Problems with C/F site

• 57 posts
    January 3, 2016 1:54 AM PST
     Just wondering if anyone else is having problem with the C/F site, i've been having difficulties posting replies and on several occasions haven't been able to log into the site.my computer seem to freeze, im not having trouble on any other sites as far as I know ,Thanks in Advance
    • 57 posts
    January 3, 2016 1:57 AM PST
    I should have mentioned this started after shutting down computer before going on vacation and being off for a few weeks
    • 5417 posts
    January 3, 2016 2:22 AM PST
    I just noticed it myself. I am going to look into it.

Anyone else seeing any problems?
    • 10 posts
    January 3, 2016 2:30 AM PST
    I have experienced problems waiting for the change from "home" to "browse latest"
    • 19004 posts
    January 3, 2016 2:33 AM PST

• January 3, 2016 3:03 AM PST
    same as Hunter55 freezing up some
    • 27 posts
    January 3, 2016 6:00 AM PST
    Having a hard time logging on
    • 4 posts
    January 3, 2016 10:21 AM PST
    Same/Same here.
    • 19004 posts
    January 3, 2016 10:40 AM PST
    Working great right now!
    • 5417 posts
    January 3, 2016 3:02 PM PST
    Think I found the problem but it is going to require taking the site down for about 30 mintutes to an hour to fix. Probably do it late tomorrow night.
    • 57 posts
    January 3, 2016 11:07 PM PST
    Good to hear,glad it wasn't the Apple products here
    • 57 posts
    January 3, 2016 11:19 PM PST
    Don't know if you have done any work yet but it seems to be better today, Thanks
  • January 4, 2016 1:11 AM PST
    1/4/2016 10:00 AM EST and working great
    • 5417 posts
    January 4, 2016 10:18 AM PST
    I did a little work last night to 'help' the problem, but I still need to shut the site down and make some changes tonight.

Please post here any problems you experience. If you could include the exact time you saw the problem, that would be very helpful.

Also, if you were having problems I would appreciate when you notice things working better
    • 57 posts
    January 4, 2016 10:55 AM PST
    I have logged in several times today to see if I was still having issue's, I can't recall any problems at all.
    Thanks Ron
    • 19004 posts
    January 5, 2016 9:44 PM PST
    Seems much Improved!!! ATTA BOY!!!
    • 5417 posts
    January 6, 2016 6:54 AM PST
    Thanks Mike. I think we corrected the major issue.

Please everyone continue to let us know if you notice any problems with the site!
    • 5417 posts
    February 11, 2016 1:30 AM PST
    Once again I must apologize for the site being out most of this morning. This one was 100% MY FAULT!

I had to make a small fix that should have taken a couple of minutes. I set my alarm and got up at 1:30 am, put the site in "maintenance mode", made the fix and tested it. Then I went back to bed without putting the site back online :-(

As you can see it is back now and working fine.

The main reason we are seeing so many problems recently is that we have outgrown the resources on our current servers. Normally we would just upgrade to a server with more resources, but that takes a lot of time and effort. Since we are almost finished with a major upgrade to the site that should be ready in about a month and is already running on a new more powerful server, we are trying to keep our focus on that project and keep the existing site running right where it is in the meantime.

Again, sorry for the outage last night and this morning. It is one thing when the site goes down for reasons beyond our control, but I really hate when it goes down because of my error!

• 2685 posts
    February 11, 2016 2:59 AM PST
    No worries, glad you were able to get things cleaned up.

I can't wait to see the new sight.
    • 10 posts
    February 11, 2016 10:22 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    Once again I must apologize for the site being out most of this morning. This one was 100% MY FAULT!

I had to make a small fix that should have taken a couple of minutes. I set my alarm and got up at 1:30 am, put the site in "maintenance mode", made the fix and tested it. Then I went back to bed without putting the site back online :-(

As you can see it is back now and working fine.

The main reason we are seeing so many problems recently is that we have outgrown the resources on our current servers. Normally we would just upgrade to a server with more resources, but that takes a lot of time and effort. Since we are almost finished with a major upgrade to the site that should be ready in about a month and is already running on a new more powerful server, we are trying to keep our focus on that project and keep the existing site running right where it is in the meantime.

Again, sorry for the outage last night and this morning. It is one thing when the site goes down for reasons beyond our control, but I really hate when it goes down because of my error!

I hope this isn't taken out of your pay. 
    • 19004 posts
    February 11, 2016 8:33 PM PST

• 5417 posts
    February 19, 2016 2:03 AM PST
    Once again I must apologize for the short outage that just occurred. We had a few things that had to be done that required the site to go off line. Do to a total screw up in calculating time zones we did it 6 hours later than we planned.
    • 19004 posts
    February 19, 2016 8:31 PM PST
    That's OK Dude!