pittsburgh to florida.

• g
    January 4, 2015 10:16 AM PST
     Looking to do this ..Pittsburgh to florida some Time soon..how Long and how many Miles ...i want to do it in one Day.
    • 79 posts
    January 4, 2015 2:23 PM PST
    On long trips I try to stay under 500 miles a day. I have done longers days but don't enjoy them as much.
    • 1855 posts
    January 5, 2015 12:03 AM PST
    It's 1500 miles.
    • 57 posts
    January 5, 2015 12:32 AM PST
    I guess you could do this in one day,Google Maps say,
    PB- Jacksonville 829 miles
    PB- Dayton 919 miles
    PB- Miami 1175
    Good Luck
    • 5419 posts
    January 5, 2015 1:16 AM PST
    That's a lot of riding in one day. Plus if this is your first time in the area you are going to miss everything trying to do it that fast.
  • g
    January 5, 2015 1:30 AM PST
    Only the top end of florida.
    • 16795 posts
    January 5, 2015 5:22 AM PST
    I live about 100 miles north of Pittsburgh, I've ridden to Florida, I wouldn't want to even try it in one day.
    With road construction, heavy traffic choke points, weather and such..........
  • January 5, 2015 9:32 AM PST
    I road from Pigeon Forge Tenn. to Fort Worth Texas on my 2013 Road Glide last year.....1,050 Miles. I stopped in Little Rock Arkansas for about 3 hours and rested. By the time I got to Dallas 35 miles from Fort Worth I was so tired I started Hallucinating. Scared the crap out of me. Pulled over ate breakfast and it was ok on into Fort Worth. I would suggest not to attempt it.
    Best of luck
    Night Dragon
    • 84 posts
    January 6, 2015 12:52 AM PST
    I did 930 miles last June. Left at 0730 and rolled into my local watering hole at 2355. Made a couple of extra stops for coffee the last few hours and was a bit tired on arrival but woke up normal in the morning.

But that was a lot of miles on these old bones.
    snake
    • 1855 posts
    January 6, 2015 6:44 AM PST
    NightDragon wrote...
    I road from Pigeon Forge Tenn. to Fort Worth Texas on my 2013 Road Glide last year.....1,050 Miles. I stopped in Little Rock Arkansas for about 3 hours and rested. By the time I got to Dallas 35 miles from Fort Worth I was so tired I started Hallucinating. Scared the crap out of me. Pulled over ate breakfast and it was ok on into Fort Worth. I would suggest not to attempt it.
    Best of luck
    Night Dragon

What route did you take brother? Scenic or quickest?

• 1855 posts
    January 6, 2015 6:44 AM PST
    NightDragon wrote...
    Best of luck
    Night Dragon

• 1 posts
    January 6, 2015 9:36 AM PST
    I rode from Danville Va to Fernandina beach in a day, I rolled in at 11pm..lucky it was summer...It's too long to do in one day.
  • January 7, 2015 1:06 AM PST
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    NightDragon wrote...
    Best of luck
    Night Dragon

Just the quickest...40 to 35 then straight in to Fort Worth

• g
    January 15, 2015 12:55 AM PST
    Thanks för the info.
    • 9 posts
    February 7, 2015 5:59 AM PST
    I've riden over 500 in a day, and depending on what you ride...so can you.
    I don't recommend the straight shot, unless you're made of sterner stuff.
    Whoever mentioned all the other "variables" knows what's what. It's easy to get worn out with all that goin' on.

Take it in two. Just to be on the safe side. And when you get to Jax...
    gimme a shout!

Ride Free
    Tweek