27th Annual Harrisburg Motorcycle Swap Meet and Show

• October 15, 2014 4:25 AM PDT
    anyone ever been to this swap meet and know how it is?  is it possible to find running bikes for sale at a decent price or is it all just parts for sale?  its a 4hr ride for me so im just seeing if its worth the drive as I would def want to come home with something.  preferably something very old.
    • 19007 posts
    October 15, 2014 4:28 AM PDT
    I have not been there for a few years. It was mostly vendors, and parts. We stopped going because it got pretty lame. It used to be sponsored by J&P but I think they dropped out of it. I don't remember seeing a lot of bikes for sale but there were a few.
    • 207 posts
    October 15, 2014 4:37 AM PDT
    Like Rex said, it's pretty lame. I live 5 minutes away from the venue and don't even bother going.
  • October 15, 2014 5:44 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    I have not been there for a few years. It was mostly vendors, and parts. We stopped going because it got pretty lame. It used to be sponsored by J&P but I think they dropped out of it. I don't remember seeing a lot of bikes for sale but there were a few.

Thanks Rex,
    im looking for something specific and if its lame ill probably just pass, ive never been to any swap meets so I don't know what to expect.  I was trying to get to the Rhinebeck swapmeet but I missed it by a couple days.  What in your opinion is the best swap meet?  im looking for a vintage bmw r26 26 or 27 any ideas were or what swapmeet might be the best place to get one??  thanks again.
  • October 15, 2014 6:27 AM PDT
    rlibrandi wrote...
    Like Rex said, it's pretty lame. I live 5 minutes away from the venue and don't even bother going.

Thanks rlibradi,
    ill probably just pass on going as its really far for me.  What in your opinion is the best swap meet to get some decent deals?  Im also looking for something specific a bmw r25 26 27.  thanks
    • 19007 posts
    October 16, 2014 1:30 AM PDT
    That Rheinbeck event is good. I have been there twice and it was well worth the ride up. There are a couple meets now in the Philly suburb of Oaks, PA. You might try a google search. I have not been to them though...
    • 207 posts
    October 16, 2014 3:16 AM PDT
    A couple of suggestions - Every fall the Antique Automobile Club of America has a huge meet in Hershey, PA. I've seen a few motorcycles there through the years. Unfortunately you missed it this year - it was last week. It's huge, though!

Something else you can try is Jpmracing302.wix.com/jpmracing. Jim Rice organizes events. He might be able to point you is a good direction. Good luck in your search and post up some pics when you get your hands on one.
  • October 24, 2014 4:56 AM PDT
    rlibrandi wrote...
    A couple of suggestions - Every fall the Antique Automobile Club of America has a huge meet in Hershey, PA. I've seen a few motorcycles there through the years. Unfortunately you missed it this year - it was last week. It's huge, though!

Something else you can try is Jpmracing302.wix.com/jpmracing. Jim Rice organizes events. He might be able to point you is a good direction. Good luck in your search and post up some pics when you get your hands on one.

Thanks ill give him a shout, to bad I missed the pa meet.