R. I. P. Hooter

• October 10, 2015 12:36 PM PDT
     Missing you already my friend. Until we ride again...
    • 5420 posts
    October 10, 2015 5:05 PM PDT
    WOW.  I cannot believe that our good friend Hooter is no longer with us.  We met him at the first Redwood Run we ever attended in 2004 and became good friends... camping together EVERY Redwood Run since.  Even though we only saw him once a year, Laura and I considered him a very close friend.

Rest in Peace my Friend... You will be missed by many

I will find some more photos of Hooter enjoy life and us enjoying him as a friend and post them soon.  Here is the last one I could find of him and I
    • 57 posts
    October 10, 2015 9:51 PM PDT
    Condolence's to all friends and family
    • 19034 posts
    October 11, 2015 1:33 AM PDT
    Rest in Peace and Ride Forever Free Hooter!
    • 277 posts
    October 11, 2015 3:48 AM PDT
    I'm so sad. Will miss you terribly, Hooter. Redwood Run won't be the same without you.
    • 5420 posts
    October 12, 2015 4:05 AM PDT
    Everyone who knew Hooter knew he love to spend time behind the camera (hence the full name of Hooter Shooter) and wasn't much for being in front of the camera.  However I did find these pictures of Hooter taken at the Redwood Run over the past 10 years or so.  As you can see Hooter really enjoyed life...
    • 1516 posts
    October 12, 2015 6:13 AM PDT
    Ride free my friend, we will miss you!
    • 1855 posts
    October 12, 2015 9:39 AM PDT
    Memories in pictures are always nice. Didn't know the man but one can get a sense of who he was through the pics you shared with us. Having lost so many friends over the years I empathize and offer my condolences. Our lives would've been nothing without our friends and what friends do for one another. After they've passed I still remember their faces, their smiles, and how they made a difference in my life. Obviously Hooter was a special person to many.
    • 5420 posts
    October 12, 2015 10:21 AM PDT
    Yes Jimmy, we are glad there were a number of pictures of Hooter... I have been going back and looking at them for a couple of days now and each time I do the sadness of his passing goes away and I smile about the good times we had.
    • 3006 posts
    October 14, 2015 10:32 AM PDT
    My condolences Lucky and to all his loved ones.

Sounds like he was a great person.May he R.I.P.
    • 5420 posts
    October 14, 2015 10:47 AM PDT
    Thank you everyone for the kind words.

I spoke to a member of Hooter's family and have the info on his memorial services...

Hooter Shooter's services will be held at the Henchmen Motorcycle Clubhouse on October 25th at 1pm. All Hooters friends are invited to come and say your last words to him and to enjoy the celebration of life..

The Clubhouse is located at 330 Lewelling Blvd., San Lorenzo, CA (between Usher St and Tracy St - across from the paint store parking lot)

I got some other details too... like Hooter's real name. Even after knowing him for 11 years not, like many I have always just known him as Hooter Shooter.

His name was Jim, James Vernon Reser, he was 67 years old and he passed away from lung cancer.