Front wheel noise

• June 14, 2017 9:38 AM PDT

On the 06 street glide I have a slight noise in the front wheel at just about 40 MPH. It is a wo wo wo kind of noise. I really don't think it's bearings, however I was wondering because it has a custom wheel I was thinking maybe the spokes at that speed create the noise.

Does this sound plausable at all.

Has anyone ever experienced this kind of noise.

Any help will be appreciated

Night Dragon

• 5419 posts
    June 14, 2017 9:58 AM PDT

A quick way to see if it is cause by wind noise would be to somehow disrupt the air flow at the spokes.  You could try something simple like masking tape across the spoke openings.

It is also possibly coming from the brakes.  Warped rotor maybe?

• 44 posts
    June 14, 2017 1:55 PM PDT
    It's wheel bearing check rear my rear bearing was making noise I could have sworn it as coming from front turned out I put on lift and it was rear just a thought
  • June 15, 2017 5:43 PM PDT

Futher investigation revealed the source of the noise...........The front brake pucks that push out the brake pads onto the rotor were dirty

with brake dust and was causing the pads basically to float bouncing onto and off of the rotor.......hence the noise. Cleaning the pucks and receating them fixed the problem, plus I have a lot more front brake pressure.

Night Dragon 

• 44 posts
    June 18, 2017 11:23 AM PDT
    That was my next suggestion just kidding but I have read that somewhere before glad you found it also good info for other thats one of those maintenance thing we over look ride safe
    This post was edited by speedyre at June 18, 2017 11:24 AM PDT