In Like a Lion

• 1855 posts
    March 5, 2019 8:51 AM PST

And so we have March and all is cold here in Ohio. Spent the past few months renovating our kitchen.  Even with me doing the complete tearout, electric, and painting it was an expensive endeavor.  But it was completed and paid for in time to save up for our summer riding adventures.

We are not moving anymore nor taking on any new projects; kind of sick of both of those things. I'll be 71 in a couple of weeks and despite all the places we've been there are still a helluva lot of places we haven't been.  And of course we're always open to suggestions. NOTE: We don't do event runs or charity rides anymore.

As it turned out Gypsy didn't have any malignacies (no lung cancer) and we now have been given a clean bill of health.  For both of us there's this desparation to get back in the wind and ride like we use to ride. 

So I'm just checking in once again hoping to catch ya'll on the road this year.

• 19034 posts
    March 8, 2019 7:14 AM PST

Great news on Gypsy's health. 

Places to go...Almost anywhere in Utah, beautiful riding there...Northern Cali (both east and west sides) is also nice...Black Hils of Sd except two weeks prior and two weeks after bike week (very crowded then )

This post was edited by RexTheRoadDog at March 8, 2019 7:15 AM PST
    • 1855 posts
    March 8, 2019 1:07 PM PST

[blockquote]RexTheRoadDog said:

Great news on Gypsy's health. 

Places to go...Almost anywhere in Utah, beautiful riding there...Northern Cali (both east and west sides) is also nice...Black Hils of Sd except two weeks prior and two weeks after bike week (very crowded then )

[/blockquote]

Thanks brother.  Been out west to Wyoming, Colorado, Dakota's.  I think we're going to try and meet a guy in Montana this year and Utah has always been in the back of my mind; that and Idaho. 

• 19034 posts
    March 9, 2019 6:33 AM PST

Idaho and Montana are both hreat place to ride also. 

• 3006 posts
    March 19, 2019 10:36 AM PDT

Good to hear that you & Gypsy are doing way betterNot sure if you ever hit Yellowstone,yet it's on my bucket list along with a ride up the coast highway to Alaska.

There used to be a couple I knew that rode anywhere there ride pointed them,there is always that page to pull out) stay safe & enjoy the ride 

• 1855 posts
    March 20, 2019 7:08 AM PDT

[blockquote]blurplebuzz said:

Good to hear that you & Gypsy are doing way betterNot sure if you ever hit Yellowstone,yet it's on my bucket list along with a ride up the coast highway to Alaska.

There used to be a couple I knew that rode anywhere there ride pointed them,there is always that page to pull out) stay safe & enjoy the ride 

[/blockquote]

Yep, been to Yellowstone.  I have a daughter who lives in North Pole, Alaska with her family.  They love it there.  Personally, I've never felt the desire to endure a roadtrip to Alaska.  While I know it is beautiful and would be an adventure, other adventures were priorities on my bucket list.  Alaska might be at the bottom of that list but I'm pretty sure I'm not up for it anymore. I have a number of friends who, in their younger days made the journey, tell stories of the journey.