R.I.P Ray

• 5419 posts
    October 17, 2018 1:41 PM PDT

We lost our very good friend Raymond Atwood just a short while ago. For the first time in a while now he is resting peacefully and no longer suffering . Our prayers go out to him and his family. Ride on my Brother, ride on. We will always love you and remember you.

This post was edited by EventMan at December 30, 2023 3:00 PM PST
    • 5419 posts
    October 17, 2018 1:46 PM PDT

Many here know Ray, especially if you have ever been to the Redwood Run.  For thos who were not lucky engough to have met him, Ray was a great man, a true biker and a lover of life.  

Ray served over 30 years in the U.S. Navy and somehow during that time managed to put more miles on his motorcycles each year than most will in a lifetime. He loved his trips to Sturgis & Daytona and his most favorite rally - The Redwood Run - which is where I was lucky enough to meet Ray many years back. And if spending most of his time in a submarine or on a motorcycle wasn't enough, he also had time to father a son, Travis, who is now a junior in high school.

Ray retired from the Navy as a Master Chief eleven years ago and has been enjoying life to the fullest since. I can't remember ever seeing Ray not enjoying himself. Although Ray has done some really, and I mean REALLY crazy stuff, he has always been a wonderful person who cared about everyone and would do anything for anyone, so I know there is a place saved just for him in heaven. From this point on I will no longer think of thunder as a scientific phenomenon, from this point on when I hear thunder I will think of Ray riding his Big Dog in heaven.

I love you brother and we will meet again!

This post was edited by EventMan at October 18, 2018 7:28 AM PDT
    • 19007 posts
    October 18, 2018 6:55 AM PDT

Sad to hear this...I remember many chats with Ray over the internet. Never met him in person but I knew he was a great guy. 

Ride Forever Free Brother!

This post was edited by RexTheRoadDog at October 18, 2018 6:56 AM PDT
    • 295 posts
    October 21, 2018 4:55 PM PDT

R.I.P.

• 3006 posts
    October 25, 2018 8:18 PM PDT

Please accept my condolences for the loss of a good friend & a fellow rider.

• 5 posts
    October 27, 2018 8:23 PM PDT

Have many miles with my Brother Ray next to me, mostly in the rain it seems.  

Ride on in Heaven Ray, miss ya Brother

• 5419 posts
    August 13, 2019 8:18 AM PDT

The cremains of our dear friend Master Chief Ray Atwood, US Navy (ret), were committed to the sea from the deck of the submarine USS Scranton on July 19, 2019. Here are some pictures and documents sent to the family by the US Navy. Rest in Peace my friend, you are at home, at sea.

This post was edited by Lucky at August 13, 2019 8:19 AM PDT
    • 16798 posts
    August 13, 2019 6:06 PM PDT

God Bless and rest well.

• 19007 posts
    August 14, 2019 9:55 AM PDT