What Draws You Into A Biker Shop?

• 2 posts
    September 29, 2022 8:47 AM PDT

Hi guys and gals.  Looking for feedback.  We have a biker shop on Route 66 in Arizona.  There is a diner behind us.  Our back has huge signs and a painted Route 66 walkway to attract people from the restaurant behind us into the shop, so they know we are here.  A couple days ago, we saw about 20 bikes pull up into the restaurant to eat, but they didn't walk across the parking lot to our shop.  Maybe they were in a hurry?  Anyway, we are looking for things that attract bikers into our shop.  We're bikers ourselves, but we want feedback from those traveling as we mostly get a lot of tourists on Route 66.  If we left something on your bike, what would get you to stop over?  A collector poker chip?  A coupon?  A free gift?  Something else?  

• 16822 posts
    September 29, 2022 1:18 PM PDT

A coupon.

• 19031 posts
    September 30, 2022 5:23 AM PDT

What Rev said, adding maybe an arrangement with the diner to offer a coupon to their customers with their menu, or a stack and sign on the register counter

• 13 posts
    September 30, 2022 8:52 AM PDT

Make a deal with the dinner to be reciprocal.  You offer coupons at your place for the dinner, maybe a Free Coffee or something like that and they offer coupons for your place for a Discount, Poker Chip or something like that.

• 10 posts
    November 20, 2022 2:59 PM PST

Gonna have to send my Bro your way, his Dyna is in a bad way. 

Ive been to motorcycle shops around the world. The only place to give me anything for5 walking in was Columbia HD outside of Vancouver WA. 

I did get something for free from a gal at an HD shop, but thats another story.

• 1 posts
    December 27, 2022 3:07 PM PST

I go into a shop around home when I want to look at bikes or gear, or when I need something. When traveling I might stop in if I want to take a break, but doubt I’d ever do that when traveling with others. General rule is that the more people you have riding together the more stops you’ll take and the longer they will be. Add in a stop at an attraction and you’ve got an even longer break. That’s no way to make time when you’ve got to reach a destination by a certain time. 

• 2 posts
    February 1, 2023 5:50 AM PST

Thanks all!  We already have a reciprocal promotion going on with the diner.  We send folks their way and they do the same.  I did assume they may have been trying to make time, but it's a question to still think about.  It's a struggle out there right now for us small businesses.  We try to keep this old skool biker shop out of the negative.  

• 4 posts
    June 29, 2023 2:04 PM PDT

[blockquote]ThunderRode said:

Hi guys and gals.  Looking for feedback.  We have a biker shop on Route 66 in Arizona.  There is a diner behind us.  Our back has huge signs and a painted Route 66 walkway to attract people from the restaurant behind us into the shop, so they know we are here.   A couple days ago, we saw about 20 bikes pull up into the restaurant to eat, but they didn't walk across the parking lot to our shop.  Maybe they were in a hurry?  Anyway, we are looking for things that attract bikers into our shop.  We're bikers ourselves, but we want feedback from those traveling as we mostly get a lot of tourists on Route 66.  If we left something on your bike, what would get you to stop over?  A collector poker chip?  A coupon?  A free gift?  Something else? pizza tower

[/blockquote]

The coupon and kinds of bikes sold at this shop

• 3 posts
    August 13, 2023 9:29 PM PDT

Kinds of bikes sold at this shop. If the shop sells rare or newest bikes, I will visit it regularly.

• 5 posts
    September 12, 2023 10:52 AM PDT

Well it depends on the needs at the time and I typically start with a google search.