca. To the event Friday morning
    • 277 posts
    February 17, 2010 2:44 AM PST
    highrisk wrote...
    We are going to head out Thursday June 10 early morning. Riding to the KOA is Eureka Ca. To the event Friday morning

I can't wait!  I've got my Vodka and 7-Up ... and my Redwood Groove on!  woo hoo! 

• 5417 posts
    February 17, 2010 3:23 AM PST
    I'm ready!!!

Hey all you Redwood Runners, don't forget to go over to the
    Redwood Run Official Form, click MESSAGE BOARD and let them know we're coming (you'll see the CycleFish post).  The more that show from CycleFish, the better chance we can get them to do a few things I am trying to get!!!
    • 1516 posts
    February 17, 2010 3:45 AM PST
    Oh my, I think I have RWR fever!! yikes.. only 114 days more of it to look forward to..
    • 1364 posts
    February 17, 2010 3:47 AM PST
    HDBeech wrote...
    highrisk wrote...

I can't wait!  I've got my Vodka and 7-Up ... and my Redwood Groove on!  woo hoo! 

Deener and I are in our RWR training mode,   Gotta be prepared

• February 17, 2010 7:40 AM PST
    Well, when it gets closer... maybe we can talk more about it and see if we want to run in a pack
    • 1364 posts
    February 17, 2010 8:30 AM PST
    debrajo62 wrote...
    Oh my, I think I have RWR fever!! yikes.. only 114 days more of it to look forward to..

This should get the RWR FEVER rising !!!! 

• February 18, 2010 4:10 AM PST
    Kind of hard to find what the event costs. Anyone know? And do you have to pre-register?

Also, looking at the schedules, looks like Thursday morning take off would work for us. Maybe meet up in Vancouver?
    • 5417 posts
    February 18, 2010 4:16 AM PST
    Trying to find out.  They have had a couple of issues this year and running a little behind on getting tickets out.

I will update the Event Listing as soon as we know.
  • February 20, 2010 2:32 AM PST
    I don't have any for sure plans yet, but a me and a buddy are planning on heading down there. Once tickets go on sale we'll make more concrete plans.
  • February 20, 2010 3:40 AM PST
    JimandTerri wrote...
    Kind of hard to find what the event costs. Anyone know? And do you have to pre-register?

Also, looking at the schedules, looks like Thursday morning take off would work for us. Maybe meet up in Vancouver?

Jim, if you go to the Redwood Run website that Lucky linked above you can sign-up your email address.  If I remember correctly last year it was $120 but $140 if you waited till the day of the event.  All tickets are mailed out to you so you want to get them prior to the deadline which is a couple weeks before the event.  After that it will be "will-call" at the gate.
    Those of us in the Seattle area have a 600 mile ride to the KOA in Eureka so as in the past it makes for a pretty good speed run with all the gas stops some of use have to make.  From the KOA we have an 85 mile ride down to Peircy on Friday morning so we get out about 6 am to get a good campsite.
    The last couple years I've had to ride back on Sunday non-stop but this is a great run that everyone should experience.

• February 23, 2010 2:58 AM PST
    Right on Ray!
    Like I said, we are kind of in a holding pattern. If our crew goes to Hells Canyon we will probably go with them. Support that shit, right? But if not, we are doing RWR. If you don't mind company, we would probably hook up with you guys in Vancouver Thursday am.

I'll get back to you before too long. Not like it matters right this seconds anyway.

Thanks for the info
  • February 23, 2010 9:37 AM PST
    Think I am going to make it! It's really more about meeting all the CycleFish members that are going.
  • February 23, 2010 1:26 PM PST
    Jump wrote...
    Think I am going to make it! It's really more about meeting all the CycleFish members that are going.
     First CF members we met were there...including our fearless leader!
    • 1516 posts
    February 23, 2010 1:46 PM PST
    Shoooot,, it is time to leave YET???