R.I.P. Jim "barrix"

• 5420 posts
    July 8, 2014 5:36 AM PDT
    I just heard that another one of our CycleFish members, Jim "barrix" passed away on May 30th.  According to his wife he had heart failure and it was a real shock to everyone. One day he is a normal and the next day, he is gone.

Jim wasn't very active here on CycleFish, but he was a good friend even though I had only known him for a short while.  I met Jim and his wife Karen at Arizona Bike Week last year.  I had ridden the last 60 miles in a down pour and hung out at the gate for about an hour until it stopped raining which meant it was starting to get dark.  I pulled into the camp area and as soon as I unloaded all of my stuff the clouds let loose again.  By the time I could get my stuff out of the rain I turned around and there was Jim and Karen (who I had never met) unrolling and setting up my tent.  After my tent was set up we introduced ourselves and they went back to their tent to dry off.  It was still pouring and I didn't feel like making a store run so I was sitting there under the awning of my tent eating a small piece of jerky with a half a bottle of water I found in my saddle bags. Jim appeared and handed me a fresh made sandwich and a beer.  I became instant friends with Jim & Karen and we spent the rest of the week getting to know each other.  We have stayed in touch and were planning on meeting again at this year's AZ bike week, but I couldn't make it due to family plans... now I really wish I had gone.

Jim was only 62 years old and way too good of a person to go at such a young age.  I am sure he will be missed by many.

My prayers and thoughts are with Jim and Karen and all of Jim's family and friends.

• 3006 posts
    July 8, 2014 6:08 AM PDT
    My condolences to the family,sending prayers & good thoughts their way.
    • 846 posts
    July 8, 2014 8:55 AM PDT
    Sorry to hear, condolences to the family and friends that knew Jim
    • 19034 posts
    July 9, 2014 12:24 AM PDT
    Rest in Peace Jim, Ride Forever Free.
    • 44 posts
    July 9, 2014 4:18 AM PDT
    My deepest sympathy and prayers go out to the family and friends ride free Jim and may the lord wrap his arms around the family and comfort them in there time of need
  • July 10, 2014 9:05 AM PDT
    Ride free Jim!! Thoughts and prayers for your family
    • 1516 posts
    July 10, 2014 9:36 AM PDT
    Sorry to hear or another member passing on, Prayers go out to the family! Him and his wife sound like Gems!