2008 sporster cough,sputter!

• 4 posts
    March 30, 2015 1:00 PM PDT
     HD 2008 1200 sporster studder,coughnot consistent when turning throttle fills like its missing not bad but bad enough to b annoying fuel good spark good(plugs) wires good air filter ok no vac leaks, 02 sensor good.thinking its a fuel problem fuel? pin hole,junk in fuel filter,crank sensor sure any other guesses could be a worn wire for injectors anything would help thanks. (fuel injected)
    • 10 posts
    March 30, 2015 1:25 PM PDT
    How long has it been sitting?
    Did you ride it last year with no problem?
    Did you put new gas in the tank? Fuel filter?
    Have you pulled and checked the spark plugs?
    Have you checked the battery to see if it is fully charged? ... Injected motors need a certain voltage to work.

Please change your font and/or font size. When I read your post I feel like my glasses need a new prescription.
    • 4 posts
    March 31, 2015 2:27 AM PDT
    Yes checked all replaced about everything you mentioned I got it a couple yrs ago been that way since I got it, fuel filter next on the list. I'd say that why the guy got rid of, rides and runs good except the coughing, sorry about the text I copied and pasted.
    • 86 posts
    April 2, 2015 12:47 PM PDT
    my wife has a 1996 sporster 1200. Hers coughs and spits till it warms up. Hers is carberated with a manual choke. No problems after it warms up.
  • April 3, 2015 1:15 AM PDT
    Have you done a compression check?
    • 4 posts
    April 3, 2015 7:04 AM PDT
    No compression check yet but it seams to be ok but I will check it,so far I have took parts off my 883 that are compatable
    Swiched injectors swaping fuel cell/filter. Off subject rear tire ate my turn single wire but that's the least of my worries putting factory intake back on but that's not it,changed out before. Went to harley dealer asked about putting it on dyno he said it's the nature of the beast,since its not throwing codes it probably wouldn't show anything. I'll keep up dated! Thx
    • 5 posts
    April 12, 2015 8:06 AM PDT
    Welcome from Washington State
    • 4 posts
    April 29, 2015 12:16 AM PDT
    Same changed all
  • April 29, 2015 6:38 AM PDT
    Have you already replaced the fuel pump?