Radiators

• December 31, 2016 5:44 AM PST

OK...Here is a mod I have been thinking about for a while and would like to get some input on how to go about it  - On my 2016 Street Glide it has the radiators in the lower fairings, and I would like to be able to remove the fairings during the summer to get more air flow across the engine and legs / feet, especially for the passenger. Does anyone have any ideas how to remove the radiators and possibly attach them to the frame downtubes without it looking like a redneck ride you would see in a Walmart parking lot? Maybe some custom chrome covers for them?? Any ideas / suggestions?

• 57 posts
    December 31, 2016 3:39 PM PST

Lol, maybe do as I did get an Ultra Classic,Sorry no Help I know

This post was edited by Hunter55 at December 31, 2016 3:39 PM PST
  • January 1, 2017 2:55 AM PST

Hunter55 - I did have a 2010 Ultra Limited with no radiators that I took the lowers off every summer and it was nice to have the air flow:

Man....I miss that bike.......

Anyway, I'm just trying to figure out if it can be done. I've read on other forums to just remove the hoses and plug the ports to the heads. Really don't think I want to try that..........

• 1855 posts
    January 1, 2017 3:15 AM PST

I"m pretty sure it's not going to happen with the "Limited" without some major alteration. Harley explained that there is plenty of air flow but personally I don't see how that could be. Good luck .

Red Hair and Black Leather

My favorite color scheme