front end bounce

• April 27, 2014 1:41 PM PDT
     i have 04 honda shadow i have a front end bounce seems to be getting worse need ideas thanks
    • 1 posts
    April 27, 2014 3:34 PM PDT
    First thing I would check is the tire. Any unusual wear? Have the balance checked.
  • April 28, 2014 5:14 AM PDT
    Next thing to check are the fork seals. Are they leaking? have they lost fluid? and have you ever had the front forks/suspension serviced?
    • 3006 posts
    April 28, 2014 5:40 AM PDT
    Bad wheel bearings perhaps.Make sure to get a qualified mechanic to look it over.

stay safe & enjoy the ride
    • 19007 posts
    April 29, 2014 6:37 AM PDT
    this is something that needs fixing RIGHT AWAY! So many possibles, tire out of balance, out of round, warped wheel, bad fork seals, one bad fork seal, wheel bearings,just for starters. And as blurplebuzz says...have a qualified mechanic check it out.
    • 1 posts
    April 30, 2014 9:35 AM PDT
    I would like to add one more concern to look at. Rear shocks may not be adjusted to any added weight or you may have exceed the weight limit for the shock setting. My wife rides a C90T and she experiences a high speed wobble when the bike is loaded with luggage and fails to adjust the rear shocks. Something to consider, but like Rex the RoadDog and Blurplebuzz says Have a qualified mechanic check it out.
    • 1855 posts
    April 30, 2014 9:37 AM PDT
    Any results on cause yet?
    • 284 posts
    May 6, 2014 9:08 PM PDT
    I agree with Bailout, Tire wear and balance. Bearings will usually not give you a bounce they scream when damaged.

I agree with a Mechanic to look at it.
    • 1855 posts
    May 7, 2014 12:25 AM PDT
    So now it's been over a week and we still don't know if Grubb found the problem. Come on Grubb!!!!! What's the verdict dude? Inquiring minds want to know.
  • May 14, 2014 10:29 AM PDT
    went to shop they took for a ride said it was low tire pressure they aired them up but to me still does it might think about new tire thanks everyone for the input
    • 19007 posts
    May 18, 2014 1:11 AM PDT
    I hope it is fixed but Me is doubtful of the tire pressure fix. I once had a new tire installed that reallt should never have been put on a bike. 5 ounces out of balance before any corrections. It was a BAD and WARPED tire that the dealer never should have installed. It was so warped it actually distorted the laced wheel to make it look like the wheel was the problem.