distracted riding?

• March 1, 2014 6:18 AM PST
     In the town where I live there is a guy that rides one of them Can Anm Spiders.(the one with 2 wheels in front and 1 in the back) He has a platform mounted in front of him over the tank  and rides with 2 dogs standing on it .I don't see where the dogs are attached to the platform in any way so they are just standing there   basically loose in his lap.You can't talk on a cell phone while driving but I guess two loose dogs in your lap while riding is o.k. (in oregon anyway)
    • 1855 posts
    March 1, 2014 8:05 AM PST
    Ya know; I'd get myself in trouble here on the forum if I mention the "idiocy of distraction" I've seen from a good many self-proclaimed bikers. There are just some things that negate the term "biker".

• March 1, 2014 1:25 PM PST
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    Ya know; I'd get myself in trouble here on the forum if I mention the "idiocy of distraction" I've seen from a good many self-proclaimed bikers. There are just some things that negate the term "biker".

Jimmyacorn, know what ya mean.  Have to say, though, a biker gal with red hair and black leathers went by and I would be distracted, big time.  Hell, would probably run off the damn road!
    • 1855 posts
    March 1, 2014 1:29 PM PST
      My weakness as well.
    • 19007 posts
    March 1, 2014 11:18 PM PST
    Me Three!!!
  • March 1, 2014 11:34 PM PST
    Red hair, black leather and a hard tail distracts all of us who still have a pulse!

But I know what you mean about distracted riding, saw a guy cruising down the interstate on a road glide, sippy cup bottom towards the sky and his head tilted all the way back draining the last drop out of it. My thoughts? Initila lthoughts were IDJIT! No drink in the world worth my life.....
    • 3006 posts
    March 2, 2014 4:24 AM PST
    Riding last weekend I had a somewhat odd experience.Seen a young lady on one of those newer scooters about a 250cc motor?? with her very small dog in her purse,head sticking out,on her lap literally.Odd because,she passed me & I rode behind her for about 10 miles back towards the bay,and I couldnt figure out how that little dog didnt fall off her lap out of the purse.?!? I hung back a bit n was surprised at the stop signs by how fast that little scooter left the line.That little dog didnt even flinch LOL when she wicked back that throttle and was doing at least 55 down this old back road we were riding.
    Yet in my mind it seemed dangerous & each time she came to a stop she checked the dog, distracted driving yeah I would think so.If the pet rides along put them where they cant interfere with the operation of the scoot or cause distraction by other drivers.
    • 5419 posts
    March 3, 2014 3:33 AM PST
    I agree. I have seen dogs riding safely on bikes where they were secured and would no way interfere with the operation or the riders attention to the road and that is fine.

I personally think any type of distraction while riding or driving is dangerous and should be illegal... period.
    • 1855 posts
    March 3, 2014 5:43 AM PST
    Those of us who have been to Sturgis have seen some pretty dumb sheite in terms of pets on bikes.
  • May 2, 2014 11:31 AM PDT
    now this guy has 3 dogs on his bike
  • May 6, 2014 1:50 PM PDT
    1 ok but 3 sounds like trouble waiting to happen
    • 284 posts
    May 6, 2014 9:24 PM PDT
    Amazingly all the videos I have seen on the net with a Dog riding on the tank of a Bike or sitting behind the biker on the rear cushion, none of them ever had any type of harness or devise to restrict their movement.

I do not know if it would distract me as the rider, but If I saw them as I drove by I know I would be doing a double take and distracted as I looked and went "What the F _ _ K". And then looked back to where I was going and thought "Crap this is gonna Hurt" lololol......

The only real distraction I had, and managed to swerve into the other lane, was riding to the Harley Dealership when a Woman pulled up beside me in the left lane on her motorcycle. No bra and some monster Hooters. I glanced over and my eyes bugged out, Jaw dropped, and I thought "Holy Crap are those big" just in time to look at the rear end of the car infront of me stopping. Hit the brakes and did a quick lane change is all that kept me from Kissing the trunk of a car.
    • 207 posts
    May 22, 2014 10:53 PM PDT
    When my wife is on the back, every so often she'll let her 'puppies' loose and shift to the side so one or both are right in my side mirror. Now THAT'S a distraction!
  • May 23, 2014 12:58 AM PDT
    I love big ole brown nosed puppies like that....!