This is why there called the "Smokies"

• January 16, 2017 5:05 AM PST

I took this from the deck of the cabin at 7:45 am.........and this is not fire smoke, just the normal fog that gave the Smoky Mountains there name.

Have a safe and blessed day

Night Dragon

• 57 posts
    January 16, 2017 5:51 AM PST

Blue Ridge, gotta luv it

This post was edited by Hunter55 at January 16, 2017 5:53 AM PST
    • 3006 posts
    January 18, 2017 10:26 AM PST

Nice shot.It reminds me of where I live when the tule fogs settle over the lake nearby.It can get really thick and looks like smoke or pollution take your pick LOL

When I was growing up out here the smog used to get so bad,you could barely see 50 yards away.Thank goodness we have cleaned up the air somewhat so the kids don't have to deal with that filth like they do in other countries still.

stay safe & enjoy the ride 

• 1 posts
    May 1, 2017 11:53 AM PDT

[blockquote]NightDragon said:

I took this from the deck of the cabin at 7:45 am.........and this is not fire smoke, just the normal fog that gave the Smoky Mountains there name.

Have a safe and blessed day

Night Dragon

[/blockquote]

NightDragon:

Up unitl last February, I lived in Newport since 1980.....That is one of the biggest things I missed, since moving to Houston.

I would go all the time, to English Mountain, The Gulf, Hall's Top, Rocky Top, Max patch, Harmon's Den.....just not on the bike.

• 5417 posts
    May 2, 2017 5:20 AM PDT

Very cool pic NightDragon.  I used to go to the Smokies all the time when I was in Florida.  Few years back my oldest son got married in Gaitlinburg (his wife's family is in Maggie Valley)

• 19007 posts
    May 2, 2017 6:32 AM PDT

One of the Great things about the Smokies is they are not far from Lynchburg.