Stock Air Filter

• November 7, 2016 12:04 PM PST

I have the stock high flow air filter on my 2016 CVO Street Glide. I have done the V&H exhaust with SE Race Tuner and Dyno.

Will it hurt if I replace the filter with a K&N filter? Or will I need to go back for the tuner job again?

• 5417 posts
    November 7, 2016 4:15 PM PST

I have really never noticed that mush of a difference in air flow between the HD high flow and the K&N.  Actually if I remember correctly K&N was contracted to make the SE filters for HD up until a couple years ago.

My suggestion would be to see if there was any noticable difference in performance and then determine if you need to re-tune.

• November 8, 2016 3:37 AM PST

Thanks Lucky - I have always liked the K&N filters on everything from cars to bikes (except on a Cummins diesel..made my mileage go down pretty bad...gotta stay with a dry filter there) - I think I will try it and see if there is any difference - Just didn't know if the K&N would give more air than the stock high flow would and require a retune.......

• April 23, 2017 6:01 AM PDT

I finally put the K&N filter on my bike. No noticable difference in performance. Sure does look a lot cooler than the stock white filter though. Sorry it took so long for the update, been out of touch lately.

• 5417 posts
    April 25, 2017 9:41 AM PDT

Glad it all worked out

• 13 posts
    May 5, 2017 1:28 AM PDT

Have a k&n filter. It's not a performance booster but it looks great and no dripping.