People with BIG Hearts

• January 30, 2017 5:15 AM PST

It's normal for people to hang with folks of like insterest, ie...Hot Rod clubs, Jeep Clubs, Bands, Golfers, Surfers, song writers, .......etc, but I think Bikers are a special breed. Not only do we love the freedom of the open road, we Love giving back, and helping others. I'm amazed every morning when I log onto the site and see the many different Groups setting up rides for different types of people in need.

I will never forget when I lived in California back in the 70's I rode one year to the Toys For Tots Ride at the Rose Bowl. I remember seeing maybe 100 Hells Angles with Teddy Bears and such straped onto the Bikes all in formation entering the grounds. What a site that was.

I just want you all to know how Proud I am to be assosiated with such BIG Hearted, giving people. You People are the BOMB!

Ride Safe, and may you all be Blessed

EventMan keep up the good work!

Night Dragon

This post was edited by Deleted Member at January 30, 2017 5:18 AM PST
    • 5420 posts
    February 2, 2017 7:05 AM PST

yep, no doubt that bikers have a true sense of brotherhood among themselves and also go out of their way to help others any chance they get.

I love to go through the calendar here on CycleFish and see that normally about 60 - 70%% of the events listed are pure charity events and a good number of the remaining events have some tie to also helping a charity or cause.

• 44 posts
    February 2, 2017 7:16 PM PST

I know what you mean Kenny I usally dont talk about personal thing in a public setting but this is like family its been a hard last couple years see the wife is battling stage 4 cancer last summer she and I went for her tretment on a friday afternoon on the way home she was so sick but we saw a few bike on the road on our drive home and with tears in her eyes she said you know the cancer ride is tommorow I said yea but thats ok she said"what do you mean by that" I was well I didnt think we were riding she said "why not that guy need us he's got cancer"The next morning she was up and ready to ride her own bike ove 200 miles just to support thats how we Roll no one at the ride even Knew she was sick shes my rock but thats how true bikers are they all have a giving heart so next time those of you out there see a group of bikers out there dont judge them they just might be on there way to or from a charity event Check out B.A.C.A web site they Rock Keep up the good work and ride free 

• February 3, 2017 3:15 AM PST

[blockquote]speedyre said:

I know what you mean Kenny I usally dont talk about personal thing in a public setting but this is like family its been a hard last couple years see the wife is battling stage 4 cancer last summer she and I went for her tretment on a friday afternoon on the way home she was so sick but we saw a few bike on the road on our drive home and with tears in her eyes she said you know the cancer ride is tommorow I said yea but thats ok she said"what do you mean by that" I was well I didnt think we were riding she said "why not that guy need us he's got cancer"The next morning she was up and ready to ride her own bike ove 200 miles just to support thats how we Roll no one at the ride even Knew she was sick shes my rock but thats how true bikers are they all have a giving heart so next time those of you out there see a group of bikers out there dont judge them they just might be on there way to or from a charity event Check out B.A.C.A web site they Rock Keep up the good work and ride free 

[/blockquote]

Randy man that post moved me to tears. You have a great wife that loves you to the moon and back. The two of you are truley blessed.

May the Lord dispatch his Angles to watch over, and protect you two.

Be safe Brother....Night Dragon

• 3006 posts
    February 3, 2017 2:10 PM PST

When I first started back to riding and my ride a lot younger feeling,all my runs were charity events/poker runs.Had some of the greatest times ever.Made quite a few casual friends riding and a few long term for which I have been blessed.There is a unseen bond that binds all of us who ride together and make the whole greater than the sum of it's parts.With enough heart to encompass even those less fortunate than we,who are able to ride.The charitys are our way of saying thanks & we want to show support for a worthy cause.

great post Speedyre & ND thanks !

Stay Safe & Enjoy the Ride