Ride Plans?

• January 31, 2014 4:46 AM PST
    This winter has been brutal. Now the weather allows for a ride now and then. With riding season approaching what are your plans? I'll hit a few of the surrounding town's Festival Days with bike shows. It makes for a nice gathering place and fellowship. This year I'd love to schedule in Daytona Bike Week, and perhaps the MotoGP race in Austin, TX. A definite is the Bikes, Bllues, and BBQ in Fayetteville, AR. If you've never been to the BBB you need to make room for this one sometime. Great scenic mountain roads and over 200,000 in attendance each year. Of course, Sturgis would be fun.

What are your plans? At least the time to ride regularly approaches
    • 1855 posts
    January 31, 2014 5:59 AM PST
    • 57 posts
    January 31, 2014 7:36 AM PST
    Trailer to Florida in Feb. Ride down to Gulf Shores Al. end of May,ride to the outer banks NC. in Oct back to Maggie Valley area ,lots of places to see along the way
    • 1 posts
    January 31, 2014 10:56 AM PST
    I am thinking about a March run to see friends and family in San Antonio, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia and Florida… Not sure of the order or the route, guess I will let mother nature dictate some of that for me. Told the Wooly man that for my b day I want to back in the bayous with my family eating crawfish and gator. Other then that it is where ever and when ever I get there.
    • 5419 posts
    January 31, 2014 11:05 AM PST
    Only a couple things on the calendar so far... out to Arizona in April. We'll do some riding out there, see some old friends and then spend a few days at Arizona Bike Week. Next thing on the calendar is the Redwood Run in June. I'm sure we'll come up other stuff between now and then.
    • 1 posts
    February 1, 2014 7:51 AM PST
    Won't be much riding for us this year. Wifey is having a hip replacement and her rehab will be 6 weeks or so, but it will be just in time for some spring time riding. Plan on riding to Cass Scenic Railroad down in WV. Plus we have a quite a bit on our plate this year. Next year however, will be a our big ride. Heading down to Key West, Fla for a 3 week ride. Hope everyone gets over their cabin fever and never get over the itch to ride.
    • 1364 posts
    February 1, 2014 2:51 PM PST
    Going to try and hit the road a little more this year, So far we are going to roll down to the Redwood Run in June, North cascades Hwy in July and misc weekend rides all summer
  • February 2, 2014 12:49 AM PST
    Plan to ride Eastern 24 states in June.
    • 284 posts
    February 2, 2014 6:36 PM PST
    No Events planned. So far the only trips I am taking is one to Mytrle Beach SC to Jamin Leather to get a set of chaps. That is about a 6+ hour trip up there and back.

Then the Brunswick Ga Sea Food Festival, Great Ogeechee Seafood Festival. Amelia Island, Florida Seafood festival.

Guess you can tell I like Seafood. Then as others pop up. But I am not into long hauls anymore.
  • February 3, 2014 9:38 AM PST
    Looking to get out to the Yuma prison run this spring, Too broke for Sturgis at Mormon Lake AZ. Redwood Run in June and a trip to Tennessee this summer to visit my Daughter and her family.