Got The Phone Call Today

• 4 posts
    April 19, 2016 12:17 PM PDT
     My bro back in WI called. Our Father has been doing poorly the last year or so. He's 82 now and has been suffering from COPD from his youth working w Asbestos. I'm sitting here trying to type and tears are def flowing. My Daddy put me on mini bike at age of 5 and I've been riding since. Too many stories, he used to Trail Ride w a Triumph Bonneville that his dirt track buddies Balanced for him, f'ing thing was WICKED. He made sure I learned to hunt n fish...He Never made it past 6th Grade due to life on the farm. He's always been tougher than Whang Leather, was known for his Explosive behavior and would come at Anyone, if provoked, he went on to own a half dozen  business's in Omaha, was great friends w Hugh Harger, Michael Rosenblum & Warren Buffet-they really liked him and took him under their wings...Hugh left my Father a cpl businesses and part of man-made Lake in NE when he died in his will. Dad gave it ALL back to his family. He eventually became a millionaire a few times over. Retired at 48 to go back to the Northwoods and play...

I'm sitting in my tent in KS and checking weather forecasts for Waterloo, Albert Lea & Wausau. I gotta get home, he may not be alive when I get there.
    Please send out some goodness for me...it looks like a 2 day break in weather up there this Friday/Saturday, I'm gonna make a run for it. Got to. 
    I'm Hurting Bad

• 57 posts
    April 19, 2016 12:57 PM PDT
    Prayers to you and your family

Strength and Peace
    • 4 posts
    April 19, 2016 1:36 PM PDT
    Thanks Buddy!
    I'm dealing w my kids now bout their grandpa. Sucks.
    He took me to Sturgis when I was 14, bought me a 250 Bultaco Pursang and had his buddies throw a light kit on it & we strapped a back pack on the fender to hide the fact there were NO plates, stuck me in the middle of a group of his buddies and we spent 4 days cruising to Sturgis & Stopping early everyday at prearranged camps so we could hit the dirt each eve. Its one of my fav memories in my life. Love that ol man.
    Rev yer bike for Roger next time you climb on.
    • 3006 posts
    April 19, 2016 4:40 PM PDT
    Have a safe journey & hope for the best. It is never easy seeing a loved one suffer, stay positive.

Stay Safe & Enjoy The Ride
    • 19007 posts
    April 19, 2016 9:53 PM PDT
    Prayers and good thoughts for you and your family.
    • 846 posts
    April 20, 2016 12:22 AM PDT
    Safe journey and my thoughts are with you.
  • April 20, 2016 1:01 AM PDT
    HEY Bro sorry to hear about your Father but take pride in the fact that you come from a Dog most are not so lucky, handle your business an keep your mind on the road
    B SAFE
  • April 20, 2016 1:06 AM PDT
    Hey Brother sounds like your Dad was one hell of a Man, sorry to hear about his condition. Be safe going home.
    My Prayers go out to you and your family.
    Night Dragon
    • 4 posts
    April 20, 2016 2:14 AM PDT
    Thanx Everybody. I got a window in the weather and am heading out Fri morn from here at 1am. I should be fine.
    He was One Hell of a Man for sure
    • 4 posts
    April 20, 2016 4:10 AM PDT
    Got camp bout packed up am gonna run to Gardner & stay w my eldest daughter till 1am Fri morn, gonna put on me cold weather gear and pound it North. Figure I should hit Albert Lea/LaCrosse area mid morning when temps are bearable then it's only 3-4 hrs North. I talked w Dad last night... Sounds awful but He Promised me he'd be waiting for me. He's worried bout me damnit. Told him that was Silly cuz I was taught to ride by the best Dad ever and I'd be fine.
    • 58 posts
    April 20, 2016 5:40 AM PDT
    Sending prayers!
    • 1 posts
    April 20, 2016 11:46 AM PDT
    Sorry to hear all this. I hope you make to your father safely and speedy. Deep healing breaths.
    • 4 posts
    April 20, 2016 12:51 PM PDT
    I surely appreciate the warm thoughts and kind words. I'm at my daughter's now. Gonna spend a lil Time w my grandsons. We've been trading memories of their great grandpa. Sad but it is helping them & me. Forecast is holding, I just gotta wait till early morning Friday and I'm gone.
    Thanks ALL!!!!

• 16795 posts
    April 20, 2016 3:37 PM PDT
    May God bless you and your family my friend.
  • April 21, 2016 9:10 AM PDT
    So sorry to hear this.  Sending Prayers your way!  Your Father sounds like a wonderful man!
    Prayers for safe travels. 

• 34 posts
    April 22, 2016 1:27 PM PDT
     Blessing your way my fellow rider
    • 611 posts
    May 16, 2016 8:00 AM PDT
    Cunningman69... it's been 26 days since the last update. How did the ride go? Did ya make it in time to see your Dad before he checked out?
    Respect to you and your family... and especially your Dad. 'He done it right'...
    Edgeman
    • 4 posts
    January 20, 2017 10:11 PM PST
    Im so sorry for being remiss in updates....i did a gas n go run from Gardner KS to Summit Lake Wi and i pull into my dads place. Climb off bike and go into garage and knock....no answer! Im thinkin bad crap and Nobody around. I call my bro and tell him im at the ol man's but nobody is there, im expecting bad juju and my bro chuckles and says, Have ya tried His phone??? I respond in the negative and he says, Try it...i call my dads cell and he Answers! He says Ill be there in 20 minutes, im in the woods on my CanAm....ol fart rallied!
    • 4 posts
    January 20, 2017 10:11 PM PST
    Im so sorry for being remiss in updates....i did a gas n go run from Gardner KS to Summit Lake Wi and i pull into my dads place. Climb off bike and go into garage and knock....no answer! Im thinkin bad crap and Nobody around. I call my bro and tell him im at the ol man's but nobody is there, im expecting bad juju and my bro chuckles and says, Have ya tried His phone??? I respond in the negative and he says, Try it...i call my dads cell and he Answers! He says Ill be there in 20 minutes, im in the woods on my CanAm....ol fart rallied!
    • 58 posts
    February 14, 2017 9:34 AM PST

Good to hear. Hope all is still going well.