New bike suggestions

• 1 posts
    June 11, 2019 7:15 PM PDT
    Not really sure if this is the correct way to ask, but here goes. I've recently sold my Vulcan 1500 for my dream truck. While I dont regret the choice I made, I desperately miss riding. I have always been a power junkie in my lifetime, enjoying speed and wind in my face. I'm currently looking for a new motorcycle to suit my needs. Im only asking for suggestions as I will purchase one in my spare time. I'm 6'4 and 270. Most will not fit me, I've accepted my cruel fate. I'm looking for a variety of options in all fields, whether they be cruisers, sports, scramblers, etc. I just really like power and the option of speed. Plenty of you all have rode for far longer than I've been on this rock, so any and all advice is appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    • 19004 posts
    June 12, 2019 5:31 AM PDT

Asking this is like asking what kind of shirt I should wear. It all depends on the rider and personal prefs. What fits my life won't necessarily fit yours. I'd suggest going to the dealers when the manufactures have demo days and try as many as you can. 

This post was edited by RexTheRoadDog at June 12, 2019 5:32 AM PDT
    • 1 posts
    June 12, 2019 9:04 AM PDT

What Rex said.  Bikes are a personal choice.  These days you can get power out of and BIG motor so I would conetrate more on a bike that fits your riding style and you just like the way it looks.  Good Luck

• 3006 posts
    June 15, 2019 12:43 PM PDT

Welcome to the CF board 

You were riding a Vulcan 1500,so I would think a ride similar to the Vulcan would work for your height? You might want to look at sport bikes available with a higher saddle height.No fun being real cramped riding.Some motorcycles you could customize with forward controls that would accomodate your build.

Stay safe & enjoy the ride !

• 1 posts
    June 20, 2019 11:27 PM PDT
    If your not opposed to Hondas, I ride the vtx 1800. It's a 110ci with 107 hp 120 ft lbs torque stock. It's a beast. Plenty fast and a smooth ride.
    • 7 posts
    June 27, 2019 8:20 PM PDT

The new Harely Motors 107 and 114 are awesome!  Plenty of bikes that will fit you. Lots of 2018s at good prices.

This post was edited by TraithlonGuy at June 27, 2019 8:21 PM PDT
    • 22 posts
    July 2, 2019 3:00 AM PDT

I have my own choice. I have an HD motor for four years, and I love it so much. But I am also looking to buy a Vulcano.