The best motorcycles for women

• 2 posts
    August 28, 2017 8:49 AM PDT

• 468 posts
    September 13, 2017 12:50 PM PDT

I respectfully disagree.

• 5417 posts
    September 13, 2017 1:17 PM PDT

I agree with Claudia's respectful disagreement.  What makes these the 'best' motorcycles for women???  Does that mean they are not good for men???

• 16626 posts
    September 14, 2017 6:34 AM PDT

I too have always wondered why some are considered girls bikes. Riding has nothing to do with gender. A bike should physically fit the rider, and fit their riding style/skill.

• 835 posts
    September 14, 2017 8:36 AM PDT

After reading through a few of the blogs on the site the image linked to, you can easily tell they do not post blogs to share any useful info but more just blogs that have popular topics to get traffic to their site.  Probably not even a rider, but a professional blog writer posting this stuff.

• September 14, 2017 8:51 AM PDT

[blockquote]RexTheRoadDog said:

I too have always wondered why some are considered girls bikes. Riding has nothing to do with gender. A bike should physically fit the rider, and fit their riding style/skill.

[/blockquote]

Totally agree, it's all about fitment...

• 468 posts
    September 15, 2017 8:34 AM PDT

I have always said the Sportster is the WORST bike for a female. High center of gravity. Definitely not built for a females natural strengths.

• 16626 posts
    September 16, 2017 6:48 AM PDT

[blockquote]cnciaco said:

I have always said the Sportster is the WORST bike for a female. High center of gravity. Definitely not built for a females natural strengths.

YEP!

[/blockquote]

• 59 posts
    January 25, 2018 9:05 AM PST

Still looking for that perfect bike for my wife.  She is riding a V-Star 650 now (first bike) but still finds it a bit awkward when walking it around. When we were shopping for this one we tried several HD's and all were too big/heavy for her.  Since she is rather height impaired (only 5'3") it will be fun when she decides it is time to move on to something newer with a bit more power.

• 16626 posts
    January 26, 2018 5:31 AM PST

There are not many good bikes with low seat height. That makes it very difficult for anyone shorter than my not so towering 5'8". Hell I had to have Rex (04 Road King) lowered 2" front and back. That lower seat height came with the price of harsher ride (def not good for someone with lower back problems). I guess that is why I see so many females (because they are shorter) on trikes now.

This post was edited by RexTheRoadDog at January 26, 2018 5:33 AM PST
    • 3 posts
    April 15, 2021 12:53 PM PDT

My wife loves motorcycles, but she's a little short, so I'm looking for a bike that's not too tall for her. 

I am in the bulletproof glass cost business and I want to buy a motorcycle for my wife. 

• April 21, 2021 1:47 AM PDT

looking for a comfortable motorcycle for my wife... thx