Biker boots

• 17 posts
    May 30, 2014 8:47 AM PDT
     Anyone have any suggestions where to get some riding boots online?  Or brands to look into. 
    • 5419 posts
    May 30, 2014 9:05 AM PDT
    Boot Barn has a pretty good selection of Ladies Motorcycle Boots.  I have gotten a couple pairs for Laura there...

http://www.bootbarn.com/Motorcycle-Boots/Womens_MotorcycleBoots,default,sc.html />
  • May 30, 2014 12:16 PM PDT
    Look at Bates and try to get some Swat team boots or seal team boots. They feel like Tennis shoes on your feet and they lace up with a side zip. Great support on your ankles and very very comfortable to walk in....! I get mine at Academy Sports for 99 bucks.
  • May 30, 2014 1:57 PM PDT
    While I do like the looks of the Harley boots on Lucky's boot barn link, most of them look like fashion after glow boots.I prefer lug soles to secure my footing while riding under different road conditions.My first bike I road with a pair of lace up Bates lug sole swamp boots from Academy.Love them because they were vented and let my feet breathe along with secure ankle support.Second pair were shorter lug sole lace up and buckle.My current pair are Harley zip up lighter weight with smaller lug sole but not as sturdy as the first two pair,even though they cost more they will not hold up to 15k miles behind bars.Worn them since Christmas and they'll be lucky to make it to Christmas 2014 !
  • May 30, 2014 2:16 PM PDT
    I agree with Trippin.
    I have been riding in and wearing Bates boots as a day to day wear boot for over a long time. Good price, great quality, and an attitude to go with your bike.

I first wore Bates boots precursor while I was in the army. I learned while in the service how imortant my feet are and followed the company. They have been great. Theyve been a costant in my life.

http://www.batesfootwear.com/US/en/Sale?CID=MAR-mkwid-BujmqEcO|dc-bates%20boots-e-30258272827--S-Brand
    • 16798 posts
    • 17 posts
    May 30, 2014 5:24 PM PDT
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll be checking them all out.
  • May 31, 2014 1:10 AM PDT
    Just a word of caution.... If you get the Bates waterproof boots, they do work! However, in the summer they can be a little toasty!
    • 3006 posts
    June 1, 2014 3:47 PM PDT
    Recently purchased some Carolina 8' work/ riding boots locally from a shoe store.The store has about every sort of boot imaginable,for different uses.I had no luck finding these online in stock.Tried Boot Barn and it turned out that the local guy had the same boot for only $18 more including tax.spent about 130. for them.They have replaceable vibram soles and are light weight and very comfortable for hiking or riding.
    • 846 posts
    June 2, 2014 7:57 AM PDT
    I wear 8" Chippewa boots, American made comfortable and still look like new after a few years.
    • 284 posts
    June 28, 2014 10:55 PM PDT
    I bought my boots on Amazon.com.  They had a great selection and the boots I bought were cheaper on Amazon than any other site I looked at.  Plus you have the constant reviews which greatly helps in making a selection.

Good luck with your boots.