Newbie!

• May 28, 2014 7:02 AM PDT
     Hey guys I'm current in the process of buying my first motorcycle (I'm currently looking at the Indian Vintage Chief, but it changes daily).  Any way I figured I should join a forum, so here I am!
  • May 28, 2014 10:46 AM PDT
    welcome from oregon. and welcome to the world of motorcycles. ride hard and play safe
  • May 28, 2014 11:37 AM PDT
    Hey....welcome to the site. What part of the country? Tell us about yourself....do you buy the first round???

Trippin
  • May 28, 2014 12:08 PM PDT
    Choosing a bike is based on your personal wants and desires. I love the springer front ends. I enjoy sitting low in the bike rather than on top of it. Right now I ride a 93 Springer with a side car. Not so much enjoyable as practical since I have a couple of kids.
    Before the 93 I owned a couple of rigids. Now that is the kind of ride I enjoyed. You felt like you were a part of the bike and you could really feel the road. I wouldn't recommend that ride for anyone, but that is one you either love or forget. Most people I see on those now just use them for bar hopping. Nothing wrong with that, I bought my 93 so that I had a dependable bike for long hauls. Rigids you tend to have to tighten things up as you go along.
    I always thought the Classic 50's Indian had a great look.
  • May 28, 2014 12:20 PM PDT
    Take a class and learn HOW TO RIDE first. Comfort in how to ride changes your want to ride and the type of ride you buy..go for test drives then make your choice..... Everyone will learn something new with each class that will make them a better and safer rider
    • 16825 posts
    May 28, 2014 3:31 PM PDT

Hello from the Pennsylvania shores of Lake Erie.
  • May 29, 2014 1:32 AM PDT
    Welcome from East Tennessee.....I agree with hgsc90 on taking a riding class. You have just joined a site with a bunch of people that collectively knows just about anything you would ever want to know about Motorcycles. Types of bikes, how to work on bikes, places to ride bikes.........etc.
    Welcome to the Family
    Night Dragon
    • 846 posts
    May 30, 2014 5:26 AM PDT
    Welcome from the Northeast (Massachusetts) of the states.
    • 284 posts
    June 28, 2014 10:59 PM PDT
    Welcome from Coastal Georgia....  Took me about 3 months to find my new bike.