Rain gear which type do you have

• June 22, 2010 6:55 AM PDT
    Just break out a bar of soap and take a shower and do my laundry all at once.
  • July 9, 2010 2:44 PM PDT
    I have a 2 piece HD suit bought on ebay that I've used twice, once because of heavy mist on the coast coming back from Redwood Run in '06.

It was cold and damp and I was warm and dry inside it.

The second time, we had a some unexpected squalls just as I was leaving work and it functioned very well in the heavier stuff as well.

I expect it may get another workout on the Sturgis trip.
    • 6 posts
    July 9, 2010 2:55 PM PDT
    I have leather chaps, boots, and jacket... in other words, I just leather up and get wet. rode all the way to detroit in pouring rain, and back in some rain and all wet roads. Screw it, I say. lol
  • July 10, 2010 12:27 PM PDT
    Hawk6351 wrote...
    I have leather chaps, boots, and jacket... in other words, I just leather up and get wet. rode all the way to detroit in pouring rain, and back in some rain and all wet roads. Screw it, I say. lol

... This dear kid is certifiably nuts (apparently got it from his mom / hey, she married ME)...
    ... He pulled that as a round-trip to Detroit in one day (500 + miles) in wind that ripped the lids off his saddlebags...
    ... I made the trip home with him (I'd gone up the day before) --- temp was about 28°F --- roads were both wet & icy in spots...

... I, too, just get wet --- I figure God figures I need a shower !
    ... Bought & tried a Wal-Mart vinyl two-piece rainsuit last fall (approx $20) --- it lasted about 20 minutes, then shredded in the wind...

• July 10, 2010 12:33 PM PDT
    i don't carry much for rain gear, i keep heavy denim or a brushpopper shirt(kinda like canvas) and some heavy doorags to tie around my head and face and leave my glasses on, my fairing helps a bunch, i usually do like softtail and duck for the nearest watering hole
  • July 21, 2010 5:53 AM PDT
    I went on Ebay and picked up a set for $50.00... yup, Harley Rain Gear and I got it from a Dealer!
    Now, the rain gear is suppose to shield you from the rain but right at the front zipper I always seem to get wet, and I even close it up with the velcro liner over the zipper and I still managed to get wet.
    I think I'm gonna go back to the Wal Mart brand, stayed dry and managed to lose a few pounds in the process:)
    • 844 posts
    July 21, 2010 5:08 PM PDT
    I never had rain gear until I started making the weekly commute to and fro Houston for work. For some reason getting a little wet while just riding, or heading home from a rally never bothered me, but when I was commuting it did...state of mind I guess. Picked up a two-piece no name brand online, and it seemed to work just fine. I did like the two piece because many times I just put on the jacket.
  • March 20, 2013 8:23 AM PDT
    If you want to see the most current rain motorcycle gear out you can check out our rain gear here

http://www.jafrum.com/Motorcycle-Rain-Gear />
    Also to stay warm we have some really cool state of the art heated gear here
    http://www.jafrum.com/Heated-Motorcycle-Clothing />
    Stay dry yall,

-Jafrum

• 2 posts
    March 20, 2013 2:00 PM PDT
    Jafrum wrote...
    If you want to see the most current rain motorcycle gear out you can check out our rain gear here

http://www.jafrum.com/Motorcycle-Rain-Gear />
    Also to stay warm we have some really cool state of the art heated gear here
    http://www.jafrum.com/Heated-Motorcycle-Clothing />
    Stay dry yall,

-Jafrum
    Never bought rain gear from you but friendly site - Real reviews - Fair Prices - Helpful staff on the phone - Prompt delivery

p.s.: When you going to bring back a 3/4 Lg., leather, riding jacket with armor?? I would look just so good in one.
    • 1 posts
    March 21, 2013 5:45 PM PDT
    most wouldn't agree, but i swear and stand behind oil cloth..I've ridden with in Australia and in the USA...ok after 3 hours or so it seeps through..but then so does most other wets...and besides it looks tuff!..and thats what counts right?
    • 3006 posts
    March 22, 2013 4:28 AM PDT
    Whatever works right? I have been using a Rukka suit I bought from a buddy 30 years ago when he sold his ride.
    It was made in Finland(?) The suit has always worked for me.Excellent rain protection,with some nice features,see thru map pocket on leg,which has a double closure flap.Never worry about pipe burn as the fabric doesnt seem to be affected by it.I only wear it for rides over 10 miles,anything closer I just use my riding pants and regular rain jacket.
    • 1161 posts
    March 26, 2013 5:49 AM PDT
    I got my Walmart rain gear over 3 years ago and still have not used it. I just don't want to bother carrying it on my bike such a waste of space. Plus I don't think it would fit me now any more anyways. Haha. Leather coat, boots and gloves are what I use.
  • March 29, 2013 9:09 AM PDT
    FROGG TROGGS
  • July 1, 2017 5:48 AM PDT

[blockquote]HijinxApparel said: ha ha!! sweetsofttail -I agree the nearest bar is the best rain gear!!! other than that I just bought the JP cycle brand - works great - not as good as the bar but still pretty good!!!

[/blockquote]

We are tanner's shoes designer's manufacture's exporter's of men and women  leather motorcycle and cloths apparel motorcycle garment like leather motorcycle suit,gloves,jacket,shoes,I Have degree in leather technology 25 year experience in leather tanning,dying ,finishing all kind of leather like garment leather,upper leather and have tannery uint in pakistan sialkot. We have leather garment and shoes production unit in Sialkot Pakistan.We cane manufacture the leather items you require and place your private label in each leather garment and shoes.

winfieldinternational

• 19004 posts
    July 1, 2017 7:11 AM PDT

"Rain Gear? We ain't got no rain gear. We don't need no rain gear. I don't have to show you any stinkin' rain gear!"

Homage to Alphonse Bedoya, a very under appreciated character actor.

• July 2, 2017 4:01 AM PDT

If you want it to rain, just wash your bike or car.   If you don't want it to rain just fill your saddle bags with rain gear, where there is no room for anything else.

Night Dragon