Is being a biker Illegal in Australia

• February 9, 2015 8:48 AM PST
    We recently wrote a new blog about the Bikies and Biker clubs / gangs in Australia. Give it a read and some feedback..

"It seems bikers in Australia, specifically Queenlands have come under attack recently by their Parliament regarding their right to basic assembly. The ultra-conservative government has proposed a series of laws that would treat ALL biker clubs as criminal organizations and in doing so will place serious restrictions on members’ right to assemble, their right to tour together as a group, display club logos and colors, etc. This is simply unthinkable! Read on and find out what is really going on in the Land Down Under... "

Read the complete article here...

http://mythslegendsandtales.blogspot.com/2015/02/the-founders-and-employees-of-long-ride.html />

• 5419 posts
    February 10, 2015 4:40 AM PST
    After reading the article all I can say is WOW - Un-f'n believable. So many thoughts popped into my head as to why this is not right, unfair and just plain stupid that I can't even organize them to write them here.

Just an un-f'n believable thought process used to "justify" these laws.
    • 10 posts
    February 10, 2015 6:09 AM PST
    My thoughts were; This could be a catalyst in unifying clubs for survival and freedom.
    • 5419 posts
    February 10, 2015 7:19 AM PST
    Good point George. Might be seeing a lot of clubs that don't usually work together uniting against this.

Maybe our buddy Boof can chime in on that?
    • 19007 posts
    February 11, 2015 9:49 PM PST
    Yes Un EFFIN Real!
  • February 12, 2015 6:46 AM PST
    Thank you all for the replies...let us know what you would like to read more about!
    • 0 posts
    February 12, 2015 4:48 PM PST
    Righti-bloody-o! Gday all the new kids. Im BOOF. I live in Queensland. I run a bike shop. I ride. As a result of some pretty shit behaviour from some 1% clubs on the tourist strip known as THe Gold Coast shit went sideways. A brawl in a crowded coffee shop filled with tourists with camera phones forced the cops and the governments hand to a certain extent.Its not like the old days when shit was kept at a club level and sorted out of the publics eye. A few bad apples ****** it up for everyone. An innocent sheila gets shot by a big steroid pumped ice affected numbnut in a ******* shopping mall. Steroids and meth are out of control with alot of these blokes.They were getting around like a law unto themselves and not sticking with the code of keeping innocents out of club stuff. The bubble had to burst. So we get a new government and this little shitbag is out to make a name for himself. He introduced a blanket ban on anyone riding in a group larger than 3 people.He lobbied the supreme court to make club logo's criminal gang emblems.( the Rebel flag is illegal in a licenced premisis here). He made it illegal for anyone with a criminal gang affiliation to own certain business and made clubhouse off limits. Motorcycle related business's folded over night. Families were broken up. It was generally shit for anyone who rode a bike. Bike shows stopped. Charity poker runs were no longer raising money for childrens hospitals or families in need.Shit was unbareable. People stopped riding. Everyone was under suspicion.We were all affiliated to someone in a 1% club. THese people were my mates, my customers and we were all living under the threat of being guilty of association. 2 weeks ago we had a state election here in Queensland and a new government got in on the platform of relaxing these laws. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the new mob of lying bastards are gonna stick up our arses now. The criminals are everywhere,not just in bike clubs. The cops have ample laws to prosecute the criminals in clubs. The way things are alot of good people had to suffer for the actions of a few fucktards. So i guess what im saying is it aint illegal to be a biker. Ya just cant be a 1% club member atm.We ride as a social club and have bugger all drama with cops.
    CHEERS BOOF
    • 44 posts
    February 13, 2015 1:59 AM PST
    Well said boof. Keep up the good fight and let f***tards take care of there self ride safe hell just come across the water and stay with us lol
    • 3006 posts
    February 14, 2015 2:39 PM PST
    Seems like the change of gov't will do some good.Hopefully they will abolish these laws.More innocents taking the brunt of it.People losing work.It is sad to see when innocent people get hurt over club feuds or fights ovr territory.
    They should know better. And that meth is bad news everywhere,poor mans cocaine.It is cheap,not that hard to make,and there is apparently a large market for it out there.Perhaps the meth thing will pass given some time,yet it most likely get replaced w/some new cheaper nastier brew.
    I hope they restore all of your riding rights and ability to conduct business & have a club again.If that happened here in America, I would be really surprised.Most folks would not allow that to pass ever into law.
    • 5419 posts
    December 2, 2015 1:53 AM PST
    Anyone know if this was just a temporary enforcement to shake things up or if this is still happening down there.