What does Complacently mean

• January 22, 2017 1:50 PM PST

Well I fount out Thursday afternoon the true meaning of the word "COMPLACENTLY".......

While working on a wood project on the table SAW I learned the meaning...............While cutting a piece of cedar long ways something went wrong, and it happened very quickly. My left (clutch hand) pointing finger was cut half off from the first knuckle forward, and my F%$# you finger was damanged pretty bad. The Droctor was able to sew up that finger, however the other part of my pointing finger remained inside my glove in my shop.

Point being....no matter what you are doing it's really easy to become Complacent, and bad things can happen!!!!!!!

I elected NOT to add a picture with this post

Be Safe out there

Night Dragon

• 57 posts
    January 22, 2017 2:12 PM PST

Sorry to hear about your hand Dragon, hopefully you heal up quick, 

Take Care 

• 44 posts
    January 22, 2017 4:24 PM PST

Wow sorry to hear this just a word from experice make damn sure you keep it clean and work with it if we ever meet you will see why i say this

• 19004 posts
    January 23, 2017 5:07 AM PST

Power tools take only an instant to bite you. My wife discovered what you did a year ago. 100% attention required. Heal Quick Kenny!

• 2 posts
    January 23, 2017 7:55 AM PST
    That seriously sucks...
    • 5417 posts
    January 23, 2017 4:29 PM PST

Well damn Kenny I am real sorry to hear that you hurt yourself.  Hope all is healing okay.

I know what you mean about becoming complacent when doing something that has almost become second nature.  I have had a couple of close calls using power tools.  Normally just going too fast and forgetting to do all safety checks because you have done it 1000 times before

• 16 posts
    January 24, 2017 7:17 AM PST

Sorry to hear , hope it heals up without any problems !

Things can happen so fast , a while back I was using a hand held power planer , something slipped , and the end of my left thumb was gone !

• January 24, 2017 7:19 AM PST

Thanks everyone for your concern......

PEACE

Night Dragon

• 3006 posts
    January 24, 2017 5:20 PM PST

Hope you are recovering well & heal up good. Being complacent is never your friend ! How many times has it bitten all of us in the ass?!?! In one form or another.Like any good rehab do the PT and make sure to follow the doc's orders.Sending healing thoughts ! Take care of yourself.

• February 2, 2017 6:11 AM PST

Well I just can't walk away from my Table Saw and my projects, so I ordered one of these from Amazon.

Will give a review after receiving it.

Night Dragon

• February 6, 2017 5:13 AM PST

Well after watching the Super Bowl last night, I'm pretty sure the Atlanta Facolns now understand what COMPLACENTY means!

Have a great day everyone.......oh except the city on Atlanta.

Night Dragon

• 19004 posts
    February 6, 2017 6:07 AM PST

That Micro-jig is a good tool. I have considered buying one. 90% of my table saw cuts are done with a home made crosscut sled which is inherently safer. Do a you-tube search and you will find many designs for them.

• February 7, 2017 5:23 AM PST

Used the new tool yesterday, and it performs very well. Great concept, and I feel safe using it.

Be Safe Out There

Night Dragon

• February 8, 2017 6:03 AM PST

OH yea by the way this is what I was making for the Wife, from old wood, when I mangled my fingers. I have been going twice a week to wound care and the digits are starting to look pretty good.

Be safe out there

Night Dragon

This post was edited by Deleted Member at February 8, 2017 6:05 AM PST
    • 5417 posts
    February 8, 2017 10:29 AM PST

What does complacently mean?

It means the Patriots get another Superbowl Ring

• 19004 posts
    February 9, 2017 3:29 AM PST

[blockquote]Lucky said:

What does complacently mean?

It means the Patriots get another Superbowl Ring

Sorry, but they are the best...

• 3006 posts
    February 9, 2017 3:45 PM PST

Glad to hear you are doing better, ND !!

Looks like you have a talent for putting together some nice stuff.One of these days I hope to have a good workspace n try my hand at forging some metal, been watching too much Forged n Fire lately !!!

Keep at it,you could probably ebay or auction a lot of stuff online. I have known a few folk who sell their art online

stay safe & enjoy the ride.

• 5417 posts
    February 11, 2017 8:26 AM PST

Good you are on the mend.

I really like the jewlery hanger too.

• 16795 posts
    February 11, 2017 8:59 AM PST

[blockquote]NightDragon said:

Well I just can't walk away from my Table Saw and my projects, so I ordered one of these from Amazon.

Will give a review after receiving it.

Night Dragon

[/blockquote]

Good Idea, making cuts like that have always nerved me up a bit.